Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:50 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
A lake of fire appears, in both ancient Egyptian and Christian religion, as a place of after-death destruction of the wicked. The phrase is used in four verses of the Book of Revelation. Such a lake also appears in Plato's Phaedo, explicitly identified with Tartarus, where the souls of the wicked are tormented until it is time for them to be reborn, and where some souls are left forever. The image was also used by the Early Christian Hippolytus of Rome in about the year 200 and has continued to be used by modern Christians. Related is Jewish Gehenna which, among other things, like hell, is a valley near Jerusalem where trash was burned. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_fire

Where is Judaism here?...
You were already shown in post # 6. Try actually reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Young's Literal Translation
much more, then, having been declared righteous now in his blood, we shall be saved through him from the wrath

Romans 5:9 Interlinear: much more, then, having been declared righteous now in his blood, we shall be saved through him from the wrath;
Try John 3:36 granpa. Saved from the wrath of God. And it's in the Greek.
John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God (ἀλλ’ ἡ ὀργὴ τοῦ Θεοῦ) abides on him."

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-27-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 01:20 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
As I already said

Quote:
Doesnt say "of God"

And even if it did I would interpret the phrase wrath of God as meaning Wrath of all which means Wrath of infinity or infinite Wrath.
I don't believe the Bible says what you say it says but if the Bible does say what you say it says then the Bible is full of s***

Old 01-27-2018, 01:23 PM

And I don't believe that God does what you say he does but if God does do what you say he does then God is full of s***

Old 01-27-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Try John 3:36 granpa. Saved from the wrath of God. And it's in the Greek.
John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God (ἀλλ’ ἡ ὀργὴ τοῦ Θεοῦ) abides on him."
Quote:
As I already said

I don't believe the Bible says what you say it says but if the Bible does say what you say it says then the Bible is full of s***
Here you go granpa. In the Greek. Simply click on the link.

John 3:36 Interlinear: he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him.'

And here is John 3:36 in Codex Sinaiticus from the 4th century.

Codex Sinaiticus - See The Manuscript | John |

If you aren't willing to accept what the Bible says, that's your choice.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:34 PM

You don't even read what I write. I clearly said

Quote:
Doesnt say "of God"

And even if it did I would interpret the phrase wrath of God as meaning Wrath of all which means Wrath of infinity or infinite Wrath.
Infinite Wrath is from Satan

Unless you want to insist that the phrase wrath of God must be interpreted literally. Are you a fundamentalist who insists on interpreting everything literally?

Old 01-27-2018, 01:42 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
It is Satan that we are saved from. How would Satan be saved from Satan? Why would Satan need to be saved from Satan?
Some of us humans have become such maniacs that Satan may perhaps need being saved from us.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You don't even read what I write. I clearly said

Infinite Wrath is from Satan

Unless you want to insist that the phrase wrath of God must be interpreted literally. Are you a fundamentalist who insists on interpreting everything literally?
I really don't care what you wrote granpa. I really don't care how you choose to interpret it. John 3:36 says what it says. The wrath of God, which refers to His judgment, remains on all who do not believe in the Son. And that really is all there is to it.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Okay then let me be perfectly clear

You are full of s***
your Bible is full of s***
your God is full of s***

You are all completely full of s***

Old 01-27-2018, 02:24 PM

435 posts, read 250,114 times
Quote:
It is Satan that we are saved from. How would Satan be saved from Satan? Why would Satan need to be saved from Satan?
Satan needs salvation from his sins, just as any other fallen being who is a sinner.

Satan needs salvation from disobedience, rebellion & unbelief, just as fallen human beings do.

Satan needs to die to himself & be filled with the Holy Spirit & Christ, just as we do.

Satan needs salvation from his fallen self, just as humans need salvation from their fallen selves.

Satan needs to believe in His Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ, just as human beings do.

Satan will also need salvation from the torments he will experience in the lake of fire.

Col.1:16 For by Him all was created that are in HEAVEN and that are on EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All was created through Him and for Him.
20 and by Him to reconcile all to Himself, by Him, whether on EARTH or in HEAVEN, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Phil.2:9 As a result God exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee will bow —in heaven and on earth and under the earth— 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once upon the end of the eons hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. (Heb.9:26)

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (Jn.1:29)

When all is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all to Him, so that God may be all in all. (1 Cor.15:28)

Ephesians 1:10 as a plan for the fulness of time, to unite all in him, in heaven and on earth.

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making all new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Rev.21:5a)

John speaks of "every creature" & to emphasize this again he repeats "and all that are in them":

Rev.5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

This worship (v.13) uses the same worshipful words as the redeemed of vs 9-10 use in v.12:

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

All this being in the context of salvation - "the Lamb that was slain" (v.12 & 13).

"If God doesn't save Satan, is it because He can't or doesn't want to?"
"Is anything impossible for the LORD?" (Gen.18:14)

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Luke 1:37
For nothing will be impossible with God."

Romans 4:21
being fully persuaded that God was able to do what He had promised.

Now to the One being able to do exceedingly above all things that we ask or think (Eph.3:20a)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity