Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 10:19 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times

Advertisements

truth is that I'm in his household and he took me on trials/ trails and lessons, some about healing some about forgiveness .. some about deliverence.. .. and asked me each step of the way .. never violating my will.
Except in one matter. even then he asked me " can you trust for it ? " but my head was willing my emotions were not willing.... because the Father knew who he created me to be and Father knew the out come.. so though my head did not know my own heart . it seems that the Father did and the word did know the outcome .. so for awhile it appeared as if it was against my will at first , but it wasn't against my hearts desires.
that is what being in the Father household means giving him the right to fulfill our hearts deepest desires.. even when we can't see it or don't understand it or emotionally cant find it.. .
but He will only push that hard on those in his household who know he is Good and who KNow He is Love and who know his Word .
Love is his invention.. it is his creation, it is His definition .
but your right he will not violate anyones will.
unless they have given him the right to that will.
even then he asks.
but he does not have to if we have signed on the dotted line in his blood...

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-16-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 10:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
anything that usurps their rights.
but he will not do that unless they are in his household and have given him their rights.
Jonah had, but Ninevah hadn't . Jonah was protected by God. he sure didn't feel protected at that moment.
NOW NINavah they
they still had a will that to be exercised, and he put them in a position where they had to exercise their will. it was still about their choices . their choices got them there against that wall and their choices was the only thing that could get them out of being backed against that wall. that is the power of repentance..

and that walls name is death and judgement.
they had been playing a game of Sin with death and with the hell between their ears.. and the walls was there waiting .
in his mercy he scared the poop out of them first so that they saw they were not immortals.. they were not mini gods either. and they could not save themselves or anyone. then he offered them a choice of their will.
Is God usurping the rights of the unrighteous when the sun shines on the unrighteous ?. Do the unrighteous resist that sunshine, shake their fists towards heaven and shout “Hey big man in the skies what the hell you playing at causing the sun to shine on us? . When you turn your back on the grace of God, it shines on your back. Of cause all this is to nonsense to you, to good to be true, to wonderful to comprehend that God is not how you have imagined him to be .

I’m here on a daily basis proclaiming that God is always greater than the Bible fundamentalist believes and could ever know.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
START QUOTE:

"I’d like to see if anyone can find fault with these verses and the logic behind them in proving, through biblical texts, that hell absolutely must be temporary and for the purpose of saving everyone. I’m just trying to test my arguments so I can refine them and toss out any that are no good. I need to find the chinks in the armor since I’ll eventually write a book on this subject.

The Bible has a few verses that describe God’s nature. I wouldn’t call this proof-texting because these are about God’s nature, which is always the same no matter what the context.

1 - …for God all things are possible (in reference to saving mankind). (Matt 19:26)
2 - …he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. (2 Pet 3:9)
3 - The LORD does whatever pleases him in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all its deep regions. (Ps 135:6)
4 - For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him. (Phil 2:13)
5 - A man chooses in his heart, but the LORD directs his steps. (Pro 16:9)

Let’s take this step-by-step:

We’re told that God’s will is that none perish but that all come to repentance (ie. - turn from their sinful ways). (2 Pet 3:9)

Then we’re told that He does all His pleasure in heaven and on earth, in the seas and its deep regions (a figurative saying meant to show that He controls every little thing that happens everywhere). (Ps 135:6)

And we find that for God, ALL things are possible (and in that verse, it’s specifically talking about saving men’s souls). (Matt 19:26)

Then we’re told that He produces in us both the desire and the ability to do what pleases Him. (Phil 2:13)

And finally, Proverbs tells us, “A man chooses in his heart, but the LORD directs his steps.” (Pro 16:9)

In short, if you believe all of those verses are accurate about Him, it means He absolutely must save all of mankind or the Bible is inaccurate about His nature, and He is not truly “Love” as the Bible says. Why would He go against His stated will and make people suffer in Hell forever (perish) when we’re told by Him (Jesus, specifically) that He can do all things (specifically, save someone whom it seems is impossible to save)? Is He just choosing not to save everyone for kicks and giggles? Does He make people suffer for eternity in hell to “show His glory,” as the Calvinist says, which makes absolutely zero sense being that it shows exactly the opposite? I really don’t think so. I think eternal hell doctrine completely destroys the integrity of the Bible and God’s character.

Is there any way to disprove that argument, or is that a pretty sound argument to prove that hell cannot be eternal and that God saves everyone?"

END QUOTE

John 17:12
- "While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Judas perished.

Judas perished NOT because Jesus was not able to guard him... he perished in order to fulfill the Scriptures. Translation: It was the Father's will.

What that means is that the Father's will, as described in the Scriptures, is the arbiter of the issue. Passages in Matthew 25 and Revelation 20 and others clearly indicate God's plan for some to perish.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:59 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Nonsense! The last enemy to be DESTROYED is death. As for the Lake of Fire which radiates with theion/ Divinity, ask our Father to open your eyes

Jesus taught truth---Those walking the broad and spacious path will be destroyed. What don't your teachers understand about that reality? Instead teach a sadist God who throws justice( Deut 32:4) out the window and condemns one to never ending suffering for 70-100 years of unrepented sin. A sadist--The true living God, whom your teachers do not know is LOVE.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Nonsense! The last enemy to be DESTROYED is death. As for the Lake of Fire which radiates with theion/ Divinity, ask our Father to open your eyes

The lake of Fire = the 2nd death= permanent death--The bible clearly teaches--all thought stops on the day of ones death. So if one is dead, they wont even know where they are.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The lake of Fire = the 2nd death= permanent death--The bible clearly teaches--all thought stops on the day of ones death. So if one is dead, they wont even know where they are.
So, you do not believe that ALL will be called forth from the grave?

And the lake of fire is a safe harbor to cleanse those who need it.
It's the end of death and the evil or wicked thoughts of men.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:33 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
I just love how the Bible "clearly" teaches regarding all thought stopping on the day of ones death. Evidently St. Paul was incorrect, not to mention the apostle who leaned upon the bosom of Christ. But there is no such such animal as "permanent death". All death is destroyed..."the last enemy to be destroyed is death".

Old 05-16-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Jesus taught truth
No friend, the Lord of Glory is truth...I am the way, the truth, the life, nobody comes to the Father, but by Me.

I believe what Jesus the Christ said regarding His drawing power. "And if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all mankind unto Me"

draw=

"I will draw all mankind unto Myself"

The primary definition of the word 'draw' in Greek "helkuo" is to literally draw, drag off forcefully, impel, pull with power.

“Annihilation is the triumph of death over life: it is the very antithesis to the gospel, which asserts the triumph of Christ over every form of death.” -Christ Triumphant-

Old 05-16-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I just love how the Bible "clearly" teaches regarding all thought stopping on the day of ones death. Evidently St. Paul was incorrect, not to mention the apostle who leaned upon the bosom of Christ. But there is no such such animal as "permanent death". All death is destroyed..."the last enemy to be destroyed is death".
"The last enemy being progressively brought down to idleness (made unemployed and ineffective; rendered useless and unproductive; nullified; abolished) [is] the Death.

For, "He subjects (arranges in subordination, bringing under full control) all things under His feet." Now whenever He may say that everything (all things) has been arranged in subjection and placed under full control, [it is] evident (clearly visible) that [it is] with the exception of and outside of the One subjecting the whole (arranging all things in subordination under) in Him (to Him; for Him).

Now whenever the whole (all things) may be subjected in Him (to Him; for Him), then the Son Himself will also be subjected (placed and arranged under) in the One (to the One) subjecting the whole (all things) in Him (to Him), that God can be all things within the midst of and in union with all men (or, as a nuet.: may be everything in all things; or: should exist being All in all)." -Jonathan Mitchell Translation-

Old 05-16-2018, 02:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the OP...

John 17:12
- "While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Judas perished.

Judas perished NOT because Jesus was not able to guard him... he perished in order to fulfill the Scriptures. Translation: It was the Father's will.

What that means is that the Father's will, as described in the Scriptures, is the arbiter of the issue. Passages in Matthew 25 and Revelation 20 and others clearly indicate God's plan for some to perish.
But he came to “save” the “perished”

1Pe 4:5 who will give account to Him having readiness to judge the living and dead.
1Pe 4:6 For to this end also the gospel was preached to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but might live according to God in the Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity