Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 10:05 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Apparently from the God of the Old Testament who came up with the sadistic rules to begin with. Yep, Jesus came to save humankind from God.
Did that require his death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 10:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So the story goes.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because he expressed God that was a million miles from how God is depicted in the OT, it cost him his life. Was it required ? No, could it have been avoided ?, yes if he believed how the Pharisee saw God.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:13 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Many fundamentalists on here have basically said if there is no hell and all are going to be saved why don't we just live how we want, we are going to heaven anyway?.
I think that statement is pretty telling about a person. I've asked them what their belief in God stops them from doing. Only one person admitted they would be out committing murder. The rest pretty much would continue to be who they are with or without the reward/punishment.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
JW, Mormons, SDA (I think). Probably many more. You can see for yourself that your idea of hell isn't matching up with everyone else's. Then there's the problem of the soul if you believe in eternal torment. Where did the soul come from? The thread below illustrates the varied opinions on the soul. The flesh was imperfect as per the Adam story but no what about the soul? If God creates each soul then it couldn't be imperfect and deserving of punishment. It makes more sense that it would return to the creator as the body returns to the dust. If there is no soul created by God then there isn't anything to punish after death. See, it doesn't add up. Why do you care about that anyway?
Mormons believe in three heavens and one hell.

I am not sure if JWs can be considered a Christian denomination.

Why do I care? I care when people pervert the teachings is Christ.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I think that statement is pretty telling about a person. I've asked them what their belief in God stops them from doing. Only one person admitted they would be out committing murder. The rest pretty much would continue to be who they are with or without the reward/punishment.
The funny thing is Jesus did not teach stop sinning(missing the mark or else), he taught this is the way of life where any burden you will have will be light. Why would they forsake love joy and peace because there is no hell?, the answer is they have never experienced it, if they had they'd never say "if all are going to heaven anyway, why don't we just live how we want.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Re the bolded: Some people get their jollies picturing other people suffering.
Careful, some people like MightyQueen get very upset when you say such things.

Oh wait, you were one of the people getting upset

Old 04-01-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The funny thing is Jesus did not teach stop sinning(missing the mark or else), he taught this is the way of life where any burden you will have will be light. Why would they forsake love joy and peace because there is no hell?, the answer is they have never experienced it, if they had they'd never say "if all are going to heaven anyway, why don't we just live how we want.
That how I see it too. It shouldn't be a burdensome restriction but freedom.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mormons believe in three heavens and one hell.

I am not sure if JWs can be considered a Christian denomination.

Why do I care? I care when people pervert the teachings is Christ.
I'm pretty sure Christ can take care of Himself. Worry if you're perverting teachings or not.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Christ can take care of Himself. Worry if you're perverting teachings or not.
Jesus asked us to spread His message.

Of course you are free to worry, or not worry about anything you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity