Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 05:23 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
One God exists in three persons. Therefore the Word, being with God, was Himself God (John 1:1), but He was not the Father. He was the Son, the second person of the Trinity.

Jesus plainly stated in John 17:5 that He was with the Father before the world was. In Hebrews chapter one, God the Father calls the Son God and states that it was the Son who created the heavens and the earth.
What if it was the Torah?...

In the beginning was the Torah and the Torah was with G-d and G-d was the Torah....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
We don't have the original documents which were written by the apostles. What we do have is the text of the apostles which has been preserved among the thousands of extant manuscript copies. Most New Testament textual critics are confident that what we have today is some 99 percent faithful to the original autographs.
But do they say exactly what the apostles say?...

Old 06-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
nether you nor I need to hold our breath, that would not be profitable for ether of us... (smile).

but since you can hold your breath I will not hold my peace. I say Revelation 1:8 contradict your assessment of Jesus as Father.

and since you're holding your breath hold it a bit longer with this...

Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

did you see that "WITH" there in the verse

WAS THAT TWO PERSON?….. no, HERE’S WHY,

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God”.

ME is singular, and no one else is beside him, so it's not two PERSON....

HE’S THE first “and” THE last, SEE THAT CONJUNCTION “AND” it connect the first to the last as the SAME ONE PERSON.

but wait, hold your breath a little while longer for there is more....

Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Uh O, he's the First "also" the Last, well that just eliminated any two person. LOOK! don't get mad with me, take it to God. these are his words. I'm only repeating them.

recap: the Lord Is the First and the last.
He's the First "also" the Last, and,
He's the first "with" the Last.

STOP, STOP, STOP, how can one Person be "with" himself, "also" himself, "and" himself at the same time?.

Only “diversified oneness” can answer this…

so no need to hold one's breath, the answers are right in the bible, God Holy Word, just waiting to be discovered.

so no need to hold your breath, it make's one blue, or .... too long........

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 41

4 Who worked and did, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with the last ones I am He.

Read this very carefully...This verse is not referring to G-d as the first and the last...

Old 06-08-2018, 05:31 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

I am not telling you God is married.

I am saying that the structure of the relationships are similar by design.

In marriage - two separate entities are represented as one before God.

With God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit - Three separate entities are represented as One.

Even though they are represented as one, there is still a hierarchy in place within each relationship.
I understand that. listen to the definition of Adam/Man as in KIND, H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

the definition for H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]
KJV: Adam.

see, H120 אָדָם 'adam identify where Eve came out of man. so WOMAN is "another" of the man called woman. so they are one of the SAME SORT. but the woman have her own shape, her own form, and her own fashion.

a marriage is a bond not a source.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:13 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 37

16 “O Lord of Hosts, God of Israel, Who dwells between the cherubim, You alone are the God of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth.

It’s speaking of G-d period....
Not the Father...

Yes God... The Son.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
What if it was the Torah?...

In the beginning was the Torah and the Torah was with G-d and G-d was the Torah....

Old 06-09-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 37

16 “O Lord of Hosts, God of Israel, Who dwells between the cherubim, You alone are the God of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth.

It’s speaking of G-d period....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not the Father...

Yes God... The Son.
To DRob4JC, that's is a good assessment, but a little short. consider this, "the Spirit of Christ, the Son, that dwells between the cherubim". that should do it correctly.

you had the right idea, but it's the Spirit that dwelleth, and he God, is "a" Spirit.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 41

4 Who worked and did, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with the last ones I am He.

Read this very carefully...This verse is not referring to G-d as the first and the last...
I did, and your translation is different. let's concentrate on the last part, your translation said, "and with the last ones I am He" you said that this do not refer to God

4 Who hath wrought and done it? He that called the generations from the beginning. I, the LORD, who am the first, and with the last am the same.

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. (KJV)

#1. my first question, "Who is this first and last speaken of?".

now lets look at Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (KJV)

6 Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no God.

#2. my second question, "Who is the first and the last spoken of here?".

Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last". (KJV)

12 Hearken unto Me, O Jacob, and Israel My called: I am He; I am the first, I also am the last".

#3. My third question. "Who is the first and the last spoken of here?".

I'll be looking for your answer.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:42 AM

38 posts, read 14,943 times
This topic could also be called "Fiction vs Truth".
IF you REALLY believe the Bible- all the FACTS are here; all the research has been done FOR you:

https://themadjw.weebly.com/the-only-true-god.html

Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
This topic could also be called "Fiction vs Truth".
IF you REALLY believe the Bible- all the FACTS are here; all the research has been done FOR you:

https://themadjw.weebly.com/the-only-true-god.html

Promoting one's own site, especially in several posts, is considered spamming and is frowned upon at most discussion boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity