Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 02:03 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I am very familiar with Roman Catholicism doctrine as I grew up in the Catholic church. Not everything that Pope Francis says is in line with the Scriptures. So, Let us reason together. Do you believe in the Bible? Does it have final authority concerning the Church and its teachings? Can it be overruled by man? Does the Roman Catholic Church overrule the Bible?

Many attacked and maligned the Bible for the purpose to discredit it. Opinions vary on why it is done but many will agree on the reasons; it exposes their sin and their philosophy or doctrine is controlled by the demonic.

The Scriptures are inspired by God. It is without error and is the authority in the Church. Now liars say that we “fundies” worship the Bible. As ridiculous as the accusation may sound, it shows you there is a spiritual warfare going on. The goal of the devil is to attack God’s Word and His people. Satan uses these poor souls like a puppet. Don’t let him treat you like a puppet
This is too much.. You are entitled to your own personal beliefs and opinions, but there is no need to attack others and state that we are a "puppet" of the devil simply because you do not agree with a particular denomination, those are very pointed and dark words.. Not to mention, it is very disrespectful; if you are truly a Christian then you know that no one can make that judgment but God himself and we have no right to judge others.. As Pope Francis teaches we should EMBRACE all of our brothers and sisters even if we do not agree with them..

The purpose of my thread was to spread a positive message and raise awareness of this beautiful documentary film about our current Pope, I thought it would be a pertinent topic to share in the "Christianity" forum and found the message of the Pope to be welcoming and inspirational to ALL people regardless of religious background or beliefs.. It is very unfortunate that we are at this point in this thread..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 03:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
This is too much.. You are entitled to your own personal beliefs and opinions, but there is no need to attack others and state that we are a "puppet" of the devil simply because you do not agree with a particular denomination, those are very pointed and dark words.. Not to mention, it is very disrespectful; if you are truly a Christian then you know that no one can make that judgment but God himself and we have no right to judge others.. As Pope Francis teaches we should EMBRACE all of our brothers and sisters even if we do not agree with them..

The purpose of my thread was to spread a positive message and raise awareness of this beautiful documentary film about our current Pope, I thought it would be a pertinent topic to share in the "Christianity" forum and found the message of the Pope to be welcoming and inspirational to ALL people regardless of religious background or beliefs.. It is very unfortunate that we are at this point in this thread..

Nice try but he's the 2nd or 3rd worst fundie on this board. Rationality is not his bag.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:15 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Huh?
I wonder if Roman catolicism actually teaches the nonsense of being heirs of the Kingdom.
I don't recall Peter ever visiting rome.
Paul may of done so but that's a conversation for another time.
Yeesh,
It's not like people are illiterate are they.
Read!
It is the forum rule, pin. The Christianity of anyone claiming to be Christian can NOT be challenged or questioned. Only God can judge.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:19 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

The purpose of my thread was to spread a positive message and raise awareness of this beautiful documentary film about our current Pope, I thought it would be a pertinent topic to share in the "Christianity" forum and found the message of the Pope to be welcoming and inspirational to ALL people regardless of religious background or beliefs.. It is very unfortunate that we are at this point in this thread.
Pope Francis is an admirable man. We are NOT at an unfortunate point in this thread. There just are some fundies who arrogantly believe they are the only arbiters of belief in God. It tickles their ears to think they are special and are the only ones who truly know God because of their interpretation of the Bible. They are accusers and dividers of the brethren and to be ignored.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pope Francis is an admirable man. We are NOT at an unfortunate point in this thread. There just are some fundies who arrogantly believe they are the only arbiters of belief in God. It tickles their ears to think they are special and are the only ones who truly know God because of their interpretation of the Bible. They are accusers and dividers of the brethren and to be ignored.
Very true, and what they don't realize is much of what they believe is Roman Catholicism with a different label on it.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:22 PM

734 posts, read 482,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I am very familiar with Roman Catholicism doctrine as I grew up in the Catholic church. Not everything that Pope Francis says is in line with the Scriptures. So, Let us reason together. Do you believe in the Bible? Does it have final authority concerning the Church and its teachings? Can it be overruled by man? Does the Roman Catholic Church overrule the Bible?

Many attacked and maligned the Bible for the purpose to discredit it. Opinions vary on why it is done but many will agree on the reasons; it exposes their sin and their philosophy or doctrine is controlled by the demonic.

The Scriptures are inspired by God. It is without error and is the authority in the Church. Now liars say that we “fundies†worship the Bible. As ridiculous as the accusation may sound, it shows you there is a spiritual warfare going on. The goal of the devil is to attack God’s Word and His people. Satan uses these poor souls like a puppet. Don’t let him treat you like a puppet

There was no Bible for the first few hundred years of Christianity. Oral tradition was the Word of God. The Catholic (Eastern and Western Churches) gave Protestants the very Bible they use as a weapon against

The Bible was well understood by the Catholic and Orthodox Church way before Protestants got their hands on it.

There are 30,000 + Protestant denominations in the US. They can't even agree on one Protestant church for all. What gives?

Just because something isn't in the Bible doesn't mean it's not true.

Saved by faith alone is the most ludicrous doctrine I've ever heard. The Gospel makes it abundantly that you have to at least be making efforts to follow Jesus's commandments. Faith without works is dead.

Evangelicals do not believe in goodness for goodness's sake. Good works only have merit when you are born-again.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:49 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:

I said “The goal of the devil is to attack God’s Word and His people. Satan uses these poor souls like a puppet. Don’t let him treat you like a puppet”

You have a problem with that statement? Who are the poor souls? Who are His people? You mention your brothers. Who are they? Cultist? Haters of Christ? False religion? Why don’t you explain what you mean

Old 05-24-2018, 09:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancaisDeutsch View Post
There was no Bible for the first few hundred years of Christianity. Oral tradition was the Word of God. The Catholic (Eastern and Western Churches) gave Protestants the very Bible they use as a weapon against

The Bible was well understood by the Catholic and Orthodox Church way before Protestants got their hands on it.

There are 30,000 + Protestant denominations in the US. They can't even agree on one Protestant church for all. What gives?

Just because something isn't in the Bible doesn't mean it's not true.

Saved by faith alone is the most ludicrous doctrine I've ever heard. The Gospel makes it abundantly that you have to at least be making efforts to follow Jesus's commandments. Faith without works is dead.

Evangelicals do not believe in goodness for goodness's sake. Good works only have merit when you are born-again.

Good post.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good post.
Thank you, TroutDude! I appreciate it.. I do not want to insult; I want to expose truths and bring peace.

I see a religion for what it is. If someone doesn't set the record straight, who will?

You have to know how a people of a certain religion think in order to challenge their belief system.

We all need to have our beliefs challenged. It's the only way we can grow as a person. So many people are living in airtight bubbles. We need to get out of ours a little and open our eyes to the world. Yes, it's scary to do so; it takes real courage to call into question your way of life. But, in the end, it's beyond healthy.

What saddens me, is that many conservative Protestant Christians today have greatly distorted the true message of Jesus. It disturbs me at my core.

Christians of all stripes need to remember one thing: Focus on the Sacred Heart of Jesus (a picture, etc.), and the true essence of Christianity shall be revealed.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, you cannot argue with most conservative Evangelical Protestants. Everyone is all wrong - they are all right. Even other Protestant denominations are considered all wrong (Lutherans, Anglicans, Anabaptists, etc. They're the real Christians and everyone else are fake Christians, bound to hell for all of eternity.

The Holy Father truly knows the sacred heart of Jesus, unlike 99.9% most of the world's Christians. I am drawn to Pope Francis because he is living out the Gospel.

I pray for Christian unity but it's a losing battle. They're are over 30,000 Protestant denominations alone.

Divisons and divisions, and subdivisions and subdivisions, etc.....tribalism has won out - not the real message of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity