Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:00 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,373,605 times

Advertisements

Revelation 11:18

The nations were filled with wrath, but now the time of your wrath has come. It is time to judge the dead and reward your servants the prophets, as well as your holy people, and all who fear your name, from the least to the greatest. It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth.

Fifty percent of the ocean's coral reefs have been destroyed in the past 30 years. Many species of animals are currently going extinct. The Pacific ocean has so much plastic in it it affects every species of fish. We have CO2 levels in our atmosphere that are literally off the charts, higher than levels that go back 800,000 years. I could go on and on....but what does the bible say? I personally believe in a Divine intervention myself. No human movement will be powerful enough to unseat those .1% who control the world's wealth. Only God can unseat them now.

Most verses that describe the second coming tell us that the old establishment is not willing to go peacefully. The nations mourn when He comes again when every eye shall see Him.

How often I heard from my mother growing up and hear it all the time today...Oh,cheer up, it's not the end of the world. We also call the last day doomsday. When that day comes, when the rock is lifted, the light will beam down and most will scatter or die of a heart attack. I believe it will be the meek, the poor of spirit, the humble that will be able to survive the Day of the Lord. I just think before this happens there will be an abundance of signs and aren't we seeing these already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 07:19 AM

1,196 posts, read 759,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
How often I heard from my mother growing up and hear it all the time today...Oh,cheer up, it's not the end of the world. We also call the last day doomsday. When that day comes, when the rock is lifted, the light will beam down and most will scatter or die of a heart attack. I believe it will be the meek, the poor of spirit, the humble that will be able to survive the Day of the Lord. I just think before this happens there will be an abundance of signs and aren't we seeing these already?
Jesus told us what to look for concerning the beginning of the End ,(Matt. 24:3-14). the Jesus in verses 13 and 14...("But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come"). just like in the days of Noah, the one ones who will survive the end of satan's wicked system. will be those did just as Noah and his family did, the "WILL" of Jehovah God, Jesus Father. and these are Jesus words ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace

Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Chicken Little.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Chicken Little.
The common theme in previous extinctions were high CO2 levels. We have levels even higher today. But even more important is the damage we cause. Even if I am wrong, you have to admit we have a rape the environment mentality, do anything at all if it is profitable. I'm saying we need an intervention and believe we're gong to get one. God is dethroning satan from this kingdom. The Lion Himself is going to do it, not any environmentalist group or occupy Wallstreet group. This is too big a deal, God will not allow man to destroy Earth, ever.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:59 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,722,692 times
There is no question that the Oceans are dying and obviously that will cause massive extinction and death on a grand scale. It makes me sad, but it is the result of the history of sinful humanity. We are all guilty to some extent - some more abusive of the environment than others. I am thankful I believe there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:04 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,722,692 times
Quote:
The common theme in previous extinctions were high CO2 levels. We have levels even higher today. But even more important is the damage we cause. Even if I am wrong, you have to admit we have a rape the environment mentality, do anything at all if it is profitable. I'm saying we need an intervention and believe we're gong to get one. God is dethroning satan from this kingdom. The Lion Himself is going to do it, not any environmentalist group or occupy Wallstreet group. This is too big a deal, God will not allow man to destroy Earth, ever.
It is not so much that Earth will be destroyed, but all the diverse life systems and beauty of creation are being destroyed. The earth would continue spinning even if everything was dead, I reckon until such time as the Sun could possibly melt the earth down in 2.8 Billion years - give or take a few.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It is not so much that Earth will be destroyed, but all the diverse life systems and beauty of creation are being destroyed. The earth would continue spinning even if everything was dead, I reckon until such time as the Sun could possibly melt the earth down in 2.8 Billion years - give or take a few.
I know the Earth won't literally be destroyed, my point is what you also said..all the diverse life systems and beauty of creation are being destroyed. Ain't gonna happen though.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
The "rape the earth" mentality you speak of may be prevalent in the US of A, but contrary to Yankee beliefs, the "earth" extends beyond their borders.

Not every nation appoints a moron to head its Environmental Protection Agency. Some citizens of the planet take "greening" seriously.

Don't make the same mistake Yankees have been making since 1776, thinking they're the centre of the universe.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:05 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,035,026 times
Many of the practical problems could be solved - it's just that they're not on the agenda, and certainly not at the top. World financial conquest, domination of people groups, and rape of global resources seems to be the order of the day - the race to the top is the simultaneous race to the bottom, ...and it's all controlled by finance, intentionally - the debt based society, and a narrative of lies to perpetuate it.

The millennial kingdom indicates a reversal of the decline - a reversal of the law of sin and death, i.e. people will begin to live longer. We are however waiting to see the acceleration of the outworking of that, and what part we can individually play in it.

I personally think one of the hallmarks, and it's starting now, in the earth, will be a return to veganism i.e. "I give you every seed bearing plant for food", in Genesis. Not simply because of the horrors of animal welfare and slaughter, but by faith, because the vegan diet is actually healthier for you. I've not cracked it fully myself yet - my family are slowly gong that way - but since I learned that most chicken goes from egg to plate in 40 days, I've noticed how utterly tasteless it is.

As per veganism, the change has to come from subjects and matters where there can be an organic groundswell of action by the common people - things that affect them, and they have a choice about what they do on a daily basis. We all have to pick the battles we need to fight, to win - they may be manifest externally, but they start internally.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The "rape the earth" mentality you speak of may be prevalent in the US of A, but contrary to Yankee beliefs, the "earth" extends beyond their borders.

Not every nation appoints a moron to head its Environmental Protection Agency. Some citizens of the planet take "greening" seriously.

Don't make the same mistake Yankees have been making since 1776, thinking they're the centre of the universe.
Really? Can you say the same about China? How about Russia? The USA is hardly alone. As far as being an American? We were (not sure about now) indeed the centre of the universe my friend. No other country in history (good and/or bad) have influenced this planet as much as Americans. Not bragging. Not a patriot either because I believe patriotism is the last refuge for scoundrels but facts speak for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity