Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 06:55 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
kind of like claiming a person is human but also the son of a human.

hmm, are we using this understanding to help or as a weapon?
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 01:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
Sorry missed your point, I don't believe in the trinity or that Jesus is God or that Jesus was created.

If Jesus isn't God, he most certainly was created--He tells you that at Prov 8: 22-25-- explains it all. Jesus is the speaker at Prov 8. All that know him know its truth. The NT backs those words-Collosians 1:15--The firstborn of all creation.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:50 PM

168 posts, read 69,416 times
Quote:
Of course Jesus is not Almighty God, Jesus is also not part of a trinity and Jesus was not created.
1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

Notice what it says, God sent his only begotten son. It doesn't say he sent him then he was the only begotten. He was begotten(born) before he was sent.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him (God) who begot(birthed) also loves him (Jesus Christ) who is begotten(born) of Him (Father God).

hebrews 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? Are not the angels sons of God? Why couldn't he say that to the angels? Because the angels are created and the son is truly born from his father.

Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. To say he is first born of all creation contradicts all the other scriptures.

Hebrews 1:8 says, “But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Look up the greek word for begotten. The bible makes it very clear that in heaven Jesus was born from Almighty God and because he was born from God that makes him a God, but in subjection to the father. Elohim is plural...in the beginning elohim created the heavens and the earth.

Who walked in the garden of eden with Adam? Who wrestled with Jacob? Who spoke to Moses and who did Moses see? (John 1:18) No one has seen God at any time... Who?

I present the truth, take it or leave it, but to deny the truth of Christ is to deny his father also.
kjw47,

We have been thru this, Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. To say he is first born of all creation contradicts all the other scriptures. πά¦σης

πά¦σης
pah‑seys- meanings - all; of one only, all of him; of one in a number, any; of several, every; in plural, all.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over(of) all creation.

the over or of is not in the greek, it is added by the translator based on how they believe.

Before the mountains were established, prior to the hills, I was given birth

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I was brought forth

Before the mountains were settled: and before the hills, was I begotten

before the mountains were set in place— before the hills—I was born

#2342 חוּל chuwl {khool}
or חוּל chiyl {kheel}

1) to twist, whirl, dance, writhe, fear, tremble, travail, be in
anguish, be pained
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to dance
1a2) to twist, writhe
1a3) to whirl, whirl about
1b) (Polel)
1b1) to dance
1b2) to writhe (in travail with), bear, bring forth
1b3) to wait anxiously
1c) (Pulal)
1c1) to be made to writhe, be made to bear
1c2) to be brought forth
1d) (Hophal) to be born

So again based on the translator, it can be brought forth or to be born

It still needs to be in harmony with the rest of the scriptures.

1 John 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him (God) who begot(birthed) also loves him (Jesus Christ) who is begotten(born) of Him (Father God).

γεννάω gennaō: of men who fathered children, to be born, to be begotten, of women giving birth to children

The KJV translates Strong's G1080 in the following manner: begat (49x), be born (39x), bear (2x), gender (2x), bring forth (1x), be delivered (1x), miscellaneous (3x).

1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

Notice what it says, God sent his only begotten son. It doesn't say he sent him then he was the only begotten. He was begotten(born) before he was sent.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If Jesus isn't God, he most certainly was created--He tells you that at Prov 8: 22-25-- explains it all. Jesus is the speaker at Prov 8. All that know him know its truth. The NT backs those words-Collosians 1:15--The firstborn of all creation.
Yes it is JESUS who speak at Proverbs 8:22 and 32-36

Proverbs 8:32 "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways."

Keep his "ways". that's God

Proverbs 8:33 "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Proverbs 8:34 "Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors".
again that's God,
Ezekiel 3:27 "But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

Proverbs 8:35 "For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it".

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death".
is not all sin against God, and all souls are his?,
Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

so yes, that's the Lord Jesus Speaking.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:35 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Disregard all that 101c says, he would rather embrace the lie than the love of the truth.
Are you looking for something?

Bring the Word.!

Old 07-27-2018, 07:51 PM

168 posts, read 69,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Are you looking for something?

Bring the Word.!
I'm sorry, I don't follow?

Old 07-31-2018, 05:52 AM

The Son of God is God the Spirit, now glorified.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:39 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Yes it is JESUS who speak at Proverbs 8:22 and 32-36

Proverbs 8:32 "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways."

Keep his "ways". that's God

Proverbs 8:33 "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Proverbs 8:34 "Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors".
again that's God,
Ezekiel 3:27 "But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

Proverbs 8:35 "For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it".

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death".
is not all sin against God, and all souls are his?,
Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

so yes, that's the Lord Jesus Speaking.

Again false reasoning on your part. Jesus way is his Fathers will-John 5:30) Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his Fathers will. It does not make him God. it all orginates with the Father. The true followers live 24/7,365 doing Jesus Fathers will as well-Matt 7:21--or they better be.
It is speaking of the Father-YHVH at Ezekial 18:4

Yes one must go through Jesus to get to the Father to accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24---Most cant get by Jesus-He warned all about that--John 15:20-21

Old 07-31-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Again false reasoning on your part. Jesus way is his Fathers will-John 5:30) Jesus lives 24/7,365 to do his Fathers will. It does not make him God. it all orginates with the Father. The true followers live 24/7,365 doing Jesus Fathers will as well-Matt 7:21--or they better be.
It is speaking of the Father-YHVH at Ezekial 18:4

Yes one must go through Jesus to get to the Father to accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24---Most cant get by Jesus-He warned all about that--John 15:20-21
Error on your part, JESUS is God, diversified/shared in flesh. kjw47 you and may others cannot answer the basic questions concering the Son of God. please answer these question for starters.

#1. Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass".

this is the Son of God addressing the church at Thyatira right? read his address to this church, and when you get to verse 29 tell us who is speaking to the churches.

#2. let's stay in the same letter to the church in Thyatira. notice verse 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works".

he, the Son of God, JESUS, said, "I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts". now, Psalms 7:9 "Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins".

Jeremiah 11:20 "But, O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously, that triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause".

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings".

here clearly the LORD, that's with all caps, says he, "I" search the heart, and "I" try the reins.

but the Lord JESUS, the Son of God says, "he" search the heart, and "he" try the reins

kjw47, please tell us who else beside God can trieth the hearts and reins? if so post the scripture, I'll be looking for your answer.

make sure you give book, chapter, and verse please.

Peace in Christ Jesus, Yeshua.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:12 AM

Jesus Christ is God shared in flesh. do the apostles agree?

The Apostle Paul. 1 Corinthians 10:2 "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1 Corinthians 10:3 "And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1 Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ".

here, clearly the apostle Paul tells us that Christ is Spirit in the OT, and in the OT he is called the "ROCK". who is called the "ROCK" in the OT? Listen to Moses,

Deuteronomy 32:1 "Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

Deuteronomy 32:2 "My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Deuteronomy 32:3 "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

Deuteronomy 32:4 "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he".

God is the "ROCK" which is the Lord JESUS, and Moses said that he is a God of "TRUTH". that's Jesus for he said "I am the Truth". and is not the Holy Spirit the Spirit of Truth?

right here we have JESUS as God, who is the Holy Spirit, the only true God.

The Apostle Peter, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

here again Christ is referred to as a "Spirit", people are we getting this? there is only "ONE" Spirit and Christ is that ONE Spirit shared in flesh.

Christ without flesh, without bone, and without blood in the OT. "SPIRIT".

Peace in Christ Yeshua, Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity