Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 08:28 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,303,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Ops the word for destruction is "apolia" and means utter destruction.

The same apollymi which, purportedly, Jesus said the Son of Man came to save.

“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.” Matt. 18:11

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/.../t_conc_947011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,976,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The scientist: Genesis story is ridiculous as is the rest of the Old Testament. And, parts of the New Testament is corrupt too! Science makes its own truth. I am a Christian

The Worldly: the Bible is full of contradictions. Getting high and drunk is not a sin. My philosophy aligns with Oprah. It feels good it must be right. I am a Christian too

The sexual deviant: The Bible is wrong and hateful concerning sexual behavior. Parts of has been changed by haters. hooray! Finally, we can marry whomever and whatever we want. I am a Christian but I tell my friends I am New Age

The post modernist: the Bible has been corrupted, changed, and misinterpreted. Jesus is a great teacher and role model. Everyone will enter heaven. I am a Christian and everyone is a moron for not agreeing with me

The cultist: jesus is a wonderful teacher but he is not truly God. The Spirit whispers to me telling me the real story. I am a Christian as the voices tell me so.

The fundlamentalist: Father in heaven. Thank you for sending your Son to save a sinner like me. I am so grateful for your wonderful Word. I am... the Elect.

What made your a Christian?

Old 05-22-2018, 10:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,187,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The scientist: Genesis story is ridiculous as is the rest of the Old Testament. And, parts of the New Testament is corrupt too! Science makes its own truth. I am a Christian

The Worldly: the Bible is full of contradictions. Getting high and drunk is not a sin. My philosophy aligns with Oprah. It feels good it must be right. I am a Christian too

The sexual deviant: The Bible is wrong and hateful concerning sexual behavior. Parts of has been changed by haters. hooray! Finally, we can marry whomever and whatever we want. I am a Christian but I tell my friends I am New Age

The post modernist: the Bible has been corrupted, changed, and misinterpreted. Jesus is a great teacher and role model. Everyone will enter heaven. I am a Christian and everyone is a moron for not agreeing with me

The cultist: jesus is a wonderful teacher but he is not truly God. The Spirit whispers to me telling me the real story. I am a Christian as the voices tell me so.

The fundlamentalist: Father in heaven. Thank you for sending your Son to save a sinner like me. I am so grateful for your wonderful Word. I am... the Elect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What made you a Christian?
He is the "chosen" the anointed one, or didn't you hear him ...the Elect?

Old 05-22-2018, 10:15 AM

7,530 posts, read 2,969,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

Thank you Pleroo!

The Son of man came to seek and to save that which was destroyed.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:17 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,187,653 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Thank you Pleroo!

The Son of man came to seek and to save that which was destroyed.
...that which perished.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,255,988 times
Quote:

Will you let Him?

One thief on the cross let Him, and the other ridiculed Him.

To the one who let Him, he said "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

There was no 3rd person who said "I reject you, but I demand you save me anyway"

That 3rd person is the modern day universalist.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-22-2018 at 10:57 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 10:45 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,021,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Will you let Him?

To the one who let Him, he said "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

Which I guess was a fib because he spent a day or two in a tomb first. Or so the story goes.

Unless, of course, he meant the tomb. Maybe he wanted some company before un-deading himself.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:48 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,303,741 times
Quote:
Will you let Him?

I didn't realize it at the time, but I needed saving from being a fundamentalist Christian because it was destroying me. God dragged me out of it in spite of my lack of awareness. Hallelujah!

Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,021,333 times
Quote:
I didn't realize it at the time, but I needed saving from being a fundamentalist Christian because it was destroying me. God dragged me out of it in spite of my lack of awareness. Hallelujah!

And many of us celebrate your freedom.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM

7,530 posts, read 2,969,508 times
Quote:
Will you let Him?
I believe what Jesus the Christ said regarding His drawing power. "And if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all mankind unto Me"

draw=

"I will draw all mankind unto Myself"

The primary definition of the word 'draw' in Greek "helkuo" is to literally draw, drag off forcefully, impel, pull with power.

So

We may be impelled, we may be dragged off forcefully, (kicking and screaming perhaps), or pulled by His power; but He draws all mankind unto Himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity