Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 05:30 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,875,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Untrue. Jesus is fully God and fully man...........
Then, at John 10:36 Jesus is lying when he answers and says he is the Son of God.

Were the devils also lying at Luke 4:41 by saying they believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 27 days ago)

18,760 posts, read 6,820,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Then, at John 10:36 Jesus is lying when he answers and says he is the Son of God.

Were the devils also lying at Luke 4:41 by saying they believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.
No. He is the Son of God. In that time, that phrase would identify him as being equal to God, or God himself. He is not a created being, but he is God. Just like the phrase "Son of Man" doesn't mean he's not human...it means he's human.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,471,807 times
it would be nice to go back to sleep.

its was so much easier blaming everybody else.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:12 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,128,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not so.

People like myself reject OSAS for several reasons:

1) Jesus also spoke the truth about what happens if a person ("you") not remain in him.
  • he does not say: " never mind ... you're OSAS"
  • he does not say: "you never were really a believer in the first place"
2) Jesus does not state OSAS as any scenario to one of the persons represented as the soils in the parable Sower and the Seed

3) Scripture truths are not always to be one or the other as OSAS proponents dictate it to be.
Both are true:
Believers are "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption,"
and this is true: Remain faithful
Hebrews 3:14
We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end."
Hebrews 6:11
"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized."

Spin you're not finding "saved by grace in the gospels" or in the earthly ministry. You find it in Paul's writings....Romans thru Philemon......

Old 01-24-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Paul was not saved and those who live by his words are lost as well.

Jesus must have thought Paul was saved when He sent him out on a mission to the gentiles of the world in Acts 9.........

15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

Old 01-24-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Kjw47 believes you have chosen wrong, and you believe he has. And I'm sure you both believe I have. Doesn't this all strike you as kind of an uncharitable way to treat one another?

Chosen wrong currently certainly doesn't mean doom, there is still time to get on the right path.......time for the scales to fall off the eyes and see the light of Christ........

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,834,436 times
Quote:
No. He is the Son of God. In that time, that phrase would identify him as being equal to God, or God himself. He is not a created being, but he is God. Just like the phrase "Son of Man" doesn't mean he's not human...it means he's human.
So King David was equal to G-d?...

Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,834,436 times
Quote:
Actually,it does. The stain of sin is on all human beings, as we receive the sin nature from Adam.
Where does G-d say this in the Torah?...

Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,420,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not so.

People like myself reject OSAS for several reasons:

1) Jesus also spoke the truth about what happens if a person ("you") not remain in him.
  • he does not say: " never mind ... you're OSAS"
  • he does not say: "you never were really a believer in the first place"
2) Jesus does not state OSAS as any scenario to one of the persons represented as the soils in the parable Sower and the Seed

3) Scripture truths are not always to be one or the other as OSAS proponents dictate it to be.
Both are true:
Believers are "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption,"
and this is true: Remain faithful
Hebrews 3:14
We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end."
Hebrews 6:11
"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Spin you're not finding "saved by grace in the gospels" or in the earthly ministry. You find it in Paul's writings....Romans thru Philemon......
Not sure how your reply had anything to do with my post ...

However, the gospels are about Jesus' redeeming work.
Remember when you stated:
"so it's me 0% and Christ 100%" ~ Vf6cruiser
What you just stated is basically the theme of Jesus' redeeming work throughout the Gospels: "saved by grace"

Old 01-25-2018, 07:56 AM

45,270 posts, read 26,764,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
That's because "saved by grace" did not commence until Christ died.

He had not yet died in His earthly ministry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity