Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 02:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,881,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
If Jesus had been a typical JW, he would have shunned eveyone present, threatened them all with annihilation and passed around a Watchtower or Awake cult tract about 1914 or 1975 or whenever the Governing Body says everyone has to break out the tin foil hats. LOL
Jesus was the #1 witness of YHWH(Jehovah) - Rev 1:5)

Only those who promised God to serve him forever then turn to sin or lies are shunned. That is Gods will. Jesus came to help the others out of their darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 03:15 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,686,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Who has raised anyone higher by judging them. It only condemns. That is why it says the Father judges no-one, but all judgement is entrusted to the Son - that is you and I, examining ourselves. For God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their sins against them. ...of course, people are stricken with grief over the sh1t that happens in this realm, and we grieve with them. But it is a passing illusion. We are Spirit.
Yes, we are appointed to walking through hell/the death realm - all of us are appointed to it. But death and hell shall pass away.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:05 AM

553 posts, read 166,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You must not live on earth. Or don't you think it is sin when a woman gets raped, or a terrorist explodes a bomb and kills innocents, etc.
Quote:
Jesus was the #1 witness of YHWH(Jehovah) - Rev 1:5)

Only those who promised God to serve him forever then turn to sin or lies are shunned. That is Gods will. Jesus came to help the others out of their darkness.
Many Jehovah’s Witnesses probably haven’t even read this yet, but the study article for February 2017 has already been released on jw.org, and it states quite boldly, everything we need to know.

This paragraph, and indeed the entire article is agonisingly conflicting (and I urge you to read the whole thing in context). The writers desperately try to detach the Governing Body from any obligation or blame for that which goes wrong, while still elevating them as some sort of authority. Here are three quotes from the beginning, middle and end of the paragraph.

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction.”

These two sentences alone should be enough for anyone to walk away. I mean, what is the point of any religion, if not to receive spiritual truth and a direct closeness to that which is Godly?

“Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food.”

Um . . . actually, He kind of did. In fact, the parable of the faithful and wise servant pretty much specifically says that if the food is bad or imperfect, then that is how you would know that they are a wicked slave. It is the duty of the faithful and wise servant to provide perfect food at the right time (Matthew 24:45-51).

“What evidence is there that the Governing Body is filling that role? Let us consider the same three factors that directed the governing body in the first century.”

The next paragraph begins in utter contradiction to the preceding. This is the last from the article that I will quote you and thereafter I will leave it alone, as I wish not to bore you. The remainder is up to you, to read at your leisure at jw.org. So here we go, the opening sentences of paragraph thirteen.

“The holy spirit has helped the Governing Body to grasp Scriptural truths not previously understood. For example, reflect on the list of beliefs clarified that was referred to in the preceding paragraph. Surely, no human deserves credit for discovering and explaining these “deep things of God”!”

What “Scriptural truths”? They just stated that the Governing Body was neither inspired nor infallible and that it could err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction. They only just said it. You can’t boast that you have revealed the “deeper things of God” when you’ve only just stated that any of the “deeper things of God” you’ve “discovered” could be, and frequently have been, incorrect. You don’t get to say that the Governing Body is uninspired by God, while simultaneously being “helped” by God’s Holy Spirit. If they were being helped by God’s Holy Spirit, that would be the very . . . the exact definition of being inspired. So, which is it?

This is sneaky, disturbing, double-talk, written to Orwellian proportions. Why do they do it? Here, Big Brother has stated that he is only human, makes mistakes, may well be absolutely wrong about every single thing he commands, and yet he is still the one true organisation of God. Here, Big Brother has declared that his membership must adhere to his commands and do every single thing he demands, because God is with him, even when his commands are contrary to anything God or Jesus have taught. Here, Big Brother has stated that he has the right to conceal paedophiles, split up families, disfellowship people, thereby condemning them to exclusion from paradise and eternal damnation, and that nobody has a right to question his authority because he has God’s pre-ordained approval, whether he be right or wrong about any of it.

This stuff is important. This stuff matters. I have shied away from using this word for so very long, as it immediately offends, but I cannot bring myself to do so any longer. This “religion” is a cult. It’s a cult that has spread to unprecedented degrees. And it destroys lives. People around the world are dying because they are convinced that God wants them to refuse important medical treatment. Parents are forced to grow old without knowing their children or grandchildren. Victims of rape are blamed and then banished from the organisation, after which, they are shunned by the only support network they’ve ever known. Many take their own lives, unable to cope with the isolation and injustice. Others remain silent. In order to keep their families, they would rather pretend it never happened, even though that means staying, existing beneath the oppressive iron fist of the self-admitted, often-failed Governing Body.

https://www.newslogue.com/debate/136/CaelMcIntosh

Old 02-02-2018, 07:17 AM

1,146 posts, read 639,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
This always generates a lot of heat and angst and a chorus claiming they were once saved but now lost. According to the book THEY WERE NEVER SAVED to begin with.

1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Millions across the land live in fear that if they don't lead perfect lives they will be tossed. The opposite is true for real believers.......

Jude 24 24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, (It's Gods POWER that keeps you not yours)

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were SEALED for the day of redemption.

Romans in authority had signet rings to stamp in hot wax SEALING documents and other things. The penalty for breaking the seal was death. We note in the above verse we are sealed until redemption, that makes it permanent.

In Hebrews 3 believers were encouraged to enter God's rest......relax in the knowledge you are secure

And now to wrap it up God emphatically says nothing can take His believers from Him........if someone or some group is telling you that you can be lost, run don't walk out the door......

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Grace and peace and strive to enter into rest.......you are secure if your trust is in Christ.....
If we cannot save ourselves, then how can we separate ourselves from salvation when it has been granted to us?

If Christ says He will never leave us, then how can we separate ourselves from His love?

The confusion, if such be named, comes from Biblical teaching about chastisement and punishment.

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God..." 1Pe 4:17a

If unrighteousness is found in the believer, then it will be swiftly punished. It will be punished here and now, not in eternity. That punishment will be permanent and unpleasant. If the believer continues to rebel against the One to whom he originally pledged allegiance, then he or she may be called home early. That person may suffer and end to life earlier than God intended for them. Blessed is the person who saves a brother or sister from such a judgment.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

The post modern church has elected to teach wickedness and to preach happy talk in order to fill seats and donation baskets on Sunday morning. I personally heard a sermon on grace that ended with the words, "go out and sin that grace may abound." May it never be! God has ordained His eternal Law by which we may live lives that are pleasing to the Lord. How can one be a pleasing living sacrifice to God if he or she lives in wickedness?

Many say that Jesus demolished the Law. He did not.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.†- Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

The church teaches abolition of the law indeed. Is it now permitted to kill one's neighbor instead of loving him? Is it now ok to lie, cheat and steal instead of respecting our neighbor's goods? Is it ok to disrespect the Name of God in everyday lives and language? When Jesus forgave the woman caught in adultery did He tell her to go out and open a brothel or to go and sin no more?

We are given grace that we may please God by living according to the Law.

Go and sin no more.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 02-02-2018, 08:00 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,017,432 times
Quote:
Many Jehovah’s Witnesses probably haven’t even read this yet, but the study article for February 2017 has already been released on jw.org, and it states quite boldly, everything we need to know.

This paragraph, and indeed the entire article is agonisingly conflicting (and I urge you to read the whole thing in context). The writers desperately try to detach the Governing Body from any obligation or blame for that which goes wrong, while still elevating them as some sort of authority. Here are three quotes from the beginning, middle and end of the paragraph.

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction.”

These two sentences alone should be enough for anyone to walk away. I mean, what is the point of any religion, if not to receive spiritual truth and a direct closeness to that which is Godly?

“Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food.”

Um . . . actually, He kind of did. In fact, the parable of the faithful and wise servant pretty much specifically says that if the food is bad or imperfect, then that is how you would know that they are a wicked slave. It is the duty of the faithful and wise servant to provide perfect food at the right time (Matthew 24:45-51).

“What evidence is there that the Governing Body is filling that role? Let us consider the same three factors that directed the governing body in the first century.”

The next paragraph begins in utter contradiction to the preceding. This is the last from the article that I will quote you and thereafter I will leave it alone, as I wish not to bore you. The remainder is up to you, to read at your leisure at jw.org. So here we go, the opening sentences of paragraph thirteen.

“The holy spirit has helped the Governing Body to grasp Scriptural truths not previously understood. For example, reflect on the list of beliefs clarified that was referred to in the preceding paragraph. Surely, no human deserves credit for discovering and explaining these “deep things of God”!”

What “Scriptural truths”? They just stated that the Governing Body was neither inspired nor infallible and that it could err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction. They only just said it. You can’t boast that you have revealed the “deeper things of God” when you’ve only just stated that any of the “deeper things of God” you’ve “discovered” could be, and frequently have been, incorrect. You don’t get to say that the Governing Body is uninspired by God, while simultaneously being “helped” by God’s Holy Spirit. If they were being helped by God’s Holy Spirit, that would be the very . . . the exact definition of being inspired. So, which is it?

This is sneaky, disturbing, double-talk, written to Orwellian proportions. Why do they do it? Here, Big Brother has stated that he is only human, makes mistakes, may well be absolutely wrong about every single thing he commands, and yet he is still the one true organisation of God. Here, Big Brother has declared that his membership must adhere to his commands and do every single thing he demands, because God is with him, even when his commands are contrary to anything God or Jesus have taught. Here, Big Brother has stated that he has the right to conceal paedophiles, split up families, disfellowship people, thereby condemning them to exclusion from paradise and eternal damnation, and that nobody has a right to question his authority because he has God’s pre-ordained approval, whether he be right or wrong about any of it.

This stuff is important. This stuff matters. I have shied away from using this word for so very long, as it immediately offends, but I cannot bring myself to do so any longer. This “religion” is a cult. It’s a cult that has spread to unprecedented degrees. And it destroys lives. People around the world are dying because they are convinced that God wants them to refuse important medical treatment. Parents are forced to grow old without knowing their children or grandchildren. Victims of rape are blamed and then banished from the organisation, after which, they are shunned by the only support network they’ve ever known. Many take their own lives, unable to cope with the isolation and injustice. Others remain silent. In order to keep their families, they would rather pretend it never happened, even though that means staying, existing beneath the oppressive iron fist of the self-admitted, often-failed Governing Body.

We've had a couple of visits off some young Mormon "missionaries" in the last month. I invite them in - we have a glass of water - we talk.

I'm not as outwardly confrontational as I used to be - I would have said that I regarded such as a cult 10+ years ago, to their face, but I think it just comes across as negative (blaming/accusation), and they take it as persecution/suffering, and battle on.

Let's face it, any institution or hierarchy with voluntary membership requires some type of galvanising purpose, even if it's just personality and magnetism of the leader or governing body - but we don't regard any and all voluntary networks as cults. The fact that they are purporting to have some angle on relating to God and by definition if we're not in their club, we don't have what they have, is designed to rub people up the wrong way.

I think there is a truth that is manifesting in the earth, because Father is doing it; that people are being loosed from organised religion, called out into the wilderness, yes even from frustration, and finding that He is there, as the still small voice that cannot be heard in the thick of Jerusalem. Its what I'm going to tell my new friends when they next call round. Pull down a few strongholds, .

Old 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction.â€

“Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food.â€

“What evidence is there that the Governing Body is filling that role? Let us consider the same three factors that directed the governing body in the first century.â€

“The holy spirit has helped the Governing Body to grasp Scriptural truths not previously understood. For example, reflect on the list of beliefs clarified that was referred to in the preceding paragraph. Surely, no human deserves credit for discovering and explaining these “deep things of Godâ€!â€

What “Scriptural truths� They just stated that the Governing Body was neither inspired nor infallible and that it could err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction. They only just said it. You can’t boast that you have revealed the “deeper things of God†when you’ve only just stated that any of the “deeper things of God†you’ve “discovered†could be, and frequently have been, incorrect. You don’t get to say that the Governing Body is uninspired by God, while simultaneously being “helped†by God’s Holy Spirit. If they were being helped by God’s Holy Spirit, that would be the very . . . the exact definition of being inspired. So, which is it?

This stuff is important. This stuff matters. I have shied away from using this word for so very long, as it immediately offends, but I cannot bring myself to do so any longer. This “religion†is a cult. It’s a cult that has spread to unprecedented degrees. And it destroys lives. People around the world are dying because they are convinced that God wants them to refuse important medical treatment. Parents are forced to grow old without knowing their children or grandchildren. Victims of rape are blamed and then banished from the organisation, after which, they are shunned by the only support network they’ve ever known. Many take their own lives, unable to cope with the isolation and injustice. Others remain silent. In order to keep their families, they would rather pretend it never happened, even though that means staying, existing beneath the oppressive iron fist of the self-admitted, often-failed Governing Body.

Yes they made errors along the way. The first 70 years had only error filled translation to use. They corrected many of their errors as well as 1550 years of errors.
The following is 100% reality--check
From Moses on up until this very day, teach, serve and worship -- a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)--The true God
Taught to every Israelite all the way, in every synagogue and temple--Taught, to Matthew, Mark, Peter, Timothy,etc, and Jesus when he attended his first 30years. Not one of them ever refuted that God as being the true God. They taught him as well==John 20:17, 1Peter1:3, 2 Cor 1:3 many other spots. John 4:22-24 is the bottom line reality of it all.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 PM

Your Governing Body, like all cult religion hierarchies, sins -- if there's a sin that is a REAL sin -- by imprisoning their followers minds within some rigid structure without flexibility. Instead, the JWs could improve immeasurably by reforming. Admitting they are not infallible is a start toward freeing their followers minds. Next, let the wheat and the tares grow together, all the while teaching a Christian morality but without the shunning and excommunications of vulnerable people caught up by human foibles. Reasonably minded people will not be lead astray by the sins of others and the quiet example of Christian living will have its effect on the "tares". Stop worrying about running the lives of others and leave the frayed ends to the care of the Lord. Wait on the Lord, as you proclaim, but never seem to know how to practice with the wisdom of charity.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Your Governing Body, like all cult religion hierarchies, sins -- if there's a sin that is a REAL sin -- by imprisoning their followers minds within some rigid structure without flexibility. Instead, the JWs could improve immeasurably by reforming. Admitting they are not infallible is a start toward freeing their followers minds. Next, let the wheat and the tares grow together, all the while teaching a Christian morality but without the shunning and excommunications of vulnerable people caught up by human foibles. Reasonably minded people will not be lead astray by the sins of others and the quiet example of Christian living will have its effect on the "tares". Stop worrying about running the lives of others and leave the frayed ends to the care of the Lord. Wait on the Lord, as you proclaim, but never seem to know how to practice with the wisdom of charity.

They know 100% they aren't infallible-- They made plenty of errors through the years--they corrected those errors. Only one called a brother who turned against God are shunned--family members included--Jesus warned all that the members of their own families would become their enemies( spiritually) if they followed him.
No domestic knows a revealed truth before Jesus' teachers do. EVER. A domestic does this-Luke 10:16--without fail. If one listens to Jesus real teachers its the same as listening to God and Jesus--or vica versa--those who reject those teachers, reject God and his son as well. I studied Jesus carefully--there is 0 doubt, he is with the JW teachers and none other.

I just shared scripture after scripture from Jesus and 3 real teachers--yet you reject that truth for dogma. very Sad

Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
If one listens to Jesus real teachers its the same as listening to God and Jesus--or vica versa--those who reject those teachers, reject God and his son as well.
Who were the real teachers before Charles Taze Russel, you know, before 1870? Or prior to 1931? When your cult took its Jehovah's Witness moniker LOL

Last edited by wellsmaine; 02-03-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 PM

63,402 posts, read 39,647,364 times
Quote:
If one listens to Jesus real teachers its the same as listening to God and Jesus--or vica versa--those who reject those teachers, reject God and his son as well. I studied Jesus carefully--there is 0 doubt, he is with the JW teachers and none other.
There is tremendous danger in elevating mere flawed and fallible humans to the stature of God. No good can come of it, period! You abdicate your personal responsibility to come to know God and Jesus through the Comforter guiding you to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" in love of God and each other. Truly sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity