Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 05:41 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,433,116 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I would share:

I just recently had the opportunity to see this incredible movie about the Pope, the message is beautiful and serves as a true inspiration to the world and all religions. If you haven't already seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it to ALL fellow Christians and even non-Christians!

Pope Francis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 06:00 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,513 times
No thanks, I will pass. If I want to understand non Christian doctrine I can always come here and read ***** postings.

Non moderator actions were required to blank out names to Protect the guilty

Old 05-23-2018, 08:28 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,433,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
No thanks, I will pass. If I want to understand non Christian doctrine I can always come here and read ***** postings.

How does a movie about the POPE not align with Christian doctrine?

Christ made Peter the leader of the apostles, gave Peter the "keys to the kingdom" (Matthew 16:19), and then Peter became the first Bishop of Rome, "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18).. The tomb of Saint Peter lies underneath the Vatican which is the seat of the Catholic Church.

The Pope is the direct apostolic successor to Saint Peter and the current Bishop of Rome.

Not to mention, even Pope Francis's actions and teachings directly align with the teachings of Christ and the bible..

I do not understand how you can be so bold to say that a movie about the Pope is "non Christian"

Last edited by MrKnight; 05-23-2018 at 08:40 PM..

Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post

Christ made Peter the leader of the apostles, gave Peter the "keys to the kingdom" (Matthew 16:19), and then Peter became the first Bishop of Rome, "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18).. The tomb of Saint Peter lies underneath the Vatican which is the seat of the Catholic Church.

The Pope is the direct apostolic successor to Saint Peter and the current Bishop of Rome.

Not to mention, even Pope Francis's actions and teachings directly align with the teachings of Christ and the bible..

I do not understand how you can be so bold to say that a movie about the Pope is "non Christian"
Typical fundie baiting! Don’t bite.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I would share:

I just recently had the opportunity to see this incredible movie about the Pope, the message is beautiful and serves as a true inspiration to the world and all religions. If you haven't already seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it to ALL fellow Christians and even non-Christians!

Pope Francis
Well, aside from the fact that I don't believe Pope Francis to be Jesus Christ's successor or Roman Catholicism to be Christ's Church, I love Pope Francis, and that sounds like a fabulous movie! I will definitely be seeing it. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

Cowards keep their eyes closed to truth.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:

Despite being reminded repeatedly about the TOS rule that everyone who claims to be a Christian IS a Christian in this forum, some posters still think they decide who is or is not a Christian. They are toying with banishment if they continue.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:46 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Despite being reminded repeatedly about the TOS rule that everyone who claims to be a Christian IS a Christian in this forum, some posters still think they decide who is or is not a Christian. They are toying with banishment if they continue.
Huh?
I wonder if Roman catolicism actually teaches the nonsense of being heirs of the Kingdom.
I don't recall Peter ever visiting rome.
Paul may of done so but that's a conversation for another time.
Yeesh,
It's not like people are illiterate are they.
Read!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:54 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,097 times
Paid for and sponsored by?

Old 05-24-2018, 07:49 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,513 times
Quote:

I am very familiar with Roman Catholicism doctrine as I grew up in the Catholic church. Not everything that Pope Francis says is in line with the Scriptures. So, Let us reason together. Do you believe in the Bible? Does it have final authority concerning the Church and its teachings? Can it be overruled by man? Does the Roman Catholic Church overrule the Bible?

Many attacked and maligned the Bible for the purpose to discredit it. Opinions vary on why it is done but many will agree on the reasons; it exposes their sin and their philosophy or doctrine is controlled by the demonic.

The Scriptures are inspired by God. It is without error and is the authority in the Church. Now liars say that we “fundies” worship the Bible. As ridiculous as the accusation may sound, it shows you there is a spiritual warfare going on. The goal of the devil is to attack God’s Word and His people. Satan uses these poor souls like a puppet. Don’t let him treat you like a puppet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity