Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:05 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It looks like a flaw to me. What part of salvation relies on us? Even belief is a condition. Some people have seemed to have taken that even further into the right belief. My sect says "you have to put yourself in line with salvation". It seems to me that if a person truly has trust in Christ then salvation is already a done deal no matter what a person believes.
Trust in Christ is exactly what I’m talking about! Why are you trying to make it about something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:08 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Trust in Christ is exactly what I’m talking about! Why are you trying to make it about something else?
Miscommunication:

Quote:
You are wrong about what I believe and what my church teaches. We teach that Jesus died for our sins, to reunite us to God. When we understand that, repent and believe in His redemptive work, we are saved for eternity. Then, we should regularly worship, study scripture, pray, strive to live uprightly and use our talents to serve God.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Miscommunication:
What’s the difference? What does trust in Christ mean to you?

Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
What’s the difference? What does trust in Christ mean to you?
Like I said, I'm no authority on words but this is my POV on it.

Quote:
I'm no wordsmith but to me trust is a feeling that comes from the heart and belief comes from the mind. You said you loved Jesus (and maybe trusted Him) when you were a kid but then someone started messing with your mind and telling you contradicting beliefs. Trust isn't an intellectual exercise but I supposed belief can be. Love isn't an intellectual pursuit either.
What does trust in Christ mean to me? It means He took care of our salvation so let's move up to the next level and stop spending time on worrying about how all that is going to turn out.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I'm no authority on words but this is my POV on it.

What does trust in Christ mean to me? It means He took care of our salvation so let's move up to the next level and stop spending time on worrying about how all that is going to turn out.
I don’t see how that conflicts with my answer, unless you’re promoting Universal Salvation.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are not focused on it. The Pro-Abortion and and Pro-Gay people make most of the noise. Even here on CD, by far most of the discussions about those topics are started by those who oppose the Christian view on them.
Actually the terms are pro-freedom, pro-choice and pro-equality, not pro-abortion and pro-gay.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I don’t see how that conflicts with my answer, unless you’re promoting Universal Salvation.
Your right that I don't think trust or belief has anything to do with salvation so I guess that means universalism. I trust Christ will not lose any of His. You are making it a condition of salvation. I think the people who actually trust in Christ will be free from fear and can move onto other things while those who merely believe will be stuck still trying to work out their salvation or that of others.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:47 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
It looks like a flaw to me. What part of salvation relies on us? Even belief is a condition. Some people have seemed to have taken that even further into the right belief. My sect says "you have to put yourself in line with salvation". It seems to me that if a person truly has trust in Christ then salvation is already a done deal no matter what a person believes.
Amen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's a great observation. Putting trust in Christ is separate from belief.
Putting trust in Christ is ALL that Faith in Christ is about NOT believing any specific set of "precepts and doctrines of men." Just have Faith that Jesus did what He said He did and we are reconciled with God who loves us, is NOT counting our sins against us, and just wants us to love one another every day and repent when we don't.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Actually the terms are pro-freedom, pro-choice and pro-equality, not pro-abortion and pro-gay.
Yeah, because the truth hurts.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
You’re right that I don't think trust or belief has anything to do with salvation so I guess that means universalism. I trust Christ will not lose any of His. You are making it a condition of salvation. I think the people who actually trust in Christ will be free from fear and can move onto other things while those who merely believe will be stuck still trying to work out their salvation or that of others.
Here’s why I think you’re wrong about belief not being a condition.

Heb. 11:6

Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I do NOT beleve in UR. Way too many scriptures say otherwise.

Yes, those who trust in Christ need not fear-their future is secure in Him. All others remain under condemnation (original sin). See John 3.

*I still don’t understand your dfference between trusting and belief. In addition, what sbout people who have neither?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity