Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:49 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
These are bad examples the people I'm talking about were those who were briefly excited but never truly believed. Later they bitterly worked against God, mocking and clearly never having understood faith or the works of Jesus or what was really required for salvation. Have dealt with many on other forums. Will probably have a few here also......although only Jesus can see the heart motivation and a miniscule few may have a change of heart later, there is just no way to know. The door is open......we all have until our last breath to believe in the mighty one of Nazareth.......
Can I hear your experience? How do you know you are saved? What happened? I was kind of disappointed that only one Christian (MightyQueen) gave hers on that thread I asked other Christians to participate on. Here it is again in case you missed it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...henomenon.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 09:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
These are bad examples the people I'm talking about were those who were briefly excited but never truly believed. Later they bitterly worked against God, mocking and clearly never having understood faith or the works of Jesus or what was really required for salvation. Have dealt with many on other forums. Will probably have a few here also......although only Jesus can see the heart motivation and a miniscule few may have a change of heart later, there is just no way to know. The door is open......we all have until our last breath to believe in the mighty one of Nazareth.......
And for those who lived their lives without having even had the chance to hear about Him, I guess the door shuts tightly at that last breath. Sorry, but that just doesn't fly with me. The thing is, since only Jesus can know a person's heart or know what specifically might have caused someone not to believe, I'd say that only Jesus can decide when that door actually shuts.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:34 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Can I hear your experience? How do you know you are saved? What happened? I was kind of disappointed that only one Christian (MightyQueen) gave hers on that thread I asked other Christians to participate on. Here it is again in case you missed it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...henomenon.html
oops. There were 2 Christians that shared. MightyQueen and Thoreau424. Sorry Thoreau424.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:41 AM

998 posts, read 436,564 times
Really? How about belief in the Blessed Virgin Mary? Jesus said in Matthew 24:41, "Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left." This is repeated in Luke 17:35. Jesus said, "Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left." The spirit of Ama told us (plural) who the two men, and two women, are.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:03 AM

3,801 posts, read 2,995,173 times
False doctrine, many NDE's have testified against this belief.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:55 AM

436 posts, read 302,344 times
Relying on our own free-will to choose salvation or not choose salvation is NOT scriptural.
We are taught the exact opposite by our Savior

1. Jesus instructed Nicodemus (John 3)
A person cannot be born a second time crawling back into their Mothers womb to be born again.
Meaning-[If a person looses salvation] they cannot use their free-will to crawl back up into their mothers womb to be born again

Salvation, the death & re-birth, is each a one time event.

”How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. John 3:4

For Christ also suffered ONCE for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.- 1Peter 3:18

Christ death was JUST ONCE
We died with Christ JUST ONCE
Christ rose JUST ONCE
We rose with Christ JUST ONCE (per 1Peter 3:18)

Our death was just once
Our re-birth just once
Same with Christ
Christ doesn’t crawling back into his moms womb
To be born again- each and every time, our free-will decides to reconcile with the Father
Nor do we

Wasn’t the excruciating pain Christ endured on the cross once and for all
enough to save us once and for all?
Because that WAS THE POINT OF IT ALL RIGHT??

Old 01-09-2018, 04:26 AM

436 posts, read 302,344 times
We have no free-will to leave our Savior
He chose us. He is GOD ALMIGHTY. He knows how to keep us from being plucked from his hands
Free-Will extends only so far as God allows it to
So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?”
Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.
We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.”Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?” John 6:67-70

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1John 2:19

Satan said "You shall not certainly die" Gen 3:4
Except Satan is a liar
Adam & Eve ate forbidden fruit and then were banished from paradise
Adam & Eve died a bodily death
Yet they were both chosen by God
They did not "go out from God"
except temporarily out of embarrassment of being naked

God chose them just as he chose us
Just as he chose his disciples
And he kept Adam & Eve from being plucked from his hand
Just as he does us...

Old 01-09-2018, 05:42 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
This always generates a lot of heat and angst and a chorus claiming they were once saved but now lost. According to the book THEY WERE NEVER SAVED to begin with.

1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Millions across the land live in fear that if they don't lead perfect lives they will be tossed. The opposite is true for real believers.......

Jude 24 24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, (It's Gods POWER that keeps you not yours)

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were SEALED for the day of redemption.

Romans in authority had signet rings to stamp in hot wax SEALING documents and other things. The penalty for breaking the seal was death. We note in the above verse we are sealed until redemption, that makes it permanent.

In Hebrews 3 believers were encouraged to enter God's rest......relax in the knowledge you are secure

And now to wrap it up God emphatically says nothing can take His believers from Him........if someone or some group is telling you that you can be lost, run don't walk out the door......

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Grace and peace and strive to enter into rest.......you are secure if your trust is in Christ.....

The problem with your closing statement= Jesus is only with --ONE single religion( 1Cor 1:10)--there are 34,000 to choose from that claim to be his. There is more than one Jesus being taught on earth. 99% chose wrong.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:20 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

So if they died unrepentant in their sins, would they have been seen as saved in the eyes of God?
Exactly. Anyone can turn back into perdition at anytime. Once Saved Always Saved is flat out false doctrine.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Ive known many with a 100% pure heart when they got saved, but after the age of 18-21 when there was no one to tell them what to do or they were just tired of being good and waiting on whoever God would send them, they lived lives equal or worse to their unbelieving friends.

So if they died unrepentant in their sins, would they have been seen as saved in the eyes of God?
From my experience, many people only choose to be saved or hand over their lives to God, mainly to avoid any possible consequences in the afterlife. Proof of this can be seen in the fire and brimstone preaching...they are trying to scare people into being saved, do this or suffer for eternity as punishment. Somehow I dont think being saved for that reason, really counts. You are not really doing it for the right reason.

Same thing goes for this world too, fear of consequences is enough to keep law and order, even if people truly want to commit crimes, loss of freedom (prison) is a strong enough consequence to avoid actually doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity