Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 09:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

(First let me say, I just love Jeremiah.)

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. 33:F

For me, I have found this to be profoundly true. As the OP, I am not playing any games....
this is me being out front.
You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 05:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Berean Study Bible James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Berean Study Bible James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Thank you, I know, right...
or John 14:14, so clear...You may ask me for anything(we know according to His will,haha) in my name,
and I will do it.
One of the few places Jesus says, you can ask 'me'...usually he says to ask the Father.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:37 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
(First let me say, I just love Jeremiah.)

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. 33:F

For me, I have found this to be profoundly true. As the OP, I am not playing any games....
this is me being out front.
You?
It should read; "Call upon me and I will answer you, I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge."

The key is to call upon Him.

Doing so is not straight forward.

How do you call upon Him?

God does not hear sinners.

"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

What do the righteous do that sinners do not?

Old 07-22-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you, I know, right...
or John 14:14, so clear...You may ask me for anything(we know according to His will,haha) in my name,
and I will do it.
One of the few places Jesus says, you can ask 'me'...usually he says to ask the Father.
The key is to ask in His name.

He gives the meaning of what is asked in His name.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It should read; "Call upon me and I will answer you, I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge."

The key is to call upon Him.

Doing so is not straight forward.

How do you call upon Him?

God does not hear sinners.

"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

What do the righteous do that sinners do not?
They don't see anyone including themselves as sinners, they see them and theirselves how God sees them .... created in his image, that image is Jesus Christ.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They don't see anyone including themselves as sinners, they see them and theirselves how God sees them .... created in his image, that image is Jesus Christ.
One can be made in the image of God but God does not see a man. He sees the son when one does what is right and a river of living water runs from the heart.

If the Son frees you and you do only what the Father does you shall truly be free.

"If the Son frees you,you shall truly be free."

" The Son can only do what He sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the Son does likewise for the Father loves the Son and whatever he does He shows him. "

Old 07-22-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
One can be made in the image of God but God does not see a man. He sees the son when one does what is right and a river of living water runs from the heart.

If the Son frees you and you do only what the Father does you shall truly be free.

"If the Son frees you,you shall truly be free."

" The Son can only do what He sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the Son does likewise for the Father loves the Son and whatever he does He shows him. "

Correct, he sees man as himself.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Correct, he sees man as himself.
No.

"It's impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

"I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High."

He only loves the son.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
No.

"It's impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

"I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High."

He only loves the son.
Hey up peacegiver, how are you?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity