Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:39 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
fine do it that way then.
and we will accurately identify Crstns as Crstns. And "Messianic Jews" as evangelical Crstns using deceptive measures and deliberately misrepresenting their product, which is fraud.

fraud
wrongful deception
a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming accomplishments or qualities.
The warning has already been given. Your continued assault on the faith of others in the Holy One of Yisrael is pointless.

As for the rashi character, a rabbinical council can deside for themselves whether or not his teachings should be removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 08:06 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The warning has already been given. Your continued assault on the faith of others ...
and every time you continue to perpetuate the fraud of "quotes" from the fraudulent "Complete Jewish Bible" readers will be shown and told that it is a Crstan resource. Not Jewish. Promoted and published and funded by a Crstan evangelical organization which is criticized even by Crstn leaders for its deceptive, dishonest practices.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:30 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
The warning has already been given. Your continued assault on the faith of others in the Holy One of Yisrael is pointless.

As for the rashi character, a rabbinical council can deside for themselves whether or not his teachings should be removed.
Quote:
and every time you continue to perpetuate the fraud of "quotes" from the fraudulent "Complete Jewish Bible" readers will be shown and told that it is a Crstan resource. Not Jewish. Promoted and published and funded by a Crstan evangelical organization which is criticized even by Crstn leaders for its deceptive, dishonest practices.
Will you two please take your fight elsewhere and stop making my thread your battleground?

Old 01-23-2018, 09:37 AM

692 posts, read 375,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Some two thousand years before the Word became flesh, Abraham met the pre-incarnate Jesus. Jesus Himself refered to this occasion in John 8:56 when He told the Jews to whom He was speaking that Abraham had rejoiced to see His day, and he saw it and was glad.
John 8:56 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
The Jews understood that Jesus meant that He had met Abraham which is why they replied,
John 8:57 So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
To which Jesus then replied,
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
The Lord's appearances to Abraham are mentioned beginning in Genesis chapter 12. Gen. 12:7 says that The LORD (Yhvh) appeared to Abram without stating whether the appearance was in a vision or was bodily. In Genesis 15:1 the word of the LORD appeared to Abram in a vision. The fact that there was an appearance in a vision means that the encounter with 'the word of the LORD' was not a mere auditory experience but was a visual encounter with 'the word of the LORD'.

There are occasions when the Old Testament descriptions of the 'word of the LORD' refer to a physical appearance of God. Jeremiah chapter one is such an example. In Jer. 1:4 Jeremiah says that the word of the LORD came to him, and then in verse 9 he says that the LORD stretched out His hand and touched his mouth. The 'word of the LORD' and the LORD both refer to the same referent. The word of the LORD here is a visible and physical appearance of God to Jeremiah.

And the same was true when the LORD appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre in Genesis 18:1. Here, the LORD (the pre-incarnate Jesus) came to Abraham along with two angels and Abraham prepared a meal for them. This is the same 'word of the LORD' who had earlier appeared to Abram in a vision in Genesis chapter 15 and who Abram addressed in verse 8 as ''Lord GOD'' (Adonay Yhvh).

Abraham in seeing the LORD, in seeing the ''word'' in human form, saw Jesus.
RESPONSE: No. The writer who we call John is writing 65 years after the death of Christ. It is no longer believed that this was the Apostle John. So he wan't a witness. He's just telling story. Another fable????

Old 01-23-2018, 09:50 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: No. The writer who we call John is writing 65 years after the death of Christ. It is no longer believed that this was the Apostle John. So he wan't a witness. He's just telling story. Another fable????
Depends on which scholars you're referring to. Many scholars accept John as the author. Others, even though they may not believe that the apostle John is the disciple whom Jesus loved, recognize that John 21:20-24 states that the disciple whom Jesus loved is the writer of the Gospel of John and therefore is an eyewitness. And then there are those scholars to whom you refer. So again, it depends on which scholars you are referring to. It's dishonest to claim that it is no longer believed either that John was not the author, or that it is no longer believed that John was written by an eyewitness.

Now, kindly keep your incessant attempts to discredit the Bible off of this thread.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Will you two please take your fight elsewhere and stop making my thread your battleground?
i agree mike. it is a totally unnecessary and unpleasant intrusion into the thread and into the forum. How would you Mike communicate to pinacle or anyone else the necessity and importance of not using the fraudulent phrase "Complete Jewish Bible" since that is what the problem is. That is what is causing the disruption.

you get this. most Crstns get this. they use citations that are not fraudulent.
how would you communicate that to one of your brethren?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 01-23-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-23-2018, 01:33 PM

iyov (job)patience and Trust.

"But I know that my Redeemer lives, and the last on earth, He will endure."

Old 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Trust

Genesis 15Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

15 Some time later the word of Adonai came to Avram in a vision:
“Don’t be afraid, Avram. I am your protector; your reward will be very great.”
2 Avram replied, “Adonai, God, what good will your gifts be to me if I continue childless; and Eli‘ezer from Dammesek inherits my possessions? 3 You haven’t given me a child,” Avram continued, “so someone born in my house will be my heir.” 4 But the word of Adonai came to him:
“This man will not be your heir. No, your heir will be a child from your own body.” 5 Then he brought him outside and said,
“Look up at the sky, and count the stars — if you can count them! Your descendants will be that many!” 6 He believed in Adonai, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

(vi) 7 Then he said to him,
“I am Adonai, who brought you out from Ur-Kasdim to give you this land as your possession.”
8 He replied, “Adonai, God, how am I to know that I will possess it?”
9 He answered him,
“Bring me a three-year-old cow, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a dove and a young pigeon.”
10 He brought him all these, cut the animals in two and placed the pieces opposite each other; but he didn’t cut the birds in half. 11 Birds of prey swooped down on the carcasses, but Avram drove them away.
12 As the sun was about to set, a deep sleep fell on Avram; horror and great darkness came over him.
13 Adonai said to Avram,
“Know this for certain: your descendants will be foreigners in a land that is not theirs. They will be slaves and held in oppression there four hundred years. 14 But I will also judge that nation, the one that makes them slaves. Afterwards, they will leave with many possessions. 15
As for you, you will join your ancestors in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16

Only in the fourth generation will your descendants come back here, because only then will the Emori be ripe for punishment.”

17 After the sun had set and there was thick darkness, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch appeared, which passed between these animal parts. 18 That day Adonai made a covenant with Avram:
“I have given this land to your descendants — from the Vadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates River — 19 the territory of the Keni, the K’nizi, the Kadmoni, 20 the Hitti, the P’rizi, the Refa’im, 21 the Emori, the Kena‘ani, the Girgashi and the Y’vusi.”

Matthew 9Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

9 So he stepped into a boat, crossed the lake again and came to his own town. 2 Some people brought him a paralyzed man lying on a mattress. When Yeshua saw their trust, he said to the paralyzed man,

“Courage, son! Your sins are forgiven.”

3 On seeing this, some of the Torah-teachers said among themselves, “This man is blaspheming!”

4 Yeshua, knowing what they were thinking, said,
“Why are you entertaining evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Tell me, which is easier to say — ‘Your sins are forgiven’ or ‘Get up and walk’? 6 But look! I will prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” He then said to the paralyzed man,
“Get up, pick up your mattress, and go home!”

7 And the man got up and went home. 8 When the crowds saw this, they were awestruck and said a b’rakhah to God the Giver of such authority to human beings.
9 As Yeshua passed on from there he spotted a tax-collector named Mattityahu sitting in his collection booth.
He said to him,
“Follow me!”
and he got up and followed him.
10 While Yeshua was in the house eating, many tax-collectors and sinners came and joined him and his talmidim at the meal. 11 When the P’rushimsaw this, they said to his talmidim, “Why does your rabbi eat with tax-collectors and sinners?” 12 But Yeshua heard the question and answered,
“The ones who need a doctor aren’t the healthy but the sick. 13 As for you, go and learn what this means: ‘I want compassion rather than animal-sacrifices.’[a] For I didn’t come to call the ‘righteous,’ but sinners!”
14 Next, Yochanan’s talmidim came to him and asked, “Why is it that we and the P’rushim fast frequently, but your talmidim don’t fast at all?”
15 Yeshua said to them,
“Can wedding guests mourn while the bridegroom is still with them? But the time will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them; then they will fast. 16 No one patches an old coat with a piece of unshrunk cloth, because the patch tears away from the coat and leaves a worse hole. 17 Nor do people put new wine in old wineskins; if they do, the skins burst, the wine spills and the wineskins are ruined. No, they pour new wine into freshly prepared wineskins, and in this way both are preserved.”
Healing wings.

Is this not the fast I will choose? To undo the fetters of wickedness, to untie the bands of perverseness, and to let out the oppressed free, and all perverseness you shall eliminate.
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and moaning poor you shall bring home; when you see a naked one, you shall clothe him, and from your flesh you shall not hide.

8Then your light shall break forth as the dawn, and your healing shall quickly sprout, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall gather you in

Old 01-23-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
...fetters of wickedness...all perverseness you shall eliminate...

regarding wicked and perverse, you continue to perpetuate the fraud of "quotes" from the fraudulent "CJB." That is a Crstan resource, it is not Jewish. CJB is promoted and published and funded by a Crstan evangelical organization, which is criticized even by Crstn leaders for its deceptive, dishonest practices.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
regarding wicked and perverse, you continue to perpetuate the fraud of "quotes" from the fraudulent "CJB." That is a Crstan resource, it is not Jewish. CJB is promoted and published and funded by a Crstan evangelical organization, which is criticized even by Crstn leaders for its deceptive, dishonest practices.
"The Old Testament translation is a paraphrase of the public domain 1917 Jewish Publication Society version. The New Testament section is Dr. Stern's original translation from the ancient Greek." https://www.biblegateway.com/version...wish-Bible-CJB

Got some specific problems of paraphrase, or with the version of the Tanakh cited?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity