Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 11:15 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Jesus taught his followers the Lord's Prayer, which has us pray to God the Father. He also has all those who are burdened to come unto him (not unto God) and he will give them rest. But, again, he himself prayed the Father to forgive those who persecuted him.

Many Christians see Jesus as God. It seems a minority see Jesus as son of God. Does it matter? if so, how?
The "God of Abraham" was the "God most high" of the Mesopotamian and Canaanite pantheon. This is hardly surprising, since Abraham was himself from the Mesopotamian city of Ur.

Genesis 11:
[31] And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

The "God most high of Abraham was known as EL, El Elyon, or El the Bull.
The "God Most High" of Melchizedek was the city deity of Canaanite Jerusalem, Elyon. "The title Elyon is probably not Israelite. Genesis 14 identifies El-elyon with the god worshipped by Melchizedek at Jerusalem, and identifies this deity with the God of the fathers worshipped by Abraham" (Dictionary of the Bible, p.316, by father John L. McKenzie S.J.).

Wikipedia
El (diety)

’Ēl (or ’Il, written aleph-lamedh, e.g. Ugaritic: 𐎛𐎍; Phoenician: 𐤀𐤋;[1] Hebrew: אל‬; Syriac: ܐܠ‎; Arabic: إل‎ or إله‎; cognate to Akkadian: 𒀭, translit. ilu) is a Northwest Semitic word meaning "god" or "deity", or referring (as a proper name) to any one of multiple major ancient Near Eastern deities. A rarer form, 'ila, represents the predicate form in Old Akkadian and in Amorite.[2] The word is derived from the Proto-Semitic archaic biliteral ʾ‑l, meaning "god".

Specific deities known as ʾEl or ʾIl include the supreme god of the ancient Canaanite religion[3] and the supreme god of East Semitic speakers in the Early Dynastic Period.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

Wikipedia
Elyon
(Biblical Hebrew; Masoretic ?Elyon; traditionally rendered in Samaritan as illiyyon, is an epithet of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible. ?El ?Elyon is usually rendered in English as "God Most High", and similarly in the Septuagint as "? T??S ? ???S??S" ("God the highest")
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elyon

Wikipedia
Holy Spirit (Judaism)
The Holy Spirit in Judaism generally refers to the divine aspect of prophecy and wisdom. It also refers to the divine force, quality, and influence of God Most High (Hebrew El Elyon) over the universe or over God's creatures, in given contexts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit_(Judaism)

El also had many sons.

Wikipedia
El
The Eternal One (‘Olam) has made a covenant oath with us,
Asherah has made (a pact) with us.
And all the sons of El,
And the great council of all the Holy Ones.
With oaths of Heaven and Ancient Earth.

In some inscriptions, the name ’El qone ’ar? meaning "'El creator of Earth" appears, even including a late inscription at Leptis Magna in Tripolitania dating to the second century. In Hittite texts, the expression becomes the single name Ilkunirsa, this Ilkunirsa appearing as the husband of Asherdu (Asherah) and father of 77 or 88 sons.

In a Hurrian hymn to 'El (published in Ugaritica V, text RS 24.278), he is called ’il brt and ’il dn which Cross (p. 39) takes as ''El of the covenant' and ''El the judge' respectively.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity

So there you have it. In the original ancient belief, God most high had dozens of sons. Take your pick and call him Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 12:14 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Hosea 2:16 "And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.

Hosea 2:17 "For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name".

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

when was that day? let the bible answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

Only if you "believe", John 20:27 "Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

belief makes the difference.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, Jesus the only true God.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
First thanks for the post, but I'm not following you.

you said, "when in front of men the father right arm joined with the son of a human king.
it is a Living document and there is clear scripture that one part of the Lord is from before ancient and the other part is just old.. but not that old.
So Jessu is two .

may I asks concering "the father right arm joined with the son of a human king".

is not the Son the ARM of God, see, and or read Isaiah chapter 53.

now "You are My Son". coming from Psalms and Hebrews, how are you using the term son, A. in a biological sense, or B. in the metaphorical sense of prominent moral characteristics or character. which one?.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, the Lord Jesus the ETERNAL ONE.
at his baptism like at our baptism.. we become children of God.. because he deposits some of himself in each of us .. as a promise to glorify us all completely as he did his own son/ the right arm + Jesus "the dead son of king David" but Jesus was fully glorified and with the keys to hell and he is our Goal. we shall all be glorified like he was and we will become like him when we overcome death BY his keys.

That Son of a king , the second Adam. a new kind of creation . he wants brothers and sisters and family and a kingdom of his Father in heaven of his creation/creature ! to live forever young for all eternity on earth in the flesh , love and being loved .... as it is in Our Father's heavenly kingdom but with earthly bodies
that will not decay.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:54 PM

38 posts, read 14,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
he deposits some of himself in each of us ..
Never heard THIS before!
Don't you mean "Themselves" instead of "Himself"?

What's this 'deposit'?

Old 08-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
Never heard THIS before!
Don't you mean "Themselves" instead of "Himself"?

What's this 'deposit'?
the Fathers spirit.. the dove " like a dove" like tongues of of fire on the disciples... a deposit he place there to raise us and in the spirit it is that light on a hill that we are to be .
if it is Jesus spirit Jesus got it from Jehovah( pre-new testament arm plus Jesus son of king David) and got it from Father God.. either way, you want to think about it , it comes from God first.
on Channukah when Jesus was standing in the temple they picked up stones to stone him .. because he said there he was the author/ father of light. he said that because that part of him that is Jehovah was the author of creation using the keys that Father gave him to do it. that part of God with the keys of creation became one with the son of King David , that son who died for Israel twice.. he did not die for Israel just once, but twice..

Father was the first to crucify himself / to be broken to make room for relationships with his creation by depositing tiny parts of himself in us . so that we can become grown in him. so that someday he can dwell with men face to face.
seee the last chapter of rev.. and new city .. where there is no temple and no sun... and the Father walks there with all there.
the Goal was God always wanted a family and he kept trying.. but people don't want to do that usually.
but for all that don't mind taking that difficult journey.. the reward is a relationship with Our creator and author of life and his right arm( his son).

Old 08-09-2018, 05:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
What's this 'deposit'?
My input would be different..
The light that lighteth every man that cometh into this world.
Or simply put A conscience...

When this 'deposit' leaves your body...you don't have time to sit down or straighten your tie...
your knees buckle and down you go and warmth begins to leave your body ...it is the 'thing' (this deposit) that is making your fingernails grow at this moment.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
at his baptism like at our baptism.. we become children of God.. because he deposits some of himself in each of us .. as a promise to glorify us all completely as he did his own son/ the right arm + Jesus "the dead son of king David" but Jesus was fully glorified and with the keys to hell and he is our Goal. we shall all be glorified like he was and we will become like him when we overcome death BY his keys.

That Son of a king , the second Adam. a new kind of creation . he wants brothers and sisters and family and a kingdom of his Father in heaven of his creation/creature ! to live forever young for all eternity on earth in the flesh , love and being loved .... as it is in Our Father's heavenly kingdom but with earthly bodies
that will not decay.
First thanks for the response. Second, you said, "his own son/ the right arm + Jesus "the dead son of king David" I'm not following you here.

A. "his own son/ the right arm + Jesus". please explain. is not the Lord Jesus the Right ARM of God?

B. "the dead son of king David". please explain here also. was not the blood given, which is the "life" of all flesh, the body, (see Lev 17:11 & 14), but livest now forevermore?.

That Son of a king , the second Adam. a new kind of creation . he wants brothers and sisters and family and a kingdom of his Father in heaven of his creation/creature ! to live forever young for all eternity on earth in the flesh

C. "That Son of a king". "the second Adam. a new kind of creation".
is not the Son a Prince, (see Rev 1:5), and coming KING? (see 1 Timothy 6:15), and (rev 19:16)

D. "the second Adam. a new kind of creation". 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit".

1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual".

do not this answer B. above?.

PICYOTG

Old 08-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
the Fathers spirit.. the dove " like a dove" like tongues of of fire on the disciples... a deposit he place there to raise us and in the spirit it is that light on a hill that we are to be .
if it is Jesus spirit Jesus got it from Jehovah( pre-new testament arm plus Jesus son of king David) and got it from Father God.. either way, you want to think about it , it comes from God first.
on Channukah when Jesus was standing in the temple they picked up stones to stone him .. because he said there he was the author/ father of light. he said that because that part of him that is Jehovah was the author of creation using the keys that Father gave him to do it. that part of God with the keys of creation became one with the son of King David , that son who died for Israel twice.. he did not die for Israel just once, but twice..

Father was the first to crucify himself / to be broken to make room for relationships with his creation by depositing tiny parts of himself in us . so that we can become grown in him. so that someday he can dwell with men face to face.
seee the last chapter of rev.. and new city .. where there is no temple and no sun... and the Father walks there with all there.
the Goal was God always wanted a family and he kept trying.. but people don't want to do that usually.
but for all that don't mind taking that difficult journey.. the reward is a relationship with Our creator and author of life and his right arm( his son).
Again thanks for the post.

you said, "he said that because that part of him that is Jehovah was the author of creation using the keys that Father gave him to do it."

I must have to disagree with that assessment. scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

only one person created everything, that I agree. but here's your problem. the scripture states that the LORD "alone", and "by himself" made everything, read that verse again. so, are you prepared to say that the Lord Jesus made everything, who is the LORD, (all caps?). yes or no, will be looking for your answer.

PICYOTG

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Again thanks for the post.

you said, "he said that because that part of him that is Jehovah was the author of creation using the keys that Father gave him to do it."

I must have to disagree with that assessment. scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

only one person created everything, that I agree. but here's your problem. the scripture states that the LORD "alone", and "by himself" made everything, read that verse again. so, are you prepared to say that the Lord Jesus made everything, who is the LORD, (all caps?). yes or no, will be looking for your answer.

PICYOTG
NO Jehovah a spirit being made everything.. the spirit of Jehovah became one with the son/ man of David at the baptism.. yes at the baptism! who of the angels did God ever say "today I have Begot you" and Father said that in front of men. as an eyewitnessed legal living document!

at Jesus baptism, it was an eyewitnessed legallly binding event. and anything that men need to understand about it is found in his word and in that story .. the son of God is two parts a man and a spirit and they both brought their stuff to the negotiation table and it was all legally binding in front of John the baptist who Jesus calls him the greatest man of men up to that time.

. and it happens exactly the same for us . at the infilling of the holy spirit which usually isn't at the sametime as our water baptism. though. we have three separate events while Jesus infilling was all at once. and sometimes it happens all at once for us but it is more rare I think. .

SO David son the ONE GREATER OLDER than SOLOMON( his name means HIS REPLACEMENT ) The son who died for David sins. The son who if he hadn't died David would have died for his own sins and no Solomon and no temples and no israel probably .. that son who died for Israel twice is Jesus with the HOLY SPirit of Jehovah Our creator in him. now they are one being , Because on That day he became " begotten of God" thus the son of God..
God never said that to any angel!!

Old 08-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
NO Jehovah a spirit being made everything.. the spirit of Jehovah became one with the son/ man of David at the baptism.. yes at the baptism! who of the angels did God ever say "today I have Begot you" and Father said that in front of men. as an eyewitnessed legal living document!

at Jesus baptism, it was an eyewitnessed legallly binding event. and anything that men need to understand about it is found in his word and in that story .. the son of God is two parts a man and a spirit and they both brought their stuff to the negotiation table and it was all legally binding in front of John the baptist who Jesus calls him the greatest man of men up to that time.

. and it happens exactly the same for us . at the infilling of the holy spirit which usually isn't at the sametime as our water baptism. though. we have three separate events while Jesus infilling was all at once. and sometimes it happens all at once for us but it is more rare I think. .

SO David son the ONE GREATER OLDER than SOLOMON( his name means HIS REPLACEMENT ) The son who died for David sins. The son who if he hadn't died David would have died for his own sins and no Solomon and no temples and no israel probably .. that son who died for Israel twice is Jesus with the HOLY SPirit of Jehovah Our creator in him. now they are one being , Because on That day he became " begotten of God" thus the son of God..
God never said that to any angel!!
thanks for the response. I just look at your post.

first things first, you said, "NO Jehovah a spirit being made everything.. the spirit of Jehovah became one with the son/ man of David at the baptism".

#1. the Spirit of God is God, there is no difference, (see John 4:24a). so what you're saying is that your Jehovah became ONE with the son/man of David. so other word, are you saying your Jehovah is the son as a man?.

#2. you said, "Jehovah a spirit being made everything". ok, question, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

is this WORD here in John 1:3 your Jehovah, a spirit being? because, the prophet Isaiah say the LORD, all caps made everything,

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

so which one is your Jehovah, the LORD or the word? which one.

PICYOTG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity