Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I thought it was interesting coming from the standpoint of an Ex-Fundamentalist. As for my views without you twisting them to mean something they do not to suit your modus operandi of manipulation. They have developed over the last half-century predicated on direct contact, as I spent over 30 years attending various Churches; prayer groups, men's breakfast meetings, and had my children attend youth groups where we went and built Churches in other countries. You name it and we have done it! I was also approached about being a Pastor, and I even played the role of Christ Jesus at one of the Churches in a musical production called "From Heaven's Throne." I didn't even have to shave or get a haircut!

One evening when I came to pick one of my daughters up from a Wednesday night youth event, she was out on the sidewalk with tears running down her face. She was between fourteen and sixteen at the time. As I approached her, I could hear the Pastor, youth Pastor and several parents reaming her about HELL. When she saw me, I told her too continue with her position and understanding which she did, running them through the Scriptures. She has posted on here in my name once or twice before. I call her 'Army Girl' (although she is an Officer in the Air Force; a Fight Commander of one of the largest bases). Because she has no fear of getting into the trenches or that of a debate. I asked her if she was done and she replied, "I am now!" I told her to go to the truck, "I will finish this conversation."

There isn't much you can tell me about people (Fundamentalists) or the Scriptures that I do not know.
And I have never judged the book by its cover. I let the word(s) [of people] speak for itself [themselves].

BTW - the other parents constantly threatened their own children with going to HELL.

My daughter merely stood up for them, and against the false notion of Eternal Damnation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All I see is a person who keeps saying "let me tell you what you believe", and then go on to prove you don't have a clue.

And no, I do not twist your views. I admit I do not have the faintest idea what you believe, so I do not attempt to explain your view to you, or anyone else.
I do not tell you what "you believe." Rather, it's what I reject and stand against.
However, Your own words will acquit or expose you, and you can't hide from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
I do not tell you what "you believe." Rather, it's what I reject and stand against.
Perhaps it would have been appropriate to word the thread title accordingly, as opposed to wording it to sound like you are trying to explain/twist someone elses views.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:48 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Copied from the link

Basically, the Evangelical Christian has two powerful things controlling his/her mind and emotions – the fear of eternal punishment in hell and the reward of eternal paradise in heaven. Those are essentially the two most powerful things that can control someone’s mind, period. They are the ultimate brainwashing tools ever designed

What i cannot understand about the mind of the evangelical fundamentalist that proudly declares that they only believe what is is the bible, base this being saved from hell lark, on something that is not in the bible. Weird.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good article. Thanks for posting.

Maybe we can be a little more tolerant knowing under what delusions they operate.

Maybe.
Those damn fundamentalists!

Old 05-15-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It's not an expression someone following the way would use, but i have read some choice words spoken by Jesus in respect to fundamentalists. I wonder why someone who taught not to react towards another in that way would say such things to a group of people himself ?.

Maybe they are just attracting back to themselves that which they are putting out.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 PM

88,119 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Ha, but I really only feel that way when they put down or threaten other people because of their belief that some people are "wrong" because of who they are.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
However, Your own words will acquit or expose you, and you can't hide from them.
Although we all know what he does believe. He is all about what he believes and no matter how much he thinks he is hiding what he believes, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. How can he deny this great truth?. Someone who is very vocal and open about what he believes about politics, is somehow quiet(so he thinks) about his evangelical religion beliefs?.... yea right

Old 05-15-2018, 08:40 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
They are so eeeeeevil....

I guess that's what they are trying to suggest.

Maybe venting out against others helps them with their own issues.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Quote:

not evil.... but definitely wrong

Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:

Fundamentalists, both Christian and Muslim, pose the greatest dangers to mankind's and the earth's future.

They need to be eradicated. And they will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity