Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2018, 01:17 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

It really works better to get out of yourself and find someone who needs your help. NONE of us can be separated from the love of God and we get to express that love to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 03:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Broken relationships - I've had a few girlfriends over the years. relationships that lasted as long as 5 years, but the girl I was with lastly found some unemployed drug dealer and got pregnant with him. That kind of rocked me a little bit.

But I think what's really been tugging at me lately is HELL. I'm having a hard time lining that up with Jesus/Christ/God.
I feel bad for you because all this confusion did start all the way in college .... you just don't see it..
but any longer than a few months of real courting ( as in no sex before marriage ) .. a few months to get a know a person.. it is no longer a " relationship " but a mutually agreed upon "USING" , and after 5 years of basically defiling each other .. it is no wonder that it ended like it did and you are now worried all about hell.. you can't defile yourself with fake "almost married" but not committend / and Not " .. but bonded and in bondage mutually agreed upon defilment.. but just really using each other.. and expect it to end well. but to God and in his views you were married.. and the two became one flesh.. that is really married in Go'ds view and how he created your soul and body to work.. .. if there was a preacher or not. marriage is what happens in a bedroom not just a courtroom or a church house in front of a preacher . what happens in a courtroom or in a church has to do with proclaiming a legal and lawful agreements to the church(members ) and to the overnment. a proclaimimg of exculsivity agreement in front of witnesses and or court reporters.. .. . it has actaully squat to do with biblical marriage..

Gal 1:4

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

1Ti 2:6

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Tit 2:14

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

THIS IS WHAT REAL HUSBANDS DO for their" Wives "!!!!

one of these subjects are not disassociated from the other subjects in your original Post..
pretending one doesn't 'exists in order to make the first one or any of the others...void isn't going to work either. Not honestly anyway.
PLEASE take these issues to the Lord and not men . and let him sort it out. THE FACT YOU ARE ASKING MEN FOR THEIR OPINIONS AND NOT JESUS AND HIS WORD KIND OF PROVES YOU DON'T HAVE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU THINK YOU HAD WITH HIM EITHER. ..
but it is time for you to play " Let's get real and real Honest" with the Lord who can fix it.
SO maybe get started with good old fashioned repentance.. which means for your mind to come into agreement with him AND HIS WORD and allow him to untangle the mess you made. He and The Spirit is able and willing..
I pray You work it out with him.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 AM

the goal is love just Not man Love/ lub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQV0fA_xBs8

Old 01-13-2018, 02:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
the goal is love just Not man Love/ lub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQV0fA_xBs8
How is that different from having a vested concern for the well-being of others in ANY situation?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:57 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
How is that different from having a vested concern for the well-being of others in ANY situation?
It isn't, Nate. The misguided idea that sin is the violation of some law of God that will be punished by His wrath is what corrupts the understanding of the love we are to have for God and each other. Sins are selfish and inconsiderate responses to our drives that satisfy US but result in harm to others. They stifle the growth of our spiritual awareness and sensitivity in favor of our carnal enjoyment. (We feed our animal needs and starve our spiritual needs.) This is counter to God's desire for us . . . since our purpose is to develop a strong enough spiritual embryo to be reborn as Spirit at our death. Failure has negative consequences . . . but they are not a punishment.

Understanding that our true purpose here is to develop spiritually while surviving by satisfying our carnal needs should produce a more enlightened view of our predicament. We would not have carnally pleasurable experiences if they were prohibited or "sinful" in their own right. It is the indiscriminate pursuit and enjoyment of those pleasures REGARDLESS OF THEIR CONSEQUENCES TO OTHERS . . . that is sinful. This why the injunction to "love each other" is so much more encompassing than a mere ten commandments. Love will not allow us to harm others just to please ourselves so it covers far more circumstances.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:35 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, that’s right...Replacement theology...
You don't think I believe in a replacement theology do you?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since Jesus taught that 'Scripture' is religious truth at John 17:17, then to me it would seem we are to be taught by Jesus.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures and often prefaced his statement with the words, " it is written....." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures. Since Jesus based his teachings on Scripture, then it seems logical to me that we should also be taught from Scripture just as the people of Acts 17:11 searched or researched Scripture each day to see if what they were hearing, what they were learning, was what the Bible really teaches.
Matthew, believe it or not, Christians don't believe what was going on in Acts, just saying. We watch Jesus come in Judaism and he made many disciples, and we watched all the acts of the saints who brought Gentiles into Judaism to add them to the nation of Israel.

Christians believe something else, I am surprised every time a Christian even quotes Acts. If it were all true, there wouldn't be any Christians, just converts of Judaism.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
a concern is just a lousy attempt at some cheap a ZZZ love/ or lube as it is cheap even as you define love even. Not as he does. you haven't a clue yet what he means when he demands that we love not with his love but like his love .. Love from well-rooted fruit trees and well-grown fruit fully ripe which will truly grow and nourish the ones given such fruits of his spirit. .. His love walks and talks like him . it does what he does.

not
what you do! the problem lies in that you think you come by that kind of love naturally is where you are wrong. it isn't part of the atmosphere. it isn't universal goooop that all can access. it isn't part of our environment .. it isn't easy and doesn't come cheap. it isn't sweet platitudes and fancies and niceties ! and rarely is it comfortable or at first comforting for either party , the giver or the reciever.. because the truth hurts because lies are what they liked that got them where they are .. but truth sets us free and heals our hearts...

what cheap love is what you do is just greasy grace-ish. you are just letting all itch their own. then say some cuties thing.. in the meantime, the Giver feels so good about themselves. and the receiver nothing has changed so they will come back to that same place tomorrow only more dispairing next time ( with 7 demons worse... and the state of the man is worse than in the beginning, see scripture below ) pretend to sweep it all up .. but it never helps and only makes it worse. . and it isn't "love" by his definition. The kingdom of self in bothof those parties is still there in control and it isn't the kingdom of God that can heal and set them free.
you see that kind of True LOVE Costs the giver !!! and not the receiver. the gift of love is free. giving love Costs the giver.. and we are demanded to love like he loved and that demand costs US... not the one receiving that love and or that truth that truth may have cost you years and thousands of tears to learn.. They might even laugh it off like it means nothing. but your blood sweat and years and tears grew that truth that could set them free.. . just like salvation it is a free gift to the receiver .. but the demand that we love is about rewards.. and that will or can cost you everything like it cost Paul and all the disciples !!
Get his definitions from the Bible. not me and not men! men ideas just will get them more waterless places and no rest ..
Jesus said

Mat 12:43

¶
“Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.

Mat 12:44

“Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order.

Mat 12:45

“Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”

the issue here is the kingdom of self-built with the bricks of lies in all of the walls of lies the demons can hide behind... with his word his his spirit and his people with discernment .. The Lord can tear down the lies brick by brick and until there is no place for them to hide. The KINGdom Of SELF is the kingdom of HELL>>

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-14-2018 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-14-2018, 08:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You don't think I believe in a replacement theology do you?
Not so much, but a lot of Christians do...

Old 01-14-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Not so much, but a lot of Christians do...
MOST Christians do, I only believe that I was added through that promise in Hosea 2 to those ten tribes which were seeded into the nations, I just come as a convert, as any Gentile would take hold of the covenant through Isaiah 56. There is a big difference between Ephraim and Judah, I never claim to be of Judah, only in my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity