Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:12 AM

9 posts, read 3,630 times

Advertisements

On First Receiving the Gospel, I Was Dubious About God’s Existence

One day in October, 2016, ...

Moderator note: The remainder of the post is deleted because it violates the Terms Of Service, wherein it says:

Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

You can probably find the entire document at one of these web sites: findshepherd.com, christforums.org and rainbowtoken.com.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-06-2018 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 07:23 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
This is a wonderful testimony to our Father's great love for us. Thank you for taking the time to post it for us all!

“The work of Christ on the cross did not influence God to love us, did not increase that love by one degree, did not open any fount of grace or mercy in His heart. He had loved us from old eternity and needed nothing to stimulate that love. The cross is not responsible for God's love; rather it was His love which conceived the cross as the one method by which we could be saved. God felt no different toward us after Christ had died for us, for in the mind of God Christ had already died before the foundation of the world. God never saw us except through atonement. The human race could not have existed one day in its fallen state had not Christ spread His mantle of atonement over it. And this He did in eternal purpose long ages before they led Him out to die on the hill above Jerusalem. All God's dealings with man have been conditioned upon the cross.” - A.W. Tozer

Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
1. Where was this copied from? Is there a reason you didn't post a link?

2. Is there any record of this with the hospital and doctors? I'd love to see a verified account of it.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
That sucks! The kid was on his way to jesus.

How is saving a child from being in the presence of jesus for all eternity, a miracle?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

How is saving a child from being in the presence of jesus for all eternity, a miracle?
Yes. If God wants to save the child and God wants to leave that child here to influence and bring others to him, of course it's good. And a miracle.

But I'd like to see some actual documentation of it rather than a story copied and pasted from who-knows-where.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:10 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
A well-constructed, near-professional essay/testimonial which can also be found posted at: findshepherd.com, christforums.org and rainbowtoken.com.

I suspect it will be appearing at more Christian websites soon.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:14 AM

736 posts, read 456,269 times
Tldr

Old 06-06-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. If God wants to save the child and God wants to leave that child here to influence and bring others to him, of course it's good. And a miracle.

But I'd like to see some actual documentation of it rather than a story copied and pasted from who-knows-where.
“If god wants” so god DOES have free will. God was fully aware the child was to have its life snuffed out by a peanut and allowed it to happen.

God also waited for millennia to watch this happen.

What a god to warship

Old 06-06-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
“If god wants” so god DOES have free will. God was fully aware the child was to have its life snuffed out by a peanut and allowed it to happen.

God also waited for millennia to watch this happen.

What a god to warship
Yes. God is God. You are not. I am not. You may not like who he is, or what he is. But that's irrelevant. We, as the Creation, do not get a vote in the matter. He is what He is, whether we like it or not.

I recall the song, "I fought the Law, and the Law won". The one that fights "the Law", loses. Doesn't matter if the singer felt he was right or good...he lost. Your disdain for said God, or Law, is not even part of the equation. It has no bearing. You can choose to fight him all day long, or you can recognize that He's God and bow the knee. Your choice.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. God is God. You are not. I am not. You may not like who he is, or what he is. But that's irrelevant. We, as the Creation, do not get a vote in the matter. He is what He is, whether we like it or not.

I recall the song, "I fought the Law, and the Law won". The one that fights "the Law", loses. Doesn't matter if the singer felt he was right or good...he lost. Your disdain for said God, or Law, is not even part of the equation. It has no bearing. You can choose to fight him all day long, or you can recognize that He's God and bow the knee. Your choice.
Lol

If someone fought the law and won, would that person let anyone know about it?

You crack me up BFun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity