Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Luke 21:32
"Remember that all these things will take place before the people now living have all died."

I just read this last night. Just after I had been wondering about this very thing. Just before this verse, Jesus talks about the attack on Jerusalem which will occur in 70 AD.

But here is the interesting thing. Then he talks about the "Son of Man" coming in a "CLOUD" with great glory.

THEN this verse occurs. Which means that the Son of Man came while some of the people in that generation were still living.

What do you think he meant?

Please don't try to quote other verses elsewhere which you think support a futuristic view. Please just take this one gospel on it's own terms and tell me how it is that all of this has supposedly occurred already, according to Jesus's own words in the Gospel of Luke.
You are very incorrect on your first 2 postings. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and no Orthodox Christian doctors anything. There are countless Christian theologians throught the centuries that study thousands of manuscripts for pieces for Truth. It helps us ensure the Bible’s accuracy.

Secondly, you must take other verses in order to understand context.

I think we are beyond ignorance on how to understand Scripture. We are probably in the camp of wickedness in trying to warp God’s Word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
The gospel writers were trying to present the attack on Jerusalem as the Lord's revenge upon the persecution of Jesus and his followers.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM

23,129 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
The gospel writers were trying to present the attack on Jerusalem as the Lord's revenge upon the persecution of Jesus and his followers.
It was written to a person after the fact, years after he goes crazy, he reads this and learns why he had went crazy and why he had to be crazy for a certain time, and then how to find out how to stop being crazy.

This scripture is written to crazy people

You have to look past Jerusalem in 70 A.D., it's what everybody looks at because it became true, but the truth is that you are Jerusalem whether you know it or not. When Jerusalem is surrounded by the spirits that come in both eyes to make a person crazy, he flees to the Mountains of Judea, and this exactly means that he seeks the knowledge of the wise Jews because he is becoming a Jew.

Body~The Northern Kingdom of Ephraim/Joseph
Soul ~ Jerusalem, the city that is between the body and the spirit, the right eye and left eye respectively.
Spirit ~ The Southern kingdom of Judah/David

When Jerusalem is surrounded by enemies, you seek out the mountains of Judah continuously in more study because those mountains are just wise men in each religion to who the people will run to.

What is written for a person who is beginning his second season is to explain to him what all the craziness was, and there was craziness because the head wound was healed when God gave his two witnesses power.

I know people don't see Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and the feast of Tabernacles in Matthew 24 or Luke, it is nevertheless what is being discussed and what IS being discussed?

The coming of the son of man after you have broken the covenant with your other husband whose head was healed.

The second rain is appointed for the second coming of the son of man, and this means that the spring was appointed for the first coming and the fall holy days is appointed for the second coming, but the second coming is WITHIN YOU, the feast of Tabernacles is the day of birth, the second coming.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:44 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'll answer it if you answer a question for me afterwards. Nothing tricky or no hidden motives - just a curious question.

Just to start on your question - from what translation did you pull that verse?
Quote:
Translation is the Good News in Today's English. My Southern Baptist grandparents gave it to me when I got baptized.

I'm not sure if I turned out in my beliefs the way they had in mind. But you never know. Everyone seeks to know the truth, perhaps, even if it challenges their beliefs.
I haven't been over here in a while...

I asked about the translation because I usually use a word for word translation, and I have never seen...

"Remember that all these things will take place before the people now living have all died."

Usually "generation" is used - which widens the scope of who He is talking about.

I also think you need to take into account the question asked in verse 7, and where Jesus ends up in 27-28 to understand He is ultimately speaking beyond 70 AD.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
Quote:
the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem was to put an end to the daily and yearly sacrifice there. for Christ was the end of the Law and sacrifices. supportive scripture, Hebrews 8:7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second".

Hebrews 8:13 "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away".

bye, bye old covenant. and now the temple as well,

Hebrews 9:8 "The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing"

the standing temple at Jerusalem fell in 70 AD. for it was Determine 7 of weeks by Daniel prophet that after the Messiah was cut off, God would confirm a covenant with many for one week (please note these weeks are not a literal week). In the middle of that week, God would "put a stop to sacrifice" with an abomination of desolation.

Daniel 9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined".

and those desolations are in effect today.

now, for those who want to crunch the numbers till the end, I DON'T KNOW the end. but I can say this, if its worth a hill of beans. the Lord Jesus departure in flesh and bone, (no blood), have only been two days ago in God time if we used 2 Peter 3:8 as a measuring stick. even with that yard stick I'm still not saying.

but for the spectives person out there, this is not me, only a perspective to consider. if two days have passed, some might say well we have 5,000 more years to go before the end.

well, before you make that decision, factor this in, Matthew 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".

Now the question, "HOW SHORT?"... (smile). I suggest we stick to what the Lord Jesus said, and he don't lie we can take this to the BANK,

Mark 13:32 "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is". AMEN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity