Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 12:20 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times

Advertisements

Being born from above is not salvation - it is realisation of identity (and all the benefits that flow from that). That's a whole different equation from what the first and last Adam did. It is the evolving of the consciousness and initial 'feeling of separation' (but you never know you're lost until you're found), and then the re-realisation of no separation.

It cannot help but apply to everyone, because all are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 12:35 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Being born from above is not salvation - it is realisation of identity (and all the benefits that flow from that). That's a whole different equation from what the first and last Adam did. It is the evolving of the consciousness and initial 'feeling of separation' (but you never know you're lost until you're found), and then the re-realisation of no separation.

Got a verse that says anything remotely close to that? Or are you just winging it and making it up as you go?

Old 05-23-2018, 12:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

Baptist fundy asked "Do you have a scripture for that?" There are plenty if you lose the heaven and hell mentality along with reading everything(or the bulk of it) the bible as if it is literal. The scriptures are far more mystical and pyschological than they are literal history. If the bible is history it is ours, a history of man forgetting who he is and the state he lives in due to it, then remembering his true state which is Jesus Christ. When we see him we shall be like him. As he is so are we in this world. I -- in righteousness, I see your face; I am satisfied, in awaking, with your form

Old 05-23-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Baptist fundy asked "Do you have a scripture for that?" There are plenty if you lose the heaven and hell mentality along with reading everything(or the bulk of it) the bible as if it is literal. The scriptures are far more mystical and pyschological than they are literal history. If the bible is history it is ours, a history of man forgetting who he is and the state he lives in due to it, then remembering his true state which is Jesus Christ. When we see him we shall be like him. As he is so are we in this world. I -- in righteousness, I see your face; I am satisfied, in awaking, with your form
How about if we "just read it in context as it was written"? Got any verses that actually say that? I know...you aren't a Scripture guy....you're not concerned with what it says...except the ones you manipulate to support your view.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:00 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
I think its time to create a subforum for universalists/new agers.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
agreed. Seems way to many threads devolve into it.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
How about if we "just read it in context as it was written"? Got any verses that actually say that? I know...you aren't a Scripture guy....you're not concerned with what it says...except the ones you manipulate to support your view.
Do you really believe things that are spiritual are black n white ?. Wrong i am scripture guy and that is why i reject the whole evangelical thing because it is not scriptural, teaches God's arm is too short to save all(can't see it does and denies it), cannot at the least acknowledge that to say he is the savior of all men is a trustworthy saying worthy of full acceptance, even though the scriptures clearly say it is,, twists scriptures such as the ones quoted on this thread to support the doctrines of men, always talks of a future salvation when Salvation is always the now(because that's all there is), wrongly says we have a choice to make when in fact it is seeing rather than believing (we look at not the things seen but what is unseen), receiving Jesus is not accepting an invitation, it is receiving what Jesus taught by seeing it. I could write a post as long as one of Hannibals why i reject evangelical christianity, but i can't be bothered.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not all... Jesus is the exception.

So many IS many... many is NOT all.

If Paul had said "all", then that would include Jesus - which would create a different issue.

Nice try though...
Are you saying the all in Adam doesn’t include Adam?
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:28 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All that are in Christ are saved.

1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruit; afterward those of Christ at His coming.
1Co 15:24 Then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father, when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.

1Co 15:25 For it is right for Him to reign until He puts all the hostile ones under His feet; Psa. 110:1
1Co 15:26 the last hostile thing made to cease is death.
1Co 15:27 For "He subjected all things under His feet;" but when He says that all things have been subjected, it is plain that it excepts Him who has subjected all things to Him. Psa. 8:6
1Co 15:28 But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.

It says that there is an order, and it doesn’t stop at his coming, those that are Christ’s at his coming and then comes the end when the kingdom is subjected to him totally

Old 05-23-2018, 01:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why not rather a sub-forum of evangelicals/fundamentalists? I don't want any such thing actually because there is only ONE Christian forum -- just as there is only ONE God and Father of all. Does it really bother you to consider the truth about Jesus being the savior of the whole human race? Why?
The children of Israel wandered in the wilderness and went after other gods and never understood what it meant to be chosen by God (for the healing of the nations). Modern evangelical Christians are in the very same state today because they do not understand God's ultimate purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity