Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 06:24 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was referred to as G-d by the author of Hebrews 1...
Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

I suggest one read this verse carefully, God came and SAVED us, and he was in flesh when he did it. now the ten million dollar and 38 cent question is how did God do it. How did God get in flesh and still be God all the time?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why do you insist on misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity? The Trinitarian doctrine does not say that Jesus is the Father, but that He is the second person of the Trinity. He is the Son. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

John 1:1 clearly states that the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Therefore, while the Son is God, He is not the Father.
that make no sense. there is one GOD only, if he was "with" and is God, then he is the Father, but how? Father and Son are titles not persons. as Spirit without flesh he's "Father" and with Flesh he's "Son".

so the Father is the Son in Flesh, and the Son is the Father without NATURAL Flesh. Notice how I said that without NATURAL flesh.

example, Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth".

question time, is this the Father or the Son? slain but risen = resurrection. so who is it?

PCY

Old 06-08-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus said from John 8:24.....There for I said to you that you will die in your sins, for If you do not believe that I am , you will die in your sins ``......... Then in John 8:58 Jesus said ...``Most assuredly , I say to you , before Abraham was I am `` .... Where Abraham lived 2 thousand years before Jesus and the cross ........ In Isaiah 9:6 , Seven Hundred years before Jesus was born said ....``For on to us a child is born, On to us a Son is given , and the government will be on His shoulder . and His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father , Prince of Peace ``.... Were Father God and Son are the same name ...............

Old 06-08-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
You skipped a word in 8:24, “heâ€...Was that deliberate deception?...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9

5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

For a child has been born to us: Although Ahaz is wicked, his son who was born to him many years ago [nine years prior to his assuming the throne] to be our king in his stead, shall be a righteous man, and the authority of the Holy One, blessed be He, and His yoke shall be on his shoulder, for he shall engage in the Torah and observe the commandments, and he shall bend his shoulder to bear the burden of the Holy One, blessed be He.

and… called his name: The Holy One, blessed be He, Who gives wondrous counsel, is a mighty God and an everlasting Father, called Hezekiah’s name, “the prince of peace,†since peace and truth will be in his days

See, it’s talking about Hezekiah...
Isaiah 9:6 is not talking about Hezekiah. #1, Hezekiah is not an everlasting Father nor his son, both are dead. #2. neither are called a mighty God, and that' s the cap "G" in God. Jesus is the Prince of peace. Jesus is the the Counsellor which meas he the "COMFORTER" in and out of flesh. he is name Wonderful because of the many miracle he did, which wonderful here means. and the government shall be upon his shoulder, he is the Governor who sets the rules and regulations in his Kingdom. and he is the EVERLASTING FATHER, for he's not dead, and he said "he's alive forever more" that's EVERLASTING. MIGHTY GOD, there's only ONE, which scatters the John 17:3 scripture to asunder when people try to separate the Lord and the LORD, as Ps 110:1 clearly states, and John 1:1 supports.

John was clear, John 12:37 "But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

John 12:38 "That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

John 12:39 "Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

John 12:40 "He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

John 12:41 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

PCY

Old 06-08-2018, 08:11 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Why do you insist on misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity? The Trinitarian doctrine does not say that Jesus is the Father, but that He is the second person of the Trinity. He is the Son. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

John 1:1 clearly states that the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Therefore, while the Son is God, He is not the Father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
that make no sense. there is one GOD only, if he was "with" and is God, then he is the Father, but how? Father and Son are titles not persons. as Spirit without flesh he's "Father" and with Flesh he's "Son".

so the Father is the Son in Flesh, and the Son is the Father without NATURAL Flesh. Notice how I said that without NATURAL flesh.

example, Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth".

question time, is this the Father or the Son? slain but risen = resurrection. so who is it?

PCY
One God exists in three persons. Therefore the Word, being with God, was Himself God (John 1:1), but He was not the Father. He was the Son, the second person of the Trinity.

Jesus plainly stated in John 17:5 that He was with the Father before the world was. In Hebrews chapter one, God the Father calls the Son God and states that it was the Son who created the heavens and the earth.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
We have the extant documents that were actually written by the apostles???...
We don't have the original documents which were written by the apostles. What we do have is the text of the apostles which has been preserved among the thousands of extant manuscript copies. Most New Testament textual critics are confident that what we have today is some 99 percent faithful to the original autographs.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
One God exists in three persons. Therefore the Word, being with God, was Himself God (John 1:1), but He was not the Father. He was the Son, the second person of the Trinity.

Jesus plainly stated in John 17:5 that He was with the Father before the world was. In Hebrews chapter one, God the Father calls the Son God and states that it was the Son who created the heavens and the earth.
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty"

Mike please tell us is this the Son or the Father? I'll be waiting for your answer.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty"

Mike please tell us is this the Son or the Father? I'll be waiting for your answer.
You won't even acknowledge that I just got though showing from the Bible that while Jesus is God, He is not the Father. So don't expect me to pander to your obsessive attempts to promote your diversified God nonsense.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Hold your breath until you turn blue while you're waiting. I just got though showing from the Bible that while Jesus is God, He is not the Father.
nether you nor I need to hold our breath, that would not be profitable for ether of us... (smile).

but since you can hold your breath I will not hold my peace. I say Revelation 1:8 contradict your assessment of Jesus as Father.

and since you're holding your breath hold it a bit longer with this...

Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

did you see that "WITH" there in the verse

WAS THAT TWO PERSON?….. no, HERE’S WHY,

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God”.

ME is singular, and no one else is beside him, so it's not two PERSON....

HE’S THE first “and” THE last, SEE THAT CONJUNCTION “AND” it connect the first to the last as the SAME ONE PERSON.

but wait, hold your breath a little while longer for there is more....

Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Uh O, he's the First "also" the Last, well that just eliminated any two person. LOOK! don't get mad with me, take it to God. these are his words. I'm only repeating them.

recap: the Lord Is the First and the last.
He's the First "also" the Last, and,
He's the first "with" the Last.

STOP, STOP, STOP, how can one Person be "with" himself, "also" himself, "and" himself at the same time?.

Only “diversified oneness” can answer this…

so no need to hold one's breath, the answers are right in the bible, God Holy Word, just waiting to be discovered.

so no need to hold your breath, it make's one blue, or .... too long........

Old 06-08-2018, 09:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Not saying that you're right or wrong. but consider this. if you have a unity then you need two parts tho make that unity. well you have a problem, for God is not two, if so you will have two Gods, and that's anti bible. but what is we say God is a NUMERICAL tow of the SAME ONE? meaning he's the "equal" share of himself as Phil 2:6 say, meaning he Spirit as well as a man, but the SAME ONE but only in "ANOTHER" form.

May I suggest this, and boldly say, "the Lord Jesus is the ANOTHER of God himself in flesh". again meaning two, numerically, (Spirit abstract, and in flesh concrete) who is the ONE and the Same.

PCY.
In marriage, the husband is head of the wife, per 1 Corinthians 11. Does that mean there are two husbands? No. Yet they are considered as one flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity