Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times

Advertisements

There's no such thing as "once saved, always saved." That's like believing that you can't get another speeding ticket after paying for a previous citation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 12:41 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
There's no such thing as "once saved, always saved." That's like believing that you can't get another speeding ticket after paying for a previous citation.
Mixing apples and oranges or oil and water.

It's the spiritual over the physical....you think?

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-03-2018, 03:43 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The lost sheep of the House of Israel were the ten tribes that were lost from the Northern Kingdom of Israel...Judah, the other stick, obviously was not lost...G-d will take those two sticks and make them one again and then make with them a New Covenant and write His Torah on their hearts...I thought that you followed Jesus?...

There NO ten lost tribes.......Jesus knows where everyone is........

I will completely fry your brain because I follow Paul who follows Jesus........

!Cor11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:52 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post

Salvation is a work of God and all believers receive the imputed righteousness of Jesus, and no human can undo what God has established.......

Old 03-03-2018, 04:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Salvation is a work of God and all believers receive the imputed righteousness of Jesus, and no human can undo what God has established.......

Then how do you explain what Jesus taught at Matthew 7:21-23-- these believe, yet Jesus said-MANY will hear his words. This is judgement scenario.) There are many requirements on the mortals part. Jesus said FEW will find the road. Men with white collars on handing their flocks entrance into Gods kingdom by telling them they are saved or born again is NOT reality. They do not know who will gain entrance into Gods kingdom. Just in theory nothing more. They get many tithes.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:46 PM

553 posts, read 172,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Then how do you explain what Jesus taught at Matthew 7:21-23-- these believe, yet Jesus said-MANY will hear his words. This is judgement scenario.) There are many requirements on the mortals part. Jesus said FEW will find the road. Men with white collars on handing their flocks entrance into Gods kingdom by telling them they are saved or born again is NOT reality. They do not know who will gain entrance into Gods kingdom. Just in theory nothing more. They get many tithes.
And the JW Governing Body has been in error so often you must feel your skin has turned to 'fleeced'.

Last edited by wellsmaine; 03-03-2018 at 05:31 PM..

Old 03-03-2018, 04:59 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I don't think Matthew 7:13 speaking of the gate is about requirements. It's just that you can't find the narrow gate if you have to be a dick about everything. The verse right before that sums it up nicely:

12In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Are you telling me you wish to be treated as if your thoughts don't matter? Are you saying you want to be treated as "evil", "defective", "apostate"? Do you want to have people speak on behalf of God to tell you that God disapproves of how you live your life? When you speak your truth do you want to be called "mentally diseased" and feasting at the table of demons? Well then congratulations you will find the narrow gate.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
You mean G-d knows where the lost tribes of the Northern Kingdom of Israel are...

Quote:
I will completely fry your brain because I follow Paul who follows Jesus.
Go for it!....

Old 03-04-2018, 01:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

I will completely fry your brain because I follow Paul who follows Jesus........

!Cor11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Paul does not follow Jesus at all...

Old 03-04-2018, 03:26 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Paul does not follow Jesus at all...
And you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity