Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 10:34 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Salvation is entirely the work of Christ whose redemptive work on the cross accomplished everything that was necessary to make salvation possible. Jesus bore our sins in His own body and was judged for them in our place.
Yes. It is all Jesus. He is NOT the potential Saviour of the world. He IS the Saviour of the world, period. We are justified and sanctified under His perfect love (perfect resonance = Identity with God) or we will reap what we sow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You will reap, what you have sown.
Yes, but we are saved as by fire thanks to Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Well, Jesus makes salvation possible, but we have to make the choice to accept him and salvation through him.
Jesus did NOT make salvation POSSIBLE He ACTUALLY saved us, period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 02:51 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Jesus gives us His 100% so if people ignore the whole 100% or ignore His Holy Spirit then they could be lost to God , as if people ignore His Holy spirit than Jesus gift of salvation could not be delivered to these people ........ If people ignore the gifts of the spirit but take the redemption and His spirit for the fruits of the spirit than they will still be taking 100% of His salvation , but would miss out on the works of Christ........ See if people reject the fruits of the spirit than they can be lost to God , as God`s Spirit know His is His and who is not through the fruits

Old 01-22-2018, 04:50 AM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Salvation is entirely the work of Christ whose redemptive work on the cross accomplished everything that was necessary to make salvation possible. Jesus bore our sins in His own body and was judged for them in our place.

All we have to do is to receive the free gift of eternal life that God offers. We do that by simply trusting in Christ Jesus. Faith in Jesus is the means by which we take possession of that free gift. By placing our faith in Jesus we recognize that we can do nothing to earn or deserve eternal life. God offers eternal life only as a free gift. That gift can be refused or it can be accepted.
I concur. Jesus 100%. Me, nothing.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:35 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes. It is all Jesus. He is NOT the potential Saviour of the world. He IS the Saviour of the world, period. We are justified and sanctified under His perfect love (perfect resonance = Identity with God) or we will reap what we sow.
Yes, but we are saved as by fire thanks to Jesus.
Jesus did NOT make salvation POSSIBLE He ACTUALLY saved us, period!
The fact that Jesus died for our sins, paid the penalty for our sins as our substitute, a fact which you deny by the way, does not automatically save anyone. Christ's redemptive work on the cross removed sin as a barrier, but one must still place their faith in Him before God imputes the perfect righteousness of Christ to that person and imparts eternal life to him.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:46 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,946 times
Quote:

All we have to do is to receive the free gift of eternal life that God offers. We do that by simply trusting in Christ Jesus. Faith in Jesus is the means by which we take possession of that free gift. By placing our faith in Jesus we recognize that we can do nothing to earn or deserve eternal life. God offers eternal life only as a free gift. That gift can be refused or it can be accepted.
You say it's entirely the work of Christ but then you say all we have to do is receive. Kind of like me not opening my present at Christmas? Then it is NOT the work of Christ like you state. Can't have it both ways. My salvation depends upon me reacting to what He presents. If I have any part in my own salvation, I will find a way to ruin it one way or another. I think we all would.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You say it's entirely the work of Christ but then you say all we have to do is receive. Kind of like me not opening my present at Christmas? Then it is NOT the work of Christ like you state. Can't have it both ways. My salvation depends upon me reacting to what He presents. If I have any part in my own salvation, I will find a way to ruin it one way or another. I think we all would.
Jesus did do all the redemptive work which was required in order to make salvation possible. And salvation is offered only as a free gift. But a choice must still be made on your part whether you are going to accept the gift or refuse it. To receive the free gift you must take possession of it. You take possession of it by placing your faith in Christ Jesus. Doing that is not doing anything in terms of redemptive activity which Jesus alone did as He hung on that cross.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
Quote:
The fact that Jesus died for our sins, paid the penalty for our sins as our substitute, a fact which you deny by the way, does not automatically save anyone. Christ's redemptive work on the cross removed sin as a barrier, but one must still place their faith in Him before God imputes the perfect righteousness of Christ to that person and imparts eternal life to him.
I think it’s hilarious how you use the word “fact”.

Don’t think it means what you think it means.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:58 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Jesus did do all the redemptive work which was required in order to make salvation possible. And salvation is offered only as a free gift. But a choice must still be made on your part whether you are going to accept the gift or refuse it. To receive the free gift you must take possession of it. You take possession of it by placing your faith in Christ Jesus. Doing that is not doing anything in terms of redemptive activity which Jesus alone did as He hung on that cross.
Ok, so I'm influenced by reading some Jung..but..what if accepting the gift is accepting yourself? Accepting all of you even your unrighteous side. Love the gift you've already been given which is you. Jesus covers your "unrighteous" side yet people are still worried about proving themselves righteous. I was taught that the unrighteous would be punished so I had to deny my unrighteous side. In accepting that might be the consequences of loving unrighteous me I was freed from the fear of not being everything I was told I needed to be. A it turns out I'm a little bit righteous and I'm a little bit unrighteous: also
He’s a little bit gentle
He’s a little bit running wild
She’s a little bit of full grown woman
She’s a little bit of child
I don’t know if I’m happy or sad
But my music makes me whole
I’m a little bit country
And I’m a little bit rock n roll

Splitting people into groups of righteous and unrighteous is so one dimensional and I've found that's not the way life works anyway.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ok, so I'm influenced by reading some Jung..but..what if accepting the gift is accepting yourself? Accepting all of you even your unrighteous side. Love the gift you've already been given which is you. Jesus covers your "unrighteous" side yet people are still worried about proving themselves righteous. I was taught that the unrighteous would be punished so I had to deny my unrighteous side. In accepting that might be the consequences of loving unrighteous me I was freed from the fear of not being everything I was told I needed to be. A it turns out I'm a little bit righteous and I'm a little bit unrighteous: also
He’s a little bit gentle
He’s a little bit running wild
She’s a little bit of full grown woman
She’s a little bit of child
I don’t know if I’m happy or sad
But my music makes me whole
I’m a little bit country
And I’m a little bit rock n roll

Splitting people into groups of righteous and unrighteous is so one dimensional and I've found that's not the way life works anyway.
Excellent. And I believe that knowing God accepts us just as we are, with no condemnation, allows us to “draw close” to God which goes a long way towards the healing (salvation) we desire. So when Christians, or others, insist that those who do not share their religious beliefs are condemned by God, they are actually “anti-Christ’s”.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Excellent. And I believe that knowing God accepts us just as we are, with no condemnation, allows us to “draw close” to God which goes a long way towards the healing (salvation) we desire. So when Christians, or others, insist that those who do not share their religious beliefs are condemned by God, they are actually “anti-Christ’s”.
That's how it worked for me. Once I felt I was accepted I was free to let go of some nasty little ego defenses I had been using to protect my unrighteous side. I also saw no point in righteous me beating up unrighteous me anymore which had lead to a crap lode of self destructive behavior. I'm still working it out but I know righteous me can be a real ahole so she gets challenged often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity