Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 04:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,785,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Carnal thinking is what leads to the misunderstanding of the spiritual import of the inspirations from God. Focus on the body and its desires is misguided. Focus on the control of the desires that hurt or harm others directly or indirectly. That should be our spiritual focus. And our focus should be on OUR spiritual growth, NOT what others are doing or not.

Colossians 2:19,
. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this, you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.

Jeremias, 8:8

. . . How do you say: We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Indeed the lying pen of the Scribes hath wrought falsehood. The wise men are confounded, they are dismayed and taken . . . and there is no wisdom in them. They are confounded because they have committed abomination: yea rather they are not confounded with confusion.

Romans 14:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Spiritual thinking is what separates us from the animals. Animals do not develop attitudes or abstract philosophies to guide and direct their behavior. They merely assess each separate course of action on the spot to determine which response is least painful or more pleasurable and react accordingly. (Evaluate your own actions against this animalistic model.)

Paul in his epistle to the Colossians warned of this approach, 2:18,

. . . Let no-one cheat you who takes pleasure in self-abasement and worship of the angels, and enters vainly into what he has not seen, puffed up by his mere human mind. . . In this, you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men,' which, to be sure, have a show of wisdom in superstition and self-abasement and hard treatment of the body, but are not to be held in esteem, and lead to the full gratification of the flesh.

The "show of wisdom" refers to the correctness of the principle of control of our behaviors. Everyone who adopts an ascetic lifestyle does not have the wrong attitude. But for those who do it out of love of self and not others, their reasons or attitudes corrupt the result and virtually assure failure. This, it seems to me, can be an especially tragic error for those misguided souls who adopt this lifestyle with every good intention of fulfilling God's purpose.

All the angst about sin proceeds from the mistaken notion that sins are a violation of God's laws and that there will therefore be a punishment for them emanating from the wrath of God. This is utter nonsense. Sins are selfish and inconsiderate responses to our drives that satisfy US . . . but result in harm to others. They stifle the growth of our spiritual awareness and sensitivity in favor of our carnal enjoyment. (We feed our animal needs and starve our spiritual needs.) This is counter to God's desire for us . . . since our purpose is to develop a strong enough spiritual embryo to be reborn as Spirit at our death. Failure has negative consequences . . . but they are not a punishment.

Understanding that our true purpose here is to develop spiritually while surviving by satisfying our carnal needs should produce a more enlightened view of our predicament. We would not have carnally pleasurable experiences if they were prohibited or "sinful" in their own right. It is the indiscriminate pursuit and enjoyment of those pleasures REGARDLESS OF THEIR CONSEQUENCES TO OTHERS . . . that is sinful. This why the injunction to "love each other" is so much more encompassing than a mere ten commandments. Love will not allow us to harm others just to please ourselves so it covers far more circumstances.
All the Law and the prophets hang on these.......?

Ole Paul spoke plainly..

"But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:47 PM

22,991 posts, read 10,337,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Have you forgotten the parable of lazarus.
Whoever denies Yeshua he will deny them.

Even the least will not teach people to deny The Holy One has risen.

Only the evil one does this.
And does so out of hate.
Hate because it already lost.
Lazarus is the name of the priesthood, Lazarus IS the rich man, he is inside the rich man but the rich man chose riches instead of the priesthood.

Understand that Israel, that Judah is the chosen people, Christ came offering a betrothal to Gentiles, NOT JEWS. That is where people get confused. Christians have it in their heads as if Jews are lost when even the New Testament explains much different saying that if their rejection means salvation to the world that what will be their outcome other than life? Jesus MUST DO EXACTLY what Joseph did. Joseph's whole life taught the Messiah and what does Joseph tell his brethren that rejected Joseph? He tells them THEY WERE PRE DESTINED to do what they did. Jesus also says you can speak against him and be forgiven, and that you can even teach against the law and be forgiven.

But THE WHOLE of the book shows Israel being scattered into the nations until a time comes when they are gathered back, and the whole world is gathered together and JUDGED on Yom Kippur in how they have treated the Jews. EVERY SINGLE PERSON, EVERY NATION is judged in how they treated God's people, and ALL the prophets show this, ALL THE PROPHETS show God coming to judge the world, and how the kings of the world will gather the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of Judah.

It doesn't matter which prophet you choose, THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING.

Jesus came to betroth Gentile in order to redeem them into Israel, JEWS were already Israel, they are already the chosen and Jesus came ADDING TO THE NATION, he didn't come adding Gentiles to a damned nation, he came adding Gentiles to a chosen nation where Gentiles could become co heirs BECAUSE JUDAH IS THE HEIR.

I mean, name a prophet?

Isaiah
Ezekiel
Jeremiah
Malachi
Amos

NAME any prophet and I will show you God coming to fight for his chosen people of Judah who love and keep his commandments, name ANY prophet and I will show you the feast of Tabernacles taking place where EVERYONE in Judah is made Holy because their name is attached to God's name and he makes them Holy because of his name, and ALL THE PROPHETS AGREE ON THE END.

God will make the whole world know that he has loved the Jews and they are his people, pick a prophet.

Here is God coming for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and we are shown the feast of Tabernacles all at once where God is going to judge every single person who ever opened their eyes at Judah.

O GENTILES, DO WHAT YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN DO, PREPARE FOR WAR BECAUSE THE LORD OF HOSTS IS COMING AND IT WILL BE AS WITH A STRONG MAN AND A LITTLE GIRL.

PREPARE FOR WAR!!!!!!!

Joel 3
The Lord Judges the Nations
1For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head; 5Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:

6The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border. 7Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head: 8And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.{THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES}
14Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Blessings for God's People
17So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.
19Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
20But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
21For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

PREPARE FOR WAR O GENTILES, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NO HOPE.

There is no hope for the enemies of Israel.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lazarus is the name of the priesthood, Lazarus IS the rich man, he is inside the rich man but the rich man chose riches instead of the priesthood.

Understand that Israel, that Judah is the chosen people, Christ came offering a betrothal to Gentiles, NOT JEWS. That is where people get confused. Christians have it in their heads as if Jews are lost when even the New Testament explains much different saying that if their rejection means salvation to the world that what will be their outcome other than life? Jesus MUST DO EXACTLY what Joseph did. Joseph's whole life taught the Messiah and what does Joseph tell his brethren that rejected Joseph? He tells them THEY WERE PRE DESTINED to do what they did. Jesus also says you can speak against him and be forgiven, and that you can even teach against the law and be forgiven.

But THE WHOLE of the book shows Israel being scattered into the nations until a time comes when they are gathered back, and the whole world is gathered together and JUDGED on Yom Kippur in how they have treated the Jews. EVERY SINGLE PERSON, EVERY NATION is judged in how they treated God's people, and ALL the prophets show this, ALL THE PROPHETS show God coming to judge the world, and how the kings of the world will gather the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of Judah.

Jesus came to betroth Gentile in order to redeem them into Israel, JEWS were already Israel, they are already the chosen and Jesus came ADDING TO THE NATION, he didn't come adding Gentiles to a damned nation, he came adding Gentiles to a chosen nation where Gentiles could become co heirs BECAUSE JUDAH IS THE HEIR.

I mean, name a prophet?

Isaiah
Ezekiel
Jeremiah
Malachi
Amos

NAME any prophet and I will show you God coming to fight for his chosen people of Judah who love and keep his commandments, name ANY prophet and I will show you the feast of Tabernacles taking place where EVERYONE in Judah is made Holy because their name is attached to God's name and he makes them Holy because of his name, and ALL THE PROPHETS AGREE ON THE END.

God will make the whole world know that he has loved the Jews and they are his people, pick a prophet.

Here is God coming for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and we are shown the feast of Tabernacles all at once where God is going to judge every single person who ever opened their eyes at Judah.

O GENTILES, DO WHAT YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN DO, PREPARE FOR WAR BECAUSE THE LORD OF HOSTS IS COMING AND IT WILL BE AS WITH A STRONG MAN AND A LITTLE GIRL.

PREPARE FOR WAR!!!!!!!

Joel 3
1For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head; 5Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:

6The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border. 7Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head: 8And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.{THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES}
14Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.
19Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
21For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

No hope for the enemies who both tempt others to curse and those who curse avraham.
Twofold sons and daughters of perdition, the house of flies.
The Unforgivable.

The royal lineage of Yeshua (jesus).
The very flesh and blood man that ascended to heaven is the only King of yehudah that any person is called to.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:

I mean, name a prophet?

Isaiah
Ezekiel
Jeremiah
Malachi
Amos

PREPARE FOR WAR!!!!!!!

Joel 3

Hope?
So, are you now calling ole paul a two faced liar?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."

Kedoshim in a Nutshell - Texts & Summaries - Parshah

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+1

Old 01-15-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:

I mean, name a prophet?

Isaiah
Ezekiel
Jeremiah
Malachi
Amos

PREPARE FOR WAR!!!!!!!

Joel 3

I will ask again.
are you male or female?

Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,928,368 times
Delving deeper, we learn to put off the works of the flesh and put on a new man (or woman):

Colossians 3
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Delving deeper, we learn to put off the works of the flesh and put on a new man (or woman):

Colossians 3
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
But it is ok for G-d to be wrathful?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity