Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 02:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No you just quoted scripture without explaining what you mean by those scriptures. That is not profitable for anyone least of all YOU.
Actually that is not true either, because I have made a number of posts explaining my view including two telling you were wrong in claiming people believe Hades and lake of fire are the same thing. You quoted some of them, none of which contain Bible quotes, so I don't know why you have to lie about it. It is best to drop it, since you have decided to be less than honest about what is being said. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 02:54 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually that is not true either, because I have made a number of posts explaining my view including two telling you were wrong in claiming people believe Hades and lake of fire are the same thing. You quoted some of them, none of which contain Bible quotes, so I don't know why you have to lie about it. It is best to drop it, since you have decided to be less than honest about what is being said. Have a nice day.
Fin this is the only place you explained anything.

Quote:
Let me repeat: No one has claimed Hades and Gehenna are the same thing. They are not the same. Like you said, eventually Hades will be thrown to the lake of fire. The Bible does not teach anyone is in Gehenna aka the lake of fire until after the judgment day. Also, believers who have passed away are not where Lazarus was, they are with Christ. The parable is an illustration of two destinations.
However you do not tell us what these two destinations are.

The only conclusion I or anyone else can draw from that statement is the destinations are heaven and gehenna.

And if gehenna is the destination were the rich man is or is going then you are indeed equating hades with gehenna just like I said.

So it is up to you to clarify the two destinations.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

" The Bible does not teach anyone is in Gehenna aka the lake of fire until after the judgment day."

F.J. Gehenna is not the Limne of Theos a.k.a. the Lake of Fire! Do you have any idea Who the Lake of Divinity is? Now dig deep.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Fin this is the only place you explained anything.

However you do not tell us what these two destinations are.

The only conclusion I or anyone else can draw from that statement is the destinations are heaven and gehenna.

And if gehenna is the destination were the rich man is or is going then you are indeed equating hades with gehenna just like I said.

So it is up to you to clarify the two destinations.
For the 3rd time, Hades and Gehenna are not the same. Gehenna aka the lake of fire is currently unoccupied, and will remain that way until the day of judgment. But then again, I already said that. Hades is not eternal, and the Bible teaches it will eventually be thrown in the lake of fire.

The eternal destinations are lake of fire and heaven, while Hades / Sheol are temporary. The rich man will eventually end up in the lake of fire, but is not there today, so it would be impossible for them to be the same place. The story of him and Lazarus is an illustration of separation, and an illustration of the fact that once you die, and end up in the wrong side, it is too late to change it. The fact that he is not yet in LOF is irrelevant.

"people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,"

Old 05-21-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
" The Bible does not teach anyone is in Gehenna aka the lake of fire until after the judgment day."

F.J. Gehenna is not the Limne of Theos a.k.a. the Lake of Fire! Do you have any idea Who the Lake of Divinity is? Now dig deep.
Nah, you dig.

Gehenna symbolizes the Lake of Fire, although my personal view is simply being separated from God. No one has been to LOF to know for sure.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
For the 3rd time, Hades and Gehenna are not the same. Gehenna aka the lake of fire is currently unoccupied, and will remain that way until the day of judgment. But then again, I already said that. Hades is not eternal, and the Bible teaches it will eventually be thrown in the lake of fire.
FJ...death and hell are indeed not eternal. And again geheena is NOT the Lake of Fire and Divinity. I suggest you take a brief excursion into thion/ Theos.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
And again geheena is NOT the Lake of Fire and Divinity.
Or we can just agree to disagree.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Nah, you dig.

Gehenna symbolizes the Lake of Fire, although my personal view is simply being separated from God. No one has been to LOF to know for sure.
I assure you FJ I have been digging for many moons. Again gehenna does not symbolize the Lake of Theos!! As for your personal view of "simply being separated from God"...follow the bouncing ball..

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante= the all.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I assure you FJ I have been digging for many moons. Again gehenna does not symbolize the Lake of Theos!! As for your personal view of "simply being separated from God"...follow the bouncing ball..

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante= the all.
Lake of Theos? I am not sure what you are saying, and you are not explaining.

Eternal separation:

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity