Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 06:51 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Stop digging holes F.J. I am so sorry Dr. Wm. Barclay reeks of false teaching.

Again: follow the bouncing ball

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante= the all.

Unfortunately for you, Dr Barclay is dead on, as is the following...

"What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath–prepared for destruction." Romans 9:22

Fitted=katartivzw

Katartivzw=

To render or to fit.

To make sound or complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.
Ops the word for destruction is "apolia" and means utter destruction.

Plus the next verse shows that in the context the ones who are subjects of His wrath do not get His mercy that is another group.

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

VS 21 shows two groups one for destruction and one for mercy.

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Taking a verse out of context leads to misunderstanding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 07:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Plus the next verse shows that in the context the ones who are subjects of His wrath do not get His mercy that is another group.

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

VS 21 shows two groups one for destruction and one for mercy.

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Taking a verse out of context leads to misunderstanding it.
Well that's a contradiction to the parable of the wicked servant, you know the servant who was basically bankrupt and had no chance of repaying his debt. Although he does get his just desserts "until" he's paid his last penny for not showing the same spirit of mercy he'd been shown

Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Heaven and Earth, or God and man. No one knows what the other poster was trying to say, but clearly he lacks understanding of fundamental Christian beliefs.
I thought you believed being saved from eternal hell?. I must have been thinking of somone else. Saved from separation, maybe ? Saved from perishing? Saved from punishment? , but hang on if you are eternally separated then where are the eternally separated ?.

Is there actually a scripture that says that Jesus bridged the gap between God and man, a belief apparently widely accepted across all denominations?. It was a veil that was lifted not a gap bridged.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
The scientist: Genesis story is ridiculous as is the rest of the Old Testament. And, parts of the New Testament is corrupt too! Science makes its own truth. I am a Christian

The Worldly: the Bible is full of contradictions. Getting high and drunk is not a sin. My philosophy aligns with Oprah. It feels good it must be right. I am a Christian too

The sexual deviant: The Bible is wrong and hateful concerning sexual behavior. Parts of has been changed by haters. hooray! Finally, we can marry whomever and whatever we want. I am a Christian but I tell my friends I am New Age

The post modernist: the Bible has been corrupted, changed, and misinterpreted. Jesus is a great teacher and role model. Everyone will enter heaven. I am a Christian and everyone is a moron for not agreeing with me

The cultist: jesus is a wonderful teacher but he is not truly God. The Spirit whispers to me telling me the real story. I am a Christian as the voices tell me so.

The fundlamentalist: Father in heaven. Thank you for sending your Son to save a sinner like me. I am so grateful for your wonderful Word. I am... the Elect.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The scientist: Genesis story is ridiculous as is the rest of the Old Testament. And, parts of the New Testament is corrupt too! Science makes its own truth. I am a Christian

The Worldly: the Bible is full of contradictions. Getting high and drunk is not a sin. My philosophy aligns with Oprah. It feels good it must be right. I am a Christian too

The sexual deviant: The Bible is wrong and hateful concerning sexual behavior. Parts of has been changed by haters. hooray! Finally, we can marry whomever and whatever we want. I am a Christian but I tell my friends I am New Age

The post modernist: the Bible has been corrupted, changed, and misinterpreted. Jesus is a great teacher and role model. Everyone will enter heaven. I am a Christian and everyone is a moron for not agreeing with me

The cultist: jesus is a wonderful teacher but he is not truly God. The Spirit whispers to me telling me the real story. I am a Christian as the voices tell me so.

The fundlamentalist: Father in heaven. Thank you for sending your Son to save a sinner like me. I am so grateful for your wonderful Word. I am... the Elect.

^^^^^

The Town Crier Of Ignorance.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:36 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
^^^^^

The Town Crier Of Ignorance.
The ELECT Town Crier of Ignorance.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:26 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

I AM.

Whatever one writes after those 2 words judges one.

But they cannot be taken away from any ONE, because as I AM so HE IS, and He will see to whatever his desire is for everyone irrespective of one's labels.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-22-2018 at 12:35 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 12:47 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
fitted= (kathrtismena)

And what does kathrtismena mean Expat?

"What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath–prepared for destruction." Romans 9:22

Fitted=katartivzw

Katartivzw=

To render or to fit.

To make sound or complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

Although this will be hard to bear for some of you...our Father in destruction makes sound and complete, and mends what is broken or rent!

Old 05-22-2018, 04:15 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again
Deep

Old 05-22-2018, 06:56 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:

Expat, you can attempt to destroy the vast segments of mankind with "utter destruction", but I want to let you know all created life "shall be delivered"...not might be....the whole of created life shall be delivered. And yes, every dimension of the earth, the heavens, and the underworld shall in the final chapter of our Father's plan sing in antiphonal chorus of worship!

"I believe that it is impossible to set limits to the grace of God. I believe that not only in this world, but in any other world there may be, the grace of God is still effective, still operative, still at work. I do not believe that the operation of the grace of God is limited to this world. I believe that the grace of God is as wide as the universe."

"I believe implicitly in the ultimate and complete triumph of God, the time when all things will be subject to him, and when God will be everything to everyone (1 Cor. 15:24-28). For me this has certain consequences. If one man remains outside the love of God at the end of time, it means that that one man has defeated the love of God - and that is impossible. Further, there is only one way in which we can think of the triumph of God. If God was no more than a King or Judge, then it would be possible to speak of his triumph, if his enemies were agonizing in hell or were totally and completely obliterated and wiped out. But God is not only King and Judge, God is Father - he is indeed Father more than anything else. No father could be happy while there were members of his family for ever in agony. No father would count it a triumph to obliterate the disobedient members of his family. The only triumph a father can know is to have all his family back home. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God." -Dr. William Barclay-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity