Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

If christians for one minute contemplated that God sees them faultless and blameless in his sight, then looked through the eyes of God to see that he sess the whole world in the same manner, there would be an outpouring of the love of God never known before. If you cannot see the world this way it is for one reason only, you don't want to, because the truth is you can, because if you believe the scriptures the love of God has been shed abroad in you hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes, God judges. And God the Father has given judgment to God the Son to execute. You either believe the Bible or you don't.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/sear...=s_primary_0_1

Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If christians for one minute contemplated that God sees them faultless and blameless in his sight, then looked through the eyes of God to see that he sees the whole world in the same manner, there would be an outpouring of the love of God never known before. If you cannot see the world this way it is for one reason only, you don't want to, because the truth is you can, because if you believe the scriptures the love of God has been shed abroad in you hearts.
My friend, again you have cut to the chase! One thing for me is certain, without a major intervention from/by/thru Abba we walk about as blind men and deaf to heaven to boot!

"Systematic theology - be careful how you tie down the Word to fit your set and final creeds, systems, dogmas, and organized theistic philosophies! The Word of God is not bound! It's free to say what it will to the individual, and no one can outline it into dispensations which cannot be broken." - Jim Elliot-

Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I've speculating before that those who think they are part of the few are actually the many. I mean come on, who doesn't like to think they are unique? There's nothing wrong with that if it doesn't go too far.
It's Jesus' words of truth that offend you.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Jesus said that the Father has given all judgment to Him. In John 5:22-30, the the passage speaks of judgment with reference to those who will be resurrected to life, and those who will be resurrected to judgment.
John 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
23] that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
24] Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
25] “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26] For as the Father has life in Himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in Himself.
27] And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
28] Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear His voice
29]and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
30] “I can do nothing on My own. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I seek not My own will but the will of Him who sent Me.
In Revelation 20:11:15 it is Jesus who sits on the great white throne in judgment and sends into the lake of fire all whose names are not found in the book of life.
Revelation 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
12] And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
13] And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
14] Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
15] And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
And a thousand years before that great white throne judgment, when Jesus returns to the earth to establish His Kingdom upon the earth, He will hold the judgment of the nations which is described in Matthew 25:31-46. During the Tribulation, believers in Christ and unbelievers will be distinguished by how they treat the Jews.
Matthew 25:31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
32] "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
33] and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
34] "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35] For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36] naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
37] "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
38] 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
39] 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40] And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
41] "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
42] for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
43] I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'
44] "Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'
45] "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46] "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Yes, God judges. And God the Father has given judgment to God the Son to execute. You either believe the Bible or you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
I already quoted John 5:30. The judgment is just that some will be resurrected to life while others will be resurrected to judgment.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Sacred to who?

Paul the impostor is not sacred.
How can you believe in the Holy Scriptures and yet revile Brother Paul who was a chosen vessel to take the Gospel to the Gentiles? If His teachings are hard for you to understand, then seek the Lord for understanding. God made people with different personalities and traits, so perhaps you're not looking beyond your limitations when viewing Brother Paul's writings. I truly pray for you, as I see potential.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did Jesus teach such a way ?.
Jesus was in the Psalms, but only a discerning heart can see it.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I already quoted John 5:30. The judgment is just that some will be resurrected to life while others will be resurrected to judgment.
Mike, I rest in complete confidence in the Saviour of all mankind! His judgement is indeed just, because He and Abba are one! Being raised to judgement will be a painful experience, but in the end the Source of the all, is the Goal of the all!

Old 06-03-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus was in the Psalms, but only a discerning heart can see it.
That I believe! Now show us one time the Master of salvation spoke of Abba in the terms of the OP. One time!

Old 06-03-2018, 08:09 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
11. God is a righteous judge, Yea, a God that hath indignation every day.

12. If a man turn not, he will whet his sword; He hath bent his bow, and made it ready.

13. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; He maketh his arrows fiery shafts. (Psalm 7)
Aren't you just a ball of sunshine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity