Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
This liberal nonsense of making up accusations is a pathetic attempt to defend a weak argument. No one said anything about hating anyone.

There is a huge difference in agonizing of your transgessions versus glorifying sin day after day. Your way by agreeing and supporting sin is not right. You helping people to their eternal death.
Agonizing over your transgression is no different to glorifying it. I's a doctrine of men and of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 08:24 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
We are Not to make personal judgements by imputing bad or wrong motives to others.
Just because so-called ' religious' men make wrong judgements does Not make Scripture as wrong, but them wrong.
Jesus forewarns us at Matthew 7:21-22 that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.
It is more than "we are not to make personal judgments by IMPUTING bad or wrong motives. We are to follow Jesus' example as He stated in John 12:47---
Quote:
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
I know many think "the world" is different from "the people," but the translation we have here appears to indicate "anyone" and "world" are synonymous.

Just as "religious" men misinterpret Scripture now in a manner that defies the example Jesus lived, they did so then. And while "religious" men often quote that Jesus said He would not change one dot of the Law, they aren't smart enough to read the following verses and see that Jesus, in fact, DID change the interpretation of "God's Law," in the following six "But I say unto you's."

It is impossible to not see the direct conflict of commands in both the New and Old Testaments without putting on blinkers and saying "nah, nah, nah." That's why Jesus stated He came to open the eyes of the blind and close the eyes of those thinking they could see.

Have you ever read a book by "liberal" Christian about how they converted to fundamentalism?
There are hundreds by those doing the opposite.

The Cross in the Closet, by Timothy Kurek is the last one I read. A young man raised in a fundamentalist church who decided to live as "gay" for a year. Rejected by church, family, and friends, he came to new appreciation of what it means to be marginalized by the "religious" men of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6qIIvYEqs

As Kurek states--he is a recovering Pharisee.

Yes, false prophets exist. But Jesus isn't talking to "non-believers" through most of Matthew. At the end of Matt. 25 which I have seen you quote, the division God is making is not between non-believers and believers, it's between two groups that both call Him "Lord." But some called Him "Lord," out of "belief," but others SERVED OTHERS as He did and didn't even know it was exactly what He was looking for in "believers." Belief must go beyond the printed page, otherwise it is naught.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:04 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Quite right! So every sinner is going to hell??? Guess what?? We’re all sinners. How is a gay man’s sin any worse than ours?

Like I said, who am I to judge? I leave that to the father.
No, we are not all sinners. There are the Saints of God and then there are sinners; the latter go to hell while the former go marching in. That's what the Bible teaches.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No, we are not all sinners. There are the Saints of God and then there are sinners; the latter go to hell while the former go marching in. That's what the Bible teaches.
How does one become a saint that continuously marches on? Doe the bible provide instructions for sainthood? But the bible also teachers ALL ARE SINNERS AND HAVE FALLEN SHORT....

Old 05-22-2018, 10:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How does one become a saint that continuously marches on? Doe the bible provide instructions for sainthood? But the bible also teachers ALL ARE SINNERS AND HAVE FALLEN SHORT....
We are all sinners, and the Bible instructs we can be saved through faith, and our sins can be forgiven.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We are all sinners, and the Bible instructs we can be saved through faith, and our sins can be forgiven.
Speak for yourself. I have never heard my Heavenly Father say such a thing to me or about anyone else.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
We are all sinners,
Please cite the Scripture to confirm your assertion.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But the bible also teachers ALL ARE SINNERS AND HAVE FALLEN SHORT....
Past tense. All HAVE sinned.....

Old 05-22-2018, 10:42 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Please cite the Scripture to confirm your assertion.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We have all sinned, and continue to do so at some level even after coming to God for forgiveness.

The desire to live in willful & habitual sin dies in a believer, but we still stumble.

Either way, a believer is the Bible calls "fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God”

Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We have all sinned, and continue to do so at some level even after coming to God for forgiveness.

The desire to live in willful & habitual sin dies in a believer, but we still stumble.
So if you became sick is sickness what you are. What if your sickness was healed what does that make you again ?.
If you believe Jesus washed away all of your sin, how does that leave you ?. Still a sinner?. Evangelical christianity when looked at in truth makes no sense whatsoever, it contradicts itself all over the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity