Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Apologies. I may have been a bit naughty; bating people with that question I posed. I just feel that people don't understand or care about the massive inequality, and the issues particularly associated with geo-politics and fight for world control.
I think, perhaps, what it comes down to is if one believes there's only so much pie, one might resent those who appear to be enjoying a bigger slice. Personally, I don't think the world works that way.

(I had a friend once with MS who thought that there was only so much health to go around, and that by her having MS she was sparing someone else from having it. I think some people have that mentality about money as well.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 09:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
It's a cost & value equation. Charles was next in line.

The debate of Return On Investment could potentially be discussed, though I doubt anyone would know the real numbers. It's really about what sort of society and wealth distribution people want. I'm not sure that most people care enough to have a view on it. I'm not a soul-less b***ard, with respect to them having a nice wedding and all that, but I object to any and every form and concept of elitism, and my gut feeling is that Royal Weddings at face value are an example of it.
I agree with this 100%. We fought a brutal to war to get away from this kind of thing!

Although I think many people like the royals and follow them today because they are all good looking, fit, rich!!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think, perhaps, what it comes down to is if one believes there's only so much pie, one might resent those who appear to be enjoying a bigger slice. Personally, I don't think the world works that way.
I think I may understand what you are saying, but it would need clarification.

The pie can be very large indeed, but when someone says, "actually, I'd like your piece as well. ...and if you don't give it to me, I'm going to take it, etc." it leads to a self-fulfilling belief in limited pie - akin to the law of sin and death. And this law (of lack) is used to control people.

How does your view of how the world works contrast with what I've said in the quotes...?, because I think that is how many people (in the know anyway!) perceive how the world works, at the have's versus have-nots level.

I have though probably committed an error, because 'my world' shouldn't be taking on the concerns of 'the world', and so I do have some repenting to do, . Once we get past this event / thread I should be ok again.

Edit: if we keep this to money, it will be easier to reach a conclusion. There is ample evidence that the 'global' source / supply of money is constrained and released according to the bankers wishes, hence why they want a NWO - it is financial control. But with respect to an epidemic of good health - hell yea, ...if we can route around big pharma, which is all financial control again. If you want any video references I can provide them.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-22-2018 at 09:47 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 10:32 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree with this 100%. We fought a brutal to war to get away from this kind of thing!

Although I think many people like the royals and follow them today because they are all good looking, fit, rich!!
We certainly haven't gotten away from elitism, it's more rampant than ever before in our public figures. I consider this money much better spent than the hundreds of thousands spent by our Treasury Secretary so he and his fashion-conscious wife could go stand on a stack of gold to watch the eclipse. THAT is elitism, IMO.

At least Harry and Meghan give much of their time to people in need, and both Harry and William served tours in war zone, much more than you can say about the "elite" in general. I don't see them at all as elitists. Elitists don't spend their free time in the worst poverty stricken areas of Africa, or hold babies who have AIDS.

Not all in attendance were elites, either, Harry had many wounded vets and troops he served with there, and Meghan had childhood friends who were not elite, as well as her mother, who is a social worker. The majority of Brits love that stuff over there, who are we to judge them? At least they take care of their people in terms of health care, etc.

And Meghan was not an elite before, she grew up middle class and her first job was in a frozen yogurt shop. Kate's family was better off, but certainly not elite. If anything, these last two weddings showed how the Royal family has gotten much less elitist, not more.

Lastly, I do not think the wedding did anything to widen the gap between rich and poor, but the last tax cut here certainly did, so I hope you vote those anti-elitist values.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 05-22-2018 at 10:42 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I think I may understand what you are saying, but it would need clarification.

The pie can be very large indeed, but when someone says, "actually, I'd like your piece as well. ...and if you don't give it to me, I'm going to take it, etc." it leads to a self-fulfilling belief in limited pie - akin to the law of sin and death. And this law (of lack) is used to control people.

How does your view of how the world works contrast with what I've said in the quotes...?, because I think that is how many people (in the know anyway!) perceive how the world works, at the have's versus have-nots level.

I have though probably committed an error, because 'my world' shouldn't be taking on the concerns of 'the world', and so I do have some repenting to do, . Once we get past this event / thread I should be ok again.

Edit: if we keep this to money, it will be easier to reach a conclusion. There is ample evidence that the 'global' source / supply of money is constrained and released according to the bankers wishes, hence why they want a NWO - it is financial control. But with respect to an epidemic of good health - hell yea, ...if we can route around big pharma, which is all financial control again. If you want any video references I can provide them.

Age, I think the goodness of God and well-being freely flows to all of us. When something is impeding me from experiencing that well-being (and it does on many fronts) , I'm going to always assume it's my own wrong thinking/beliefs that are standing in the way, not other people.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Age, I think the goodness of God and well-being freely flows to all of us. When something is impeding me from experiencing that well-being (and it does on many fronts) , I'm going to always assume it's my own wrong thinking/beliefs that are standing in the way, not other people.
Well said, and succinct.

I'm a bit awkward, in that I can't separate my religion from my politics, and when there's a higher experience to negotiate with others, I can't help myself.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well said, and succinct.

I'm a bit awkward, in that I can't separate my religion from my politics, and when there's a higher experience to negotiate with others, I can't help myself.
If you want, would you explain what you mean by that?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
If you want, would you explain what you mean by that?
I need other people to tell me truth. And I like to discuss it with people as well.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 PM

88,507 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:

(I had a friend once with MS who thought that there was only so much health to go around, and that by her having MS she was sparing someone else from having it. I think some people have that mentality about money as well.)
That's interesting.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's interesting.
Like, "Pleroo's gone off the deep end," interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity