Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Day is "The Lords Day"?
Sunday 7 36.84%
Saturday 2 10.53%
Bibical Feast Day 0 0%
None 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:06 PM

525 posts, read 345,138 times

Advertisements

MysticPhD,
re: "...whenever we are in the Spirit we are making that Day the Lord's Day."

So any day that we're not in the Spirit is not a Lord's Day. Which means your statement that every day IS the Lord's Day is incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 02:10 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
MysticPhD,
So any day that we're not in the Spirit is not a Lord's Day. Which means your statement that every day IS the Lord's Day is incorrect.
We don't make it the Lord's Day. We do not decide. We either get in the Spirit or not, but it is always the Lord's Day because He is always with us.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:21 PM

525 posts, read 345,138 times
MysticPhD,

re: "We don't make it the Lord's Day."

Your 2 statements are contradictory.

Last edited by rstrats; 05-18-2018 at 03:40 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 03:35 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We don't make it the Lord's Day. We do not decide. We either get in the Spirit or not, but it is always the Lord's Day because He is always with us.
I find the Lord's Day of Revelation 1:10 is the ' day ' or time period when Revelation is being fulfilled.
So, the Lord's Day is our day or time frame when Jesus will come at the coming glory time of Matthew 25:31-33.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,824,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Colossians 2:16-23 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
The 'sabbath days' spoken of here is referring to the annual sabbaths contained in the ordinances.

Quote:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
"Which are a shadow of things to come." What 'things' ...? Whatever they are they had not yet come at the time of Paul's writing. What is it that was 'yet to come'?

Quote:
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
It really does appear to be true that one can apply parts of the Bible to suit their own particular doctrine. The above scripture from Colossians (the contents of a letter written by the quill of Paul and not by the finger of God) is referring to the 'ordinances' (some 7000+ of them) and NOT any of the ten commandments given at Mt. Sinai.

And, even the ordinances are referenced in Numbers 15:15 as being for both the Jew AND the Gentile for all time.

15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the foreigner residing among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the foreigner shall be the same before the Lord:

Anyway, there would not have been the slightest chance that Paul or anyone else would have changed one jot or tittle from the Ten Commandments. The 'Christianity' of today is made up of partial Bible and partial 'the doctrines of men'.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:45 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Anyway, there would not have been the slightest chance that Paul or anyone else would have changed one jot or tittle from the Ten Commandments. The 'Christianity' of today is made up of partial Bible and partial 'the doctrines of men'.
Don't forget besides the Ten there is a number 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 up to 600 plus commands.
The first ten were just part of over 600 laws.
Not Christianity but Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ) that is doctrines of men - Matt. 15:9
Jesus warned MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false at Matt. 7:21-23.
So, it is Not the first-century teaching of Christ that is made up, but the traditions or customs of Christendom.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
MysticPhD,
re: "We don't make it the Lord's Day."
Your 2 statements are contradictory.
Are you enjoying the nitpicking? The ACT of getting in the Spirit makes it the Lord's Day, but WE are not deciding that it is the Lord's Day. We are just deciding to get in the Spirit. Bottom line, it is irrelevant what WE do because the Lord is ALWAYS with us so it is always the Lord's Day even if we ignore it.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find the Lord's Day of Revelation 1:10 is the ' day ' or time period when Revelation is being fulfilled.
So, the Lord's Day is our day or time frame when Jesus will come at the coming glory time of Matthew 25:31-33.
That is because you reject the New Covenant and the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth that God has"written in our hearts." You are still waiting for Jesus, but He came on Pentecost and has abided with us ever since.

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
Quote:

Old 05-19-2018, 04:35 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
I agree entirely Mystic, we are in the Lord's Day when we are in the Spirit of it, by that i mean partaking in the wonder of it as we do when we rise in the morning and see feel the wonder of a brand new day dawning and announce to ourselves this is the day that the Lord has made. Early in the morning my song shall rise to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity