Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 02:50 AM

709 posts, read 377,915 times

Advertisements

From the Bible:

9. Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

10. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of
God. (1 Kor. 6)

So God is calling us to the path of righteousness, but if we are not in the path righteousness, we do not hear his call, because of the many temptations of this world, and our own flesh which fill our hearts.

We can not live in those sins and survive, it's a self-deception if we try, and it may give some hope for now, but not in the end when the truth only matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 03:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
From the Bible:

9. Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

10. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of
God. (1 Kor. 6)

So God is calling us to the path of righteousness, but if we are not in the path righteousness, we do not hear his call, because of the many temptations of this world, and our own flesh which fill our hearts.

We can not live in those sins and survive, it's a self-deception if we try, and it may give some hope for now, but not in the end when the truth only matters.
SO we are essentially still under the law, and Jesus lied when He told humanity it was all about GRACE and fogiveness?

So if LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR is not the greatest commandment (as Jesus claimed) what might the "greatest commandment be, according to Paul?

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:39 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
SO we are essentially still under the law, and Jesus lied when He told humanity it was all about GRACE and fogiveness?

So if LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR is not the greatest commandment (as Jesus claimed) what might the "greatest commandment be, according to Paul?

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
Jesus most definitely didn't lie, because he knew if everyone had love for each other. then it would cover the Laws of Jehovah God's 10 Commandments. which in that Law he told us what we shouldn't do towards others. but of the all the Laws Jesus told us exactly what we need to do if we wanted to enter God's kingdom. and despite what many believe, calling on Jesus wasn't going to do it ,his words!, (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace

Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
From the Bible:

God. (1 Kor. 6)

I'm thankful that I am righteous by the righteousness of Christ. if it were up to me, I wouldn't qualify.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:55 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm thankful that I am righteous by the righteousness of Christ. if it were up to me, I wouldn't qualify.
Why should we believe you?

I am asking because you often say the same to others.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:42 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,717 times
Quote:
what does that mean?... "I am righteous by the righteousness of Christ." can you explain because I know Jesus was sent to teach, set an example in which we were to follow. and then to die so that we might live. thanks

Old 01-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
what does that mean?... "I am righteous by the righteousness of Christ." can you explain because I know Jesus was sent to teach, set an example in which we were to follow. and then to die so that we might live. thanks
Read Ephesians. Chapter 1-2 talk about how we are unrighteous, and we were enemies with God in our natural state. God grants us the faith to believe, and it's by grace through faith that we are saved -- nothing else (Eph 2:8-9).

When you trust in Jesus as your savior, you are born again, and have the right to become a child of God (John 1:12). NOTHING else makes you acceptable in God's eyes, except faith in Jesus. If Jesus only came to set an example, then he didn't need to die on a cross. He took the punishment on our behalf. He is the propitiation that turns away the wrath of God.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Why should we believe you?

I am asking because you often say the same to others.
Because I back it up with Scripture. It's not just my opinion. If you can base what you say off of Scripture, I'll believe you, but this forum is full of people that simply give their opinions and act like it's fact.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
While the crowd is trying to find loopholes into God's Kingdom, Mikko is serving the true way to enter. Furthermore, from the Scriptures:

Romans 8
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Sounds just a wee bit self-righteous huh?

Personally, I will take FORGIVENESS and GRACE over RIGHTEOUSNESS everyday of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity