Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:09 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

We see the story unfold in Luke 23........a couple of men still alive and able to make a choice, one in faith realized God is beside him......the other continues to mock and seals his eternal destiny. No clearer picture of humanity can be found, salvation is faith in Jesus, we all get the same choice as these two. We are all as guilty as they in God's sight, and no matter what we've done we can come to the Lord.......

32 Two others, who were criminals, were led away to be put to death with him. 33 And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified him, and the criminals, one on his right and one on his left. 34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”2 And they cast lots to divide his garments. 35 And the people stood by, watching, but the rulers scoffed at him, saying, “He saved others; let him save himself, if he is the Christ of God, his Chosen One!” 36 The soldiers also mocked him, coming up and offering him sour wine 37 and saying, “If you are the King of the Jews, save yourself!” 38 There was also an inscription over him,3 “This is the King of the Jews.”

39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,4 saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

(This was under the Gospel of the Kingdom, those who knew Jesus was the Son of God were saved)

Under grace and AFTER the cross we are to believe the Gospel of Grace today......and it's right here

1Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

Believe this gospel today and be just as assured of heaven as that thief on the cross. You will be spending eternity in heaven with that same Jesus of old...........

So what will YOU believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 06:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I believe he didn't condemn either of the thieves to an non-existent hell-hole.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:42 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Notice Jesus said paradise not heaven. Jesus was very good at making people think one thing but actually meaning something else.

The thief was not saved because He was not born from above and no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:02 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Because the so-called "bandits" on his right and on his left were really just like Jesus. They were all crucified for basically the same thing: sedition. John and James first requested to be at his right and left in glory. But they didn't realize the cross would be the true glory, which is why Jesus told them they did not know the cup that he would have to drink. The cup of suffering.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:50 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
We see the story unfold in Luke 23........a couple of men still alive and able to make a choice, one in faith realized God is beside him......the other continues to mock and seals his eternal destiny. No clearer picture of humanity can be found, salvation is faith in Jesus, we all get the same choice as these two. We are all as guilty as they in God's sight, and no matter what we've done we can come to the Lord.......

32 Two others, who were criminals, were led away to be put to death with him. 33 And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified him, and the criminals, one on his right and one on his left. 34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”2 And they cast lots to divide his garments. 35 And the people stood by, watching, but the rulers scoffed at him, saying, “He saved others; let him save himself, if he is the Christ of God, his Chosen One!” 36 The soldiers also mocked him, coming up and offering him sour wine 37 and saying, “If you are the King of the Jews, save yourself!” 38 There was also an inscription over him,3 “This is the King of the Jews.”

39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,4 saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

(This was under the Gospel of the Kingdom, those who knew Jesus was the Son of God were saved)

Under grace and AFTER the cross we are to believe the Gospel of Grace today......and it's right here

1Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

Believe this gospel today and be just as assured of heaven as that thief on the cross. You will be spending eternity in heaven with that same Jesus of old...........

Jesus did not tell the thief he was saved. He told the thief that he would be in paradise with him--- The way it works--- Every grave will be emptied to judgement in Gods kingdom. Many will get the opportunity to learn and apply Gods will with no satan influences for 1000 years-- they must be tested, that is why satan will be loosed for a little while, some will follow him. So just because one enters Gods kingdom does not mean they will with stand the final test. there are no guarantees of those being saved until they pass the final test.
Not once did Jesus say the thief will go to heaven. twistings of reality teach it. The resurrection will be on the earth. only 144,000 are promised entrance into heaven-Rev 14:3

Old 06-05-2018, 08:04 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
He used his freedom of choice; wanting eternal life. Just one more example thrown in, during the life of Christ, that relates to us. Should be obvious.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
It is a very good illustration. Many go to their graves cursing God, while others open their hearts to Him.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a very good illustration. Many go to their graves cursing God, while others open their hearts to Him.
Utter Garbage.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:39 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Why did Jesus save the thief on the cross next to Him?

Because he showed faith in Christ.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:05 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why did Jesus save the thief on the cross next to Him?

Because he showed faith in Christ.
It is not difficult for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity