Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 1,908 times

Advertisements

Reasons why I could personally never chose to be Catholic:
Baptist prospective

1st of all, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, I feel that as old as the Roman Catholic Church is; it still has not worked out it's kinks.
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV Bible)

I feel like if I'm going to partake congregationally to worship, it is a absolute must that i am 100% comfortable with the Church and its Doctrines, all elements combined.
- Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJV Bible)

It is well known most Baptist have issues with Catholicism because of the Catholic claim of: transubstantiation. Within the ritual of a catholic mass, the pope holds a piece of bread, turns his back, and while his back is turned. Proclaims that it "literally" turns into the physical flesh of Christ.

3rdly, Christ is the head of the Church, There is absolutely no need for a Pope. It is opposite of scriptural and from what Iv heard, Pagan derived.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV Bible)

God Bless you,
I have large hopes that you find a profitable King James Version Only proud and preaching Church near you & find the Bible way to Heaven.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,019 times
thank God and nobody is forcing you to go where you don't want to or believe what you can't so you will indeed be able to be 100 percent comfortable with the church of your choice.

just to be clear it not just the "pope" (every Catholic priest does the very thing at Mass) and he (or they) generally doesn't "turn his back" (as if he was "hiding" something or doing some kind of magic trick or sleight of hand) at the "consecration" prior to sharing the "Lord's Supper", "Eucharist", "Holy Communion" with the rest of the congregation.

that said, may God bless and keep you and lead you to wherever you need to be to love and serve God and your neighbor and worship Him in spirit and in truth.

in the peace of Christ (who believe it or not IS) our common Lord and Savior.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 02-17-2018 at 10:44 PM..

Old 02-17-2018, 11:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
With the perspective of someone who went back to the religious convictions that they were born into this world with as an innocent baby:
1st of all, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, I feel that as old as the Christian Church 2,000y.o. movement is; it still has not worked out it's kinks.
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (King James of England Bibliolatry)

I feel like if I'm going to partake congregationally to worship, it is a absolute must that i am 100% comfortable with the Church and its Doctrines, all elements combined.
- Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJ of England Bible)

It is well known most confessing agnostics have issues with Christianity because of the Christian claim of: we-are-better-than-thou-for-believing. Within the ritual of a Christian Worship-Day, the leader holds a piece of paper, turns his back, and while his back is turned. Proclaims that it is "literally" the word of God into the physical paper.

3rdly, God is the head of Political Heaven, There is absolutely no need for a Christ. It is opposite of good and from what Iv heard, Bibliolatrous and Mythologically derived.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJ of England Bible)

But in terms of a Pope or any Elected Leaders, Secular or Sectarian.

What was the need? Probably the largely uncontrollable sectarian warfare due to petty smaller leaders competing against each other. Wasn't James the leader of Christianity in Jerusalem... wasn't Peter given the keys? Wasn't Paul the leader of Christianity to the Gentiles? These people were as power-hungry (if not more so) than a Pope elected by an influencial group of Christian-leader oligarchs (Bishops and Cardinal Bishops): first among equal brothers.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJamesVersionBibleOnly View Post
Baptist prospective

1st of all, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, I feel that as old as the Roman Catholic Church is; it still has not worked out it's kinks.

It is well known most Baptist have issues with Catholicism because of the Catholic claim of: transubstantiation. Within the ritual of a catholic mass, the pope holds a piece of bread, turns his back, and while his back is turned. Proclaims that it "literally" turns into the physical flesh of Christ.

3rdly, Christ is the head of the Church, There is absolutely no need for a Pope. It is opposite of scriptural and from what Iv heard, Pagan derived.

God Bless you,
I have large hopes that you find a profitable King James Version Only proud and preaching Church near you & find the Bible way to Heaven.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 1,908 times
Bing "transubstantiation" to find the Heresy.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:28 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Bing "transubstantiation" to find the Heresy.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
It's fun to watch new guys come in and start bashing on denominations. Poor guy. Doesn't really understand that Catholicism isn't really big here, and most people would likely join in with him rather than get upset. At least until the thread is closed.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Oh, good. Another self-important person who thinks his Church of What's Happening Now has all the answers and wants to trash the faith of others. He trots out his favorite translation of scripture and uses it like a cudgel to flog other people. Never mind that the KJV, majestic as the prose might be, has its own problems.

I'm not even Catholic, but I know that it is typical in masses for the priest to face the congregation when blessing the host. Good grief. Don't criticize that which you haven't even bothered to understand.

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 02-18-2018 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Baptist prospective

God Bless you,
No one church has all the answers because they were all set up and organized by human beings, but I wouldn't attend a church that believes the Bible is the way to Heaven. The Bible also is written by men. That's idolatry, and we see every day how terribly veering away from God and putting the Bible first distorts the message of Christ.

Ironic that you disparage the Catholic Pope (I am not Catholic myself) yet promote a book named after an English King and translated into a form of language used 400 years ago.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:15 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Born and raised Baptist. Not a shred of doubt in my mind until I was maybe 10 or 11 and I sort of focused in on the monthly or so ceremony with the grape juice and crackers. It was a very solemn affair and I listened to what the preacher was saying very carefully and I just was overwhelmed that the juice and crackers was turned into the body and blood of our lord Jesus. Well, we got back home and I started talking to my mother about what I felt and she became quite harsh and upset that I thought that was what was happening and corrected me. She told me that it was just a symbol and that was that. Well, she did mention that that was what the Catholics believed over there on the other side of town and it was wrong. This happened around 1957 or maybe earlier.

Now I got a question for anyone willing to answer this. Baptists believe in "once saved always saved'. Does this apply the a Baptist who has become Catholic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.