Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 10:35 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The God of the Old and New Testaments is Jesus' Father. Jesus and the Father are One.
Quote:
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.
John 5:10
Where in the NT does Jesus commit mass murder and bash the heads of babies against stones? Why not if the God of the OT is the one Jesus is like?

Quote:
As for the jesus that you speak of, he doesn't exist. Vain worship.
Yes He is real. I've met Him and learned from Him and find peace in time of trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF6aBDS3drA

Quote:
It's you who interprets God's judgement as a delightful event. The Saints get no enjoyment out of the destruction of willful sinners.
How wrong you are. I'm not a universalist but I would be fine with it if God ultimately saves all of us. Would you?

Chances are, if universalism is true, we would be neighbors!

If not, perhaps we will be neighbors in a different neighborhood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 11:20 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God has many names. You call God the Prince of Darkness.... meh. You have learned nothing, nada, bupkis, zero.

You are fulfilled in him? Nothing is further from the truth.
No. I have told you multiple times that I reject your god of jezebel. I serve the One and only true God of the Bible.

Quote:
When you deny your brothers and sisters, you stand alone. Jesus was never about being alone. He loved and embraced everyone. He had women in his life that did not mince words. They taught him empathy, love and kindness.
Your god has you lying again about Jesus. Jesus DID NOT embrace everyone. Jesus said:

Matthew 10
[32] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Quote:
Alone is not good. So, God wants you to find a relationship with another person. You need female friends. Strong women who will teach you about empathy, love, and kindness. Women who will not mince words, either. Women to lay the truth on your sorry soul.
I don't need jezebel; God rejected her. Real examples of women are Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jesus, Ruth, Queen Esther, etc... You would be well served by learning of them.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
John 5:10
Where in the NT does Jesus commit mass murder and bash the heads of babies against stones? Why not if the God of the OT is the one Jesus is like?
Your society has murdered millions upon millions of babies in women's wombs, and you justify yourselves in doing so. What moral grounds, therefore, do you have to judge God? You hypocrites! A generation of vipers!

Old 05-19-2018, 11:37 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
No. I have told you multiple times that I reject your god of jezebel. I serve the One and only true God of the Bible.

Your god has you lying again about Jesus. Jesus DID NOT embrace everyone. Jesus said:

Matthew 10
[32] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

I don't need jezebel; God rejected her. Real examples of women are Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jesus, Ruth, Queen Esther, etc... You would be well served by learning of them.
Again, God has many names. You now call God, Jezebel. Meh. For God, this is the equivalent of sticks and stones.

You stand alone. God thinks you need some friends. God thinks you should call your closest female relative and get closure. Jesus embraced. You are ignoring his lessons. You will never learn the lessons with out women to guide you.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:47 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
It's written in the Holy Scriptures that a friend of the world is an enemy of God. Where do you stand?

James 4

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Just a Great Example of both what a Lousy book the Bible is, and what ignorance must exist for someone in the 21st century to believe it.

I have long said that Christianity is NOT a healthy philosophy, and in the 21st Century we can and will do better.

Never mind the fact that there is no evidence for God's existence, and certainly NO evidence for the myths surrounding the Bible. NONE We must ask then WHY ? Why follow a theology of the Bible, when so many better and healthier things exist?

So where do I stand ? I love people, I love life, I live it to the fullest each day. There is no God as far as I have seen. No evidence, not even enough to form a hypothesis of such thing, let alone and rational reason to follow the Bible.
People and our Planet are ALL that matters. Because, unlike the God of the Bible, WE are REAL !

Old 05-19-2018, 12:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
A friend of the world is an enemy of God.

He loves the world (i.e., humanity) unconditionally.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:23 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Again, God has many names. You now call God, Jezebel. Meh. For God, this is the equivalent of sticks and stones.

You stand alone. God thinks you need some friends. God thinks you should call your closest female relative and get closure. Jesus embraced. You are ignoring his lessons. You will never learn the lessons with out women to guide you.
Oh,
if i remember correctly ole sh,aul(paul) walked at it alone for a time, even if alone he was courageous while the Ruach Haqodesh guides the foot steps of a beloved

Since you brought to the conversation an assertive distinction you call philosophy. It seems to me you havent realized that philosophers are not priest nor servants of the Holy One.
philosophy is by definition enemity of the flesh. Anyone who worships in Truth and Spirit can see that there is a specific reason ole Sh,aul wrote letters to the community of Brothers and Sister in Christ who were living in Rome.
If you were to read Acts you might have seen a glimpse of the enemity that is at work.
Romans 8
The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.…

Old 05-19-2018, 12:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I love people, I love life, I live it to the fullest each day.
Ditto to this!

And in memory of: To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:54 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
A reminder:
This is the Christianity forum, where we discuss issues about Christianity. Obviously, the existence of God/Jesus is a given in such discussions, so arguments against the existence of God are off topic in the Christianity forum. Please confine any such discussions to the main Religion & Spirituality forum.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but rather so that through him, the world might be saved. 18 Those who trust in him are not judged; those who do not trust have been judged already, in that they have not trusted in the one who is God’s only and unique Son.

19 “Now this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, but people loved the darkness rather than the light. Why? Because their actions were wicked. 20 For everyone who does evil things hates the light and avoids it, so that his actions won’t be exposed. 21 But everyone who does what is true comes to the light, so that all may see that his actions are accomplished through God.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity