Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2018, 08:15 AM

14,394 posts, read 20,470,757 times

Advertisements

We are all the flock of God. Correct?

Both occur figuratively almost always with Israel (or Judah) and the church in view as the "flock" or people of God.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/flock/

So can it be said that the adults and children of the church are the flock of the minister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 08:50 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

Both occur figuratively almost always with Israel (or Judah) and the church in view as the "flock" or people of God.

So can it be said that the adults and children of the church are the flock of the minister?
"a minister"/administrator must have this attitude
Rev 19:10

Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he *said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
Rev 22:9

But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who [fn]heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

and this one

Mat 23:9

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. .. other words for this can be or Husband or Lord, in Hebrew I think shepherd like king David ... is a correct concept... "pater" where the Spanish language gets the word padre/ Father from. I do not think we are not to call other men Father unless they are your opne natural Father or your one Spiritual Father /Pater. Hebrew I think it is Shepard is the correct concepts.

the "minister"/ Pastor should probably be called administrators of the word to the flock.

1Pe 5:5

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

the workings of the flock are to the flock and of the flock , not really over the flock .. only the Father Spirit and Son is truely Over the flock. but younger in the lord should submit willingly to the wisdom of the elders...( in the lord) and be respectful to all Olders/elders. as they have wisdom and life lessons that usualy youth won't have .

and this one

Eph 5:21

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

and this Father is this word

generator or male ancestor

either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents

a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David

fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation

one advanced in years, a senior

metaph.

the originator and transmitter of anything

the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself

one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds

one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way

a title of honour

teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received

the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others

God is called the Father

of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler

of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector

of spiritual beings and of all men

of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father

the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature

by Jesus Christ himself

by the apostles

it is a body and all parts are and must be connected to the other parts and no part is greater than the others in function and in purpose but must be interconnected to the Head which is Jesus.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:05 AM

931 posts, read 762,623 times
https://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/flock

Old 06-17-2018, 10:19 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

There was no Israel when Jesus came except for 7000 reserved remnant Paul tells us about and he tells us that he is one of their members, he was not of Judah. Paul explains in Romans 9, using Hosea 2, how Gentiles are grafted into Israel/Ephraim. Hosea 1 shows that God ended Israel and seeded them into the Gentile nations and Hosea 2 shows the covenant of marriage a gentile would receive from a Jew that the Gentile is adopted into Israel, not Judah.

''NOT my people become the sons of the living God.''

Gentiles become the sons of the living God when they convert to the religion of God with Judah, they marry a Jew, and become Israel.

There is no Israel, and Judah and the church, there is only Israel and Judah, the church has it's own religion who made it's own laws when they outlawed the ways of God, thus making it impossible for any Gentile to come under the covenant that Jesus ONLY brings for Ephraim and Judah. The covenant IS NOT for Ephraim, Judah and the church, it is ONLY Ephraim and Judah. Jews, and the Gentiles of Ephraim, but a Gentile isn't Ephraim if he doesn't love the laws as Judah does.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:30 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Romans 9

The Calling of the Gentiles
19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

This is Paul saying,'' Even us of the lost ten tribes of Israel,'' as he quotes Hosea's promise that God would fill the lost house of Israel with Gentiles who become Ephraim when they receive a betrothal from a Jew.

Paul was one of those 7000 man remnant living amongst Jews, as Jews, in every generation.

Paul was of Benjamin and Benjamin was in both Kingdoms, Jerusalem was built in Benjamin to unite the tribes.

Psalms 80
Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.
2Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us.

Benjamin was naturally in Joseph/Israel, because Benjamin was the only true brother of Joseph by the same mother, and Benjamin is naturally in Judah because Judah offered his life for Benjamin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity