Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 04:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you are the one saying that the Father's love is bondage and that sinners are being thrown into it.
no the Fathers love is the way to liberty for then is through our choices NOW!
to be subjected to his love NOW !
we are corrupt NOW and when we subject ourselves now. we come into the agreement with HIM now in our corporation we give him our liberty ..

. Then in His love he will set us free from the bondage to sin .. so that we can walk in perfect liberty subjected to no corruption or bondage then for eternity .

here now the corrupt walk in freedom to spread corruption, these will be bound later and thrown into that Love pool you talk about that has all the same qualities as hotel california.....
LOVE never SUBJECTS others.

sub·ject
verb
past tense: subjected; past participle: subjected
səbˈjekt/Submit
cause or force to undergo (a particular experience of form of treatment).
"he'd subjected her to a terrifying ordeal"
synonyms: put through, treat with, expose to
"they were subjected to violence"
bring (a person or country) under one's control or jurisdiction, typically by using force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 04:49 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
LOVE never SUBJECTS others.

sub·ject
verb
past tense: subjected; past participle: subjected
səbˈjekt/Submit
cause or force to undergo (a particular experience of form of treatment).
"he'd subjected her to a terrifying ordeal"
synonyms: put through, treat with, expose to
"they were subjected to violence"
bring (a person or country) under one's control or jurisdiction, typically by using force.

Nor does it coerce.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:30 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
well you two right tell that to the liberal churches and the lawsuits .. and the parades inthe streets ..
which make everyone attend adn even see events they do they do wish to participate in or bake cakes for them either, because that coerce and subjects other too ... swing both ways..
God love is offered free will and he asks us to submit to his kingship..
it is given ( the very defintion of love ) is a free will offering .. in exchange he gives us promises to remove our bondages so that we can one day Live in his kingdom as free children of and in his liberty given to the lawful.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
For a prelude of the lake of fire, take a look at the burning lava boiling over in Hawaii.
Um, no.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
This subject is near and dear to my heart, because over 30 years ago I heard the Almighty speak out of His glory, six words that changed me forever! It was not just the words, but the Presence that was impossible to escape. Then over 10 years later, after hiding the words in my being, my attention was drawn to the thirty unspoken sermons of George MacDonald written 100 years before. My God how He can humble you! But there it was, and NO Rose will not disclose one iota of it. I will say this.... the Lake burns with theion rooted in Theos. The Lake burns continually because it is the Lake of Theos, or lake of Divinity!
I have a good Christian friend who had that same thing spoken to him. I know you didn't spell it out ver batim, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is. God is a consuming fire and burns up all that is useless dross.

Isaiah Chapter 33

1 What sorrow awaits you Assyrians, who have destroyed others

but have never been destroyed yourselves.

You betray others,

but you have never been betrayed.

When you are done destroying,

you will be destroyed.

When you are done betraying,

you will be betrayed.

2 But LORD, be merciful to us,

for we have waited for you.

Be our strong arm each day

and our salvation in times of trouble.

3 The enemy runs at the sound of your voice.

When you stand up, the nations flee!

4 Just as caterpillars and locusts strip the fields and vines,

so the fallen army of Assyria will be stripped!

5 Though the LORD is very great and lives in heaven,

he will make Jerusalem his home of justice and righteousness.

6 In that day he will be your sure foundation,

providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge.

The fear of the LORD will be your treasure.

7 But now your brave warriors weep in public.

Your ambassadors of peace cry in bitter disappointment.

8 Your roads are deserted;

no one travels them anymore.

The Assyrians have broken their peace treaty

and care nothing for the promises they made before witnesses.

They have no respect for anyone.

9 The land of Israel wilts in mourning.

Lebanon withers with shame.

The plain of Sharon is now a wilderness.

Bashan and Carmel have been plundered.

10 But the LORD says: “Now I will stand up.

Now I will show my power and might.

11 You Assyrians produce nothing but dry grass and stubble.

Your own breath will turn to fire and consume you.

12 Your people will be burned up completely,

like thornbushes cut down and tossed in a fire.

13 Listen to what I have done, you nations far away!

And you that are near, acknowledge my might!”

14 The sinners in Jerusalem shake with fear.

Terror seizes the godless.

“Who can live with this devouring fire?” they cry.

“Who can survive this all-consuming fire?”

15Those who are honest and fair,

who refuse to profit by fraud,

who stay far away from bribes,

who refuse to listen to those who plot murder,

who shut their eyes to all enticement to do wrong—

16these are the ones who will dwell on high.

The rocks of the mountains will be their fortress.

Food will be supplied to them,

and they will have water in abundance.

17 Your eyes will see the king in all his splendor,

and you will see a land that stretches into the distance.

18 You will think back to this time of terror, asking,

“Where are the Assyrian officers

who counted our towers?

Where are the bookkeepers

who recorded the plunder taken from our fallen city?”

19 You will no longer see these fierce, violent people

with their strange, unknown language.

20 Instead, you will see Zion as a place of holy festivals.

You will see Jerusalem, a city quiet and secure.

It will be like a tent whose ropes are taut

and whose stakes are firmly fixed.

21The LORD will be our Mighty One.

He will be like a wide river of protection

that no enemy can cross,

that no enemy ship can sail upon.

22For the LORD is our judge,

our lawgiver, and our king.

He will care for us and save us.

23 The enemies’ sails hang loose

on broken masts with useless tackle.

Their treasure will be divided by the people of God.

Even the lame will take their share!

24 The people of Israel will no longer say,

“We are sick and helpless,”

for the LORD will forgive their sins.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:36 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
[color="Navy"]I have a good Christian friend who had that same thing spoken to him. I know you didn't spell it out ver batim, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is. God is a consuming fire and burns up all that is useless dross.

Isaiah Chapter 33
My friend, it is wonderful to behold those who grasp the glory of our Father! Did you know that there is a word in the Sacred writings that speak of the many coloured facets of our glorious Lord. The word for today= poikilos. My God, I hope to begin to grasp greater dimensions of Him!

By the way, your name speaks volumes as does your keen insight into our Father.

As for the six words I have carried in my being these last few years. You have grasped the meaning; our God is indeed consuming fire, and I want to stand as close to Him as I can bear.

"We must all die, and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again. But the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored."

Old 05-27-2018, 09:49 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My friend, it is wonderful to behold those who grasp the glory of our Father! Did you know that there is a word in the Sacred writings that speak of the many coloured facets of our glorious Lord. The word for today= poikilos. My God, I hope to begin to grasp greater dimensions of Him!

By the way, your name speaks volumes as does your keen insight into our Father.

As for the six words I have carried in my being these last few years. You have grasped the meaning; our God is indeed consuming fire, and I want to stand as close to Him as I can bear.

"We must all die, and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again. But the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored."
The verse you posted about us being like water that must be spilled on the ground is one of my favorites. It is such a profound description of how he pours spirit into our vessels which must then be poured out for many throughout our lives, yet he can gather all back again to himself. Christ is the living water - his Father is like a consuming fire.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The verse you posted about us being like water that must be spilled on the ground is one of my favorites. It is such a profound description of how he pours spirit into our vessels which must then be poured out for many throughout our lives, yet he can gather all back again to himself. Christ is the living water - his Father is like a consuming fire.
My dear RainMusic, the majesty of the Eternal One leaves me overwhelmed! He kills, and He makes alive. Everything in His great Plan moves to bringing the all, the ta pante into transformation and change. Like all things invading my wee mind, it is beginning to dawn ever so slightly, that what begins in the mind of an earth-dwelling creature (a caterillar) leads to a creature of the heavenly (a butterfly.) Yes, metamorphoo, is breathing down on the wretched earth dwellers of our race awaiting release from the bondage of corruption!

P.S. our Father is not like consuming fire, our God is consuming fire, and we need preparation by Him to dwell in the everlasting burnings.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:32 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
ALEXANDER THOMSON: The Meaning of Ta Panta
for the christian who wishes to prayerfully consider all things .

Old 05-27-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
ALEXANDER THOMSON: The Meaning of Ta Panta
for the christian who wishes to prayerfully consider all things .
Hi there, my friend...The following is from an old Baptist who taught koine Greek for 47 years at graduate level.

Romans 11:36

"Of him (ex autou), through him (di autou), unto him (ei auton). By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the Source (ex), the Agent (di), the Goal (ei). For ever (ei tou aiwna). "For the ages." Alford terms this doxology in verses Romans 33-36 "the sublimest apostrophe existing even in the pages of inspiration itself."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity