Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 01:49 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not just believers, or "overcomers." Everyone is judged - believer, or non.
I know... one's destination does not depend on judgment and works, but on one's relationship with Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
A God who knows evil...!? ...oh my!, even though the presumption is obviously 'without sin', that has to be pretty close to blasphemy. ...I suppose I jest - I don't take it seriously, perhaps and hopefully because I appreciate there's no such thing as blasphemy, except in the heart of the judgemental.

This just shows how far the sin narrative gets pushed by a literal and dare I say carnal mindset. Just how much other nonsense have we projected onto Abba.

May I ask a question then (?):. How much death does life know? - A little bit, most of it, or none at all...?
Yes - a God that knows evil. It is not a God who does evil.

If He created a Tree of Good and Evil, He needs to know evil, correct?

Death does not know anything. Death is separation from life.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes - a God that knows evil. It is not a God who does evil.

If He created a Tree of Good and Evil, He needs to know evil, correct?

Death does not know anything. Death is separation from life.
If, yes, if, absolutely.

IF one believes 'God created a tree'...., then yes, he would know evil. That is the biblical narrative, but the reason I picked up on your comment is because that whole concept has become very odd, even anathema to me - and it's why it stuck out to me like a sore thumb, ...because it is evident that man made up the story about God "putting a 'tree' (and a command/choice) into the garden" and then projected it onto God, ...effectively saying that it is all His fault. And here's the reason why...

Death and life as spiritual forces are not miscible (cannot be mixed together) both in terms of God the Father's nature and how they work in us - indeed they are two 'opposite' forces, such that one cannot know the other. That is why he overlooks 'sin' - He doesn't count it against us - because He knows we "know not" what we are doing.

Evil was created by the enactment of the law of sin and death - but God did not create that - it was created by man's faith/belief in man's notion of separation (from Father), then fear, then blame, control and judgement. Man's faith/belief has spiritual creative power, whether it is placed in a lie or in The Truth.

God, does not know death, or evil - that 'opposite' is not working in Him, either in His thoughts (cognitively) or in His actions (outward behaviour) at all!, ...period.

He ONLY has a ministry of LIFE. ...Ask him, if you don't believe me.

...this is the whole basis of what righteous judgement really means.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:20 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Adam sinned and God took him out of the garden of Eden and put God`s angelic host to protect the tree of life ...... See Adam did eat from the tree as He lived for 930 years before he died ...... If Adam ate from the tree of life after he sinned against God then the whole human race would have been condemned like the demons and the fallen angels with No salvation from Jesus would have come ............Then , even Angels are not just imaginary conjecture of ideas , where I witnessed two a few years ago , as two messenger Holy Angels flew by me , were both had pure white wings like doves feathers and then disappeared in the spirit .. Glory to God

Old 06-04-2018, 03:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Adam sinned and God took him out of the garden of Eden and put God`s angelic host to protect the tree of life ...... See Adam did eat from the tree as He lived for 930 years before he died ...... If Adam ate from the tree of life after he sinned against God then the whole human race would have been condemned like the demons and the fallen angels with No salvation from Jesus would have come ............Then , even Angels are not just imaginary conjecture of ideas , where I witnessed two a few years ago , as two messenger Holy Angels flew by me , were both had pure white wings like doves feathers and then disappeared in the spirit .. Glory to God

Amen. I've had a visitation, too, and saw the pure white feathers. Blessings...

Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know... one's destination does not depend on judgment and works, but on one's relationship with Christ.
Wrong.

You'll find out.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
I awoke today with the flaming swords of the Lord upon my heart.

The question: Why is the Tree Of Life guarded by heavenly beings with flaming swords swirling in every direction?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/gene...4-compare.html
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8167#v=24

Old 06-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
If, yes, if, absolutely.

IF one believes 'God created a tree'...., then yes, he would know evil. That is the biblical narrative, but the reason I picked up on your comment is because that whole concept has become very odd, even anathema to me - and it's why it stuck out to me like a sore thumb, ...because it is evident that man made up the story about God "putting a 'tree' (and a command/choice) into the garden" and then projected it onto God, ...effectively saying that it is all His fault. And here's the reason why...

Death and life as spiritual forces are not miscible (cannot be mixed together) both in terms of God the Father's nature and how they work in us - indeed they are two 'opposite' forces, such that one cannot know the other. That is why he overlooks 'sin' - He doesn't count it against us - because He knows we "know not" what we are doing.

Evil was created by the enactment of the law of sin and death - but God did not create that - it was created by man's faith/belief in man's notion of separation (from Father), then fear, then blame, control and judgement. Man's faith/belief has spiritual creative power, whether it is placed in a lie or in The Truth.

God, does not know death, or evil - that 'opposite' is not working in Him, either in His thoughts (cognitively) or in His actions (outward behaviour) at all!, ...period.

He ONLY has a ministry of LIFE. ...Ask him, if you don't believe me.

...this is the whole basis of what righteous judgement really means.
Then there is really nothing to discuss since you don't think it's real.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:09 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Thank you Richard. Do you have any comments?

And He drove the man out, and He stationed from the east of the Garden of Eden the cherubim and the blade of the revolving sword, to guard the way to the Tree of Life.

כדוַיְגָ֖רֶשׁ אֶת־הָֽאָדָ֑ם וַיַּשְׁכֵּן֩ מִקֶּ֨דֶם לְגַן־עֵ֜דֶן אֶת־הַכְּרֻבִ֗ים וְאֵ֨ת לַ֤הַט הַחֶ֨רֶב֙ הַמִּתְהַפֶּ֔כֶת לִשְׁמֹ֕ר אֶת־דֶּ֖רֶךְ עֵ֥ץ הַֽחַיִּֽים:
«
Why does the Lord guard the way to the Tree of Life with a revolving sword?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:32 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Thank you Richard. Do you have any comments?

And He drove the man out, and He stationed from the east of the Garden of Eden the cherubim and the blade of the revolving sword, to guard the way to the Tree of Life.

כדוַיְגָ֖רֶשׁ אֶת־הָֽאָדָ֑ם וַיַּשְׁכֵּן֩ מִקֶּ֨דֶם לְגַן־עֵ֜דֶן אֶת־הַכְּרֻבִ֗ים וְאֵ֨ת לַ֤הַט הַחֶ֨רֶב֙ הַמִּתְהַפֶּ֔כֶת לִשְׁמֹ֕ר אֶת־דֶּ֖רֶךְ עֵ֥ץ הַֽחַיִּֽים:
«
Why does the Lord guard the way to the Tree of Life with a revolving sword?
It is metaphor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity