Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 03:53 PM

10,490 posts, read 6,104,328 times

Advertisements

E = mc2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 PM

45,313 posts, read 26,823,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Correct, you said "many is many." And how many is many?
At least one less than all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Are you saying the all in Adam doesn’t include Adam?
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
I am saying many means many - which is not found in 1 Cor. 15:22.

Being that Adam was in Adam - I would assume him to be included when Paul said "all in Adam".

Old 05-23-2018, 04:12 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,018,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At least one less than all...
But 99 is not enough...

Old 05-23-2018, 04:15 PM

7,530 posts, read 2,969,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Who is "B.P."?

And read the rest of Romans. Heck, read the rest of the chapter. The first 11 verses are interesting. Things like how we are saved from the wrath off God by him dying. Do you believe that? Do you believe God is wrathful?

How about chapter 4? Where it says Abraham was righteous by faith. Do you believe that? Or will you believe the Universalist story that God simply declares all saved?

How about chapter 9 where it says God hates Esau? That he actually hated someone?

Or chapter 10 where it says that one must believe to be saved? That he must actually confess Jesus? That they can't even do that if the Gospel isn't preached to them?

Can you reconcile this universalist nonsense with that?
I had zero knowledge of those chapters.nYou missed chapter 11

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Please note one verse ripped out of context

"for from Him ta pante comes, through Him ta pante exists and in Him ta pante ends...

Ta pante= the all=

"from Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends.."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-23-2018 at 04:24 PM..

Old 05-23-2018, 04:17 PM

18,839 posts, read 6,856,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
I had zero knowledge of those chapters.nYou missed chapter 11
Just an honest suggestion to anyone that considers themselves a student of the Bible. Read the entire book of Romans in one sitting. It'll take 45 minutes to an hour. It's really interesting to read it all at one time and really understand the line of thought Paul had when he wrote that. Don't take one verse out of context and expect it to stand on its own.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Just an honest suggestion to anyone that considers themselves a student of the Bible. Read the entire book of Romans in one sitting. It'll take 45 minutes to an hour. It's really interesting to read it all at one time and really understand the line of thought Paul had when he wrote that. Don't take one verse out of context and expect it to stand on its own.
Better yet, friend, take 50 years and find out what you missed!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:49 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,081,105 times
Quote:
Read 24 Chapters of the book of Acts and then get back to me where you see any of the the Apostles had preached Salvation from eternal hell.... Do you not find it strange to say the least that they left such an important part of their commission from Jesus to preach the good news to the whole of creation?. No aha moment whatsoever ????

Old 05-23-2018, 04:53 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,081,105 times
Quote:
The problem is that the same book you quote that from clearly says that it's through faith in Jesus that we are saved. nowhere else in that book is the notion of universal salvation. To suggest it is completely rips that verse out of context.
Salvation is all of God as far as i am concerned, even though i see it is and "now" experience it, it is his light that brought me to the knowledge of this truth, a truth once you've seen you can't deny. The only reason any of us are seemingly lost or act lost is because we lost our true identity.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:59 PM

18,839 posts, read 6,856,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Salvation is all of God as far as i am concerned, even though i see it is and "now" experience it, it is his light that brought me to the knowledge of this truth, a truth once you've seen you can't deny. The only reason any of us are seemingly lost or act lost is because we lost our true identity.
Non-sequitur. I never said it wasn't of God.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
But 99 is not enough...
You bet, my friend!

Not the mass in Adam 1-1, and certainly not the mass-1 in the Saviour of the whole world, A.K.A. the Last Adam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity