Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 05:32 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jesus came to seek the lost and perished, resurrection is raising the dead. That is where the doctrine of eternal hell comes from because people think that the kingdom of God is eternal heaven. The life offered is life in the age which never ends.

The kingdom of God is not going to heaven it is about Christ reigning ON EARTH until all is reconciled to God.
So when a believer physically dies, what happens to him/her? Stay in the grave (temporarily)?

When you say “reigning ON EARTH”, are you speaking of the New Jerusalem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 05:49 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The scripture say come boldly to the throne of grace... Do you do this and if so do you go up in the sky to it ?.

Its not how you think--Jesus returns to earth at Har-mageddon. He rids Gods earth of the wicked( mislead) and wicked things, Captures satan and his angels and abysses them for 1000 years, Gods kingdom rule over all creation begins anew--No matter where one stands- earth, the moon, heaven. Gods kingdom is the only remaining ruling power,( Daniel 2:44) all will stand before the throne of that kingdom no matter where they stand. Not all go to heaven-Rev 14:3-- = the little flock( Luke 12:32) The great multitude will stand before the throne on earth--Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:9-11,29-Prov 2:21-22,, Matt 24:22)-- The new earth = Gods kingdom in full control, no more satan influences. Earth transformed into an Eden( paradise) during the 1000 year reign. Loved ones resurrected.
Some teach a false Jesus. They cannot find the throne in that one.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its not how you think--Jesus returns to earth at Har-mageddon. He rids Gods earth of the wicked( mislead) and wicked things, Captures satan and his angels and abysses them for 1000 years, Gods kingdom rule over all creation begins anew--No matter where one stands- earth, the moon, heaven. Gods kingdom is the only remaining ruling power,( Daniel 2:44) all will stand before the throne of that kingdom no matter where they stand. Not all go to heaven-Rev 14:3-- = the little flock( Luke 12:32) The great multitude will stand before the throne on earth--Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:9-11,29-Prov 2:21-22,, Matt 24:22)-- The new earth = Gods kingdom in full control, no more satan influences. Earth transformed into an Eden( paradise) during the 1000 year reign. Loved ones resurrected.
Some teach a false Jesus. They cannot find the throne in that one.
My question to you was...... Where is the throne of Grace that the scriptures beckon you to boldly approach?, i

Old 04-30-2018, 06:25 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Not Judaism, it is not about religion but about righteousness

The feasts, jubilees show the times and seasons and are not to be worshipped or used in worship, like we are not to worship the sun, moon, stars.

The nation needs to be born again to accomplish Gods purpose of all in all.

Things will develop, as an individual my purpose is to love my neighbour as myself.
That is what Pagan Christians say while defending their Babylonian Holy days, traditions and rituals. The first Gentiles rejected all their former pagan ways, you think Jesus came teaching lawlessness and Pagan holy days?

Converts CONVERT.

Paul said that the feasts are a shadow of things to come and that we are to keep the feasts in truth and in spirit, but tell me, how are you going to keep them in truth and in spirit when you reject the sacrifices of Christ? How are you going to keep the Passover in Truth or even witness Christ as your Passover lamb when you reject the whole idea of any of the sacrifices of Christ?
You only say that you believe in Jesus, but your hands prove that you don't.

It's alright to keep ALL the Babylonian Holy days and ALL their traditions as long as you don't sin in keeping the ways of God isn't it? It is righteous for you to keep Babylonian ways that teach of Tammuz, but a sin if you keep the holy days of God.

Again, we were told about this apostasy in many places and Jesus TOLD us of the lawlessness to come, of the falling away from the word of God where people ACTUALLY stand against everything called of God or that is worshipped of God. Tell me, what year was it when Christianity stopped keeping Passover and the feast of Tabernacles, to then accept the pagan ways of Rome and Babylon? Do you know what year it was when Gentiles abandoned the covenant Christ made with Gentiles and Jew?

All you do is insert yourself into the New Testament, you insert your religion into the New Testament when IN FACT, your religion didn't exist until 100 years after Christ, until Gentiles fell away from loving the religion of God and became lawless and pagan.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, so tell me, what year was it when Christians went back to their former pagan ways to then outlaw the ways of God?

Jesus brought a covenant tp make the Jew and the Gentile one, does it look like you are in the same religion as the Jews are in? Does it appear to you that you are in God's religion when you wont even accept or keep his own worship system?

How so?

Why do you assume to be under a covenant Jesus brought to the Jew and the Gentile who becomes one with the Jews?

HOW?

Old 04-30-2018, 06:36 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
What year was it when Gentile converts of Judaism went back to their former pagan ways?

Jesus didn't bring lawlessness teaching Gentiles the ways of Babylon INSTEAD of the ways of God, so what year was it when Gentiles STOPPED getting betrothed to a Jew? And that is exactly what it is, Gentiles came betrothing themselves to become one with a Jew in a Marriage, but then, the church made sure that no more Gentiles were joining Jews in a covenant where the Gentile marries a Jew under a betrothal to redeem them into Israel. Christianity is no longer under the covenant married to a Jew, to say otherwise is foolishness.

When did Gentiles convert back to their former pagan ways? After the Jewish war when the world hated Jews? 325 A.D. when God's word was outlawed? What year was it when Gentiles NO LONGER betrothed themselves to Jews?

What year?

After how many decades?

Old 04-30-2018, 08:03 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,260,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is what Pagan Christians say while defending their Babylonian Holy days, traditions and rituals. The first Gentiles rejected all their former pagan ways, you think Jesus came teaching lawlessness and Pagan holy days?

Converts CONVERT.

Paul said that the feasts are a shadow of things to come and that we are to keep the feasts in truth and in spirit, but tell me, how are you going to keep them in truth and in spirit when you reject the sacrifices of Christ? How are you going to keep the Passover in Truth or even witness Christ as your Passover lamb when you reject the whole idea of any of the sacrifices of Christ?
You only say that you believe in Jesus, but your hands prove that you don't.

It's alright to keep ALL the Babylonian Holy days and ALL their traditions as long as you don't sin in keeping the ways of God isn't it? It is righteous for you to keep Babylonian ways that teach of Tammuz, but a sin if you keep the holy days of God.

Again, we were told about this apostasy in many places and Jesus TOLD us of the lawlessness to come, of the falling away from the word of God where people ACTUALLY stand against everything called of God or that is worshipped of God. Tell me, what year was it when Christianity stopped keeping Passover and the feast of Tabernacles, to then accept the pagan ways of Rome and Babylon? Do you know what year it was when Gentiles abandoned the covenant Christ made with Gentiles and Jew?

All you do is insert yourself into the New Testament, you insert your religion into the New Testament when IN FACT, your religion didn't exist until 100 years after Christ, until Gentiles fell away from loving the religion of God and became lawless and pagan.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, so tell me, what year was it when Christians went back to their former pagan ways to then outlaw the ways of God?

Jesus brought a covenant tp make the Jew and the Gentile one, does it look like you are in the same religion as the Jews are in? Does it appear to you that you are in God's religion when you wont even accept or keep his own worship system?

How so?

Why do you assume to be under a covenant Jesus brought to the Jew and the Gentile who becomes one with the Jews?

HOW?
You bring out some interesting points. Soon after Jesus appeared to the disciples assuring them of his existence, they began preaching. There were problems and the apostles and writers wrote about them to an extent. They pointed out difficulties. So when a person reads these things, they must also take into account how it affects them and their religious association.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Lol, There is nothing incorrect about the quote.

The man who has a certain religious belief and fears to discuss it, lest it may be proved wrong, is not loyal to his belief, he has but a coward's faithfulness to his prejudices. If he were a lover of truth, he would be willing at any moment to surrender his belief for a higher, better, and truer faith.

William George Jordan

You have proven this yourself on this thread. You asked for your question to be answered it was and you were asked to answer a question put to you, you refused, i pulled all our posts up to show that you haven't, yet you still claim you answered the question.You are not a lover of truth, you are a lover of the doctrines of men.
it was not answered.

I put conditions on me answering your question. You have not fulfilled the condition.

You are a lover of your made up, unBibliical doctrines.

That makes you a lover of the doctrines of a man

Old 05-01-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
it was not answered.

I put conditions on me answering your question. You have not fulfilled the condition.

You would not answer the question if i gave you a 1000 years to answer it, you are simply a fraud who sees that you don't have scriptural support for the existence and purpose of eternal hell, YET because you love darkness over light you choose to still believe it.

I answered it. I told you as far as i am concerned there is no evidence, and that to hold the thought of eternal hell in the light of Jesus Christ the thought is preposterous.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
it was not answered.

Better still tell me your conditions..... Ohi see.... You will not take it has being answered unless there is at least bible verse support for it(Something you are clearly not willing to do yourself), the fact that you are not willing to answer a question, regardless says so much about you, it is exactly how you condemners of the world would expect to act........Whatever happened to reasoning together ?. Listen, for every wrongly translated word for hell you find in your bible, the Universal Reconcilation folk have a correctly translated verse of scripture that trumps yours.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:39 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
My question to you was...... Where is the throne of Grace that the scriptures beckon you to boldly approach?, i

The bible is clear--it is in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity