Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Difference between them is that I Can Only Imagine isn't full of heresy.
The difference between you and the 2 movies is the movies "imagine" God to be far more wonderful than you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 02:05 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Difference between them is that I Can Only Imagine isn't full of heresy.
And oldie, but a goodie:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!”
He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! What denomination?”
He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me too!”
“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay. So, does it surprise you that a leader of a violent gang would resort to violence? Sounds like that was a way of life for him.

Ps. I've never had the experience of seeing someone resort to violence when they were told Jesus loved them. Have you?
He didn't assault him until the preacher said "Jesus loves you". That was the trigger.

What you or I have, or have not seen personally is 100% irrelevant.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He didn't assault him until the preacher said "Jesus loves you". That was the trigger.

What you or I have, or have not seen personally is 100% irrelevant.
Okay. Does it surprise you that a leader of a violent gang reacted with violence?

And, what we have personally seen is irrelevant to what?

Old 03-27-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
And oldie, but a goodie:

He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.
I am sure the idea of pushing someone off a bridge warms the cockles of your heart.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Okay. Does it surprise you that a leader of a violent gang reacted with violence?
Why are you pretending you can't comprehend what caused him to react? It makes you look silly.

Do you think would have reacted that way if someone offered him a cigarette? Of course not.

He was offended by what the preacher says: "Jesus loves you".

Old 03-27-2018, 02:26 PM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
I am sure the idea of pushing someone off a bridge warms the cockles of your heart.
What an obnoxious thing to say to her. Nothing whatsoever about Pleroo is deserving of that. She is one of the most even-tempered and level-headed posters on this forum.

You're not a nice person, Finn_Jarber. If that's me being judgmental, so be it. You seem to go out of your way on these forums to misquote and twist people's words and intent. It's ALL you do, and it's old. You never have one positive or upbeat thing to say or anything to create a back-and-forth dialogue, just constant attempts to misdirect valid conversations and start arguments.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 03-27-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Old 03-27-2018, 02:27 PM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
And oldie, but a goodie:

Emo! I remember when he did that during standup.

LOL, but there is so much truth in it.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Why are you pretending you can't comprehend what caused him to react? It makes you look silly.

Do you think would have reacted that way if someone offered him a cigarette? Of course not.

He was offended by what the preacher says: "Jesus loves you".
Why are you pretending you can't comprehend that a violent person is likely to react violently and be offended by all kinds of things?

I've never seen a person react violently to being told that Jesus loves them but if you want to hang your whole worldview on one obviously hurting, wounded and violent person's reaction to something, okay.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
So it's good to offend and expose hypocrisy and self-righteousness? Is that what you're going with?
When hypocrisy and self-righteousness is exposed, it only offends the one committing the offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity