Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 08:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Again, use the Biblical term rather than your pet phrase. Otherwise you are simply arguing against a non-Biblical term. The term used in the Bible is 'eternal fire' or 'the lake of fire.' This is the place to which the Bible says the unsaved are sent.
Mike, it also says the timid or fearful, have you ever asked yourself why?
What have the timid or fearful done that would be deserving of damnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
None of you people on this forum are capable of making any kind of intelligent argument to support your arguments for universalism. The Bible teaches eternal condemnation as has been shown and you can't handle it, so you just bark nuh uh. Pathetic.
That's your arrogant opinion, and no it doesn't!
But I am touched by your weak emotionalism.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:27 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I did not add anything but what the context of all of Paul's and John's letters allow and require - FAITH. You are still having trouble aren't you? And it is ironic that you accuse me of this when it is you who say things that no scripture says anywhere.
still can't find what you want in context, thought not.

The problem is when I do what you just finished doing you said I need a brain operation. Guess I will see you on the table

Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's your arrogant opinion, and no it doesn't!
But I am touched by your weak emotionalism.
Don't ever disagree with Mike or the atheist version of him Shiloh, they will "try" to belittle you with their arrogance and quote every post of theirs where they "think" they have put you in your place. God does not intend to save all is one of the most dispicable things i have ever read on here, and no amount of back tracking from him will change that is what he meant.

Quote:
No, He does not intend to save all people.
He needs to repent for believing such a thing.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
If you think that Gen.1:26-27 is future you are worse than I thought at exegesis. That already happened prior to Gen.5 Nowhere in Genesis one is there anything about God's plan to do so in the future. You are all over the place fumbling around in the dark.
Lol Gen.1:27-28 is a prophesy of Christ and us in Christ.

Who was the man made in Gods image and likeness? Jesus Christ

The first man Adam was of the earth earthy and we as of right now bare his image but we shall bare the image of the heavenly or the image of CHRIST OR THE IMAGE OF THE FATHER, either one will work.

Try reading 1 Co.15 and then try making Gen.1:26-28 fit the first man Adam. square peg, round hole

Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Lol Gen.1:27-28 is a prophesy of Christ and us in Christ.

Who was the man made in Gods image and likeness? Jesus Christ

The first man Adam was of the earth earthy and we as of right now bare his image but we shall bare the image of the heavenly or the image of CHRIST OR THE IMAGE OF THE FATHER, either one will work.

Try reading 1 Co.15 and then try making Gen.1:26-28 fit the first man Adam. square peg, round hole
Further proof that Shiloh is using bias not exegesis to support what he "thinks" the scriptures are saying.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
All will be compelled to recognize that Christ is Lord of all. That includes His defeated enemies who will be forever separated from Him in the lake of fire. Recognizing the Lordship of Christ is not the same as placing your faith in Him for salvation. And it's not the same as wanting anything to do with Him. It's simply a matter of recognizing that you are in subjection to Him whether or not you want to be.

Demons know who Jesus is, and they know that they are doomed.
Matthew 8:28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29] And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"
Nothing in the scripture stating every knee shall bow and tongue confess in context or syntax points to this being done by compunction. it is done freely,it done in reverential worship, and it is done joyfully. so how does that = compunction.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Adam is Mankind, not one individual.
That is way over his head. He thinks Gen.1:26-27 is about 1 man named adam

Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
No I am not, I am arguing from the position of context and grammar.
and yet you add the aspect of through grace to Jesus Christ is the savior of all men, specially of those that believe.

Please show us in context and grammar where this through grace is to be seen in those scriptures.

You are simply adding your own understanding to that scripture and saying that is what that scripture means. it has NOTHING to do with what is in context or grammar.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Again, use the Biblical term rather than your pet phrase. Otherwise you are simply arguing against a non-Biblical term. The term used in the Bible is 'eternal fire' or 'the lake of fire.' This is the place to which the Bible says the unsaved are sent.

Hey guys have any of you seen this eternal fire? surely a fire that has always been around and can never go out must have been seen by someone some were.

our God who is a consuming fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity