Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Until you live in a time (which will never) when you risk your very life just declaring your faith, shut the hell up about being persecuted, seriously. American Christians are the most coddled on earth.
I would say for the American Christian personal difference becomes prejudice and prejudice becomes persecution. It's as mythic and ridiculous as transubstantiation.

Hey that's a good one - I'm gonna post that in the Quote of the day thread. Weeeee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 04:45 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,848,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, the drama. People are saying that Christian privilege is bad? Guess what: It is.

I did like this bit, though:

Well, here's the deal: Evangelicals have fallen over their own feet to associate with Trump, a guy who pretty much embodies every one of the seven mortal sins. And then you have the nerve to decry that people are no longer viewing you as a group with some sort of inherent moral authority? You gave that up for the chance to associate with power.
Who should I have voted for?

Old 05-07-2018, 04:46 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,616,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian? | Fox News

"In college, they now teach about the evils of “Christian Privilege.” On Broadway and in theaters around the world, mocking Christians has become a massively profitable money-making venture.
In name, on the crucifix, and in art, Jesus Christ is desecrated in the most twisted and obscene of ways. In movies, on television and online, Christians are portrayed in the most dishonest, prejudiced and insulting of ways.
Across the country, Christian colleges are under constant assault from “social justice warriors” seeking to strip their accreditation and put them out of business.
Christian groups on campus are at times being persecuted, their offices and handouts vandalized, with members even being physically assaulted."
Coming from parents who were truly persecuted in wartime Europe, you don't have a clue what "persecution" is. What a disgrace to even suggest that the majority religion is persecuted. You have no shame!

Old 05-07-2018, 05:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Coming from parents who were truly persecuted in wartime Europe, you don't have a clue what "persecution" is. What a disgrace to even suggest that the majority religion is persecuted. You have no shame!
Shame requires courage and honest self-reflection.

Qualities fundies lack.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:20 PM

47,031 posts, read 26,143,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If your principles were truly important to you and you couldn't support either candidate? Abstain. Better yet, get active within your preferred party and get a more palatable candidate.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,848,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If your principles were truly important to you and you couldn't support either candidate? Abstain. Better yet, get active within your preferred party and get a more palatable candidate.
I wonder how many Christians abstained in ‘92/‘96.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:33 PM

15,929 posts, read 6,387,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You can tell a Muslim by his love for Mohammad [pbuh],
You can tell a Jew by his love of Torah [God's law revealed],
You can tell a Christian by his love of Jesus [God in the flesh],
and you can tell an atheist....

But you can't tell him much.

The fool has said in his heart there is no God. - Psalm 14:1

"...'as I live!' declares the Lord God,
'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live.
Turn back, turn back from your evil ways!
Why then will you die..
." - Ezekiel 33:11

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
OK Now I get it Duh...I should have seen that one coming.

I keep correcting Christian posters on this forum as to what it means to say atheist only to have them restate what they've already incorrectly said. Seriously, it's like it's a big deal for them to adjust their understanding of a simple word. That scripture is why. It's so a person can dismiss the atheist conclusion as foolish.

Once again, (as long as I'm here) atheist means a person does not see enough evidence to declare there is a sentient creator. That's not the same as saying there isn't one. I'm sure there are some atheists that may go so far as to say "There is no God" but most don't see the point to making such as statement.

edit: I also noticed in the OP link the guy was insistent on calling atheism a religion. Upon reading that article again it seems he did that so he could cast the atheists in the role of Pharisees which is just weird if a person knows the story.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:40 PM

15,929 posts, read 6,387,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It's OK 'Murica...we still love you.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:56 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,560,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Tell that to the person who wrote the article. Don't kill the messenger.

You might ask people who were persecuted how it all started. Just like this soft persecution that kept escalating.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:00 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,616,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Tell that to the person who wrote the article. Don't kill the messenger.

You might ask people who were persecuted how it all started. Just like this soft persecution that kept escalating.
Are you being disingenuous?

You had a reason and a purpose for posting that link. What was it. Honestly, what was it, as a Christian, what was your real reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity