Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 09:27 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Pardon me, I'm not quite sure of what you mean by 'taught', but there appear to be several references to eternal torment.

King James Version
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Revelation 20:10 KJV: And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

NIV
2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...A2&version=NIV

New International Version
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Matthew 25:46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Eternal torment is you knowing that you didn't reach the Zoe kingdom, it is the outer court of Gentiles where there is still salvation.

The scriptures you quoted are about the fall Holy days in Jewish idioms that only a person who practiced Judaism would know.

There is a son of perdition inside you, and when you die, he will be taken away, you are discussing a book written to bring out the truth behind all the commandments, you are researching a book based on Judaism. The things in the book are about the Temple, and you are that Temple. The 7 feasts to show the comings and goings of the temple are about you. Revelation is the death and resurrection of a Gentile who dies, and then is raised as Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 09:35 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I think SumTingy will get to heaven and be a little miffed at all the people he finds there.
I'm not a believer in heaven or hell or any afterlife for that matter, but ~1.75 people (on average, around the world) die every second, 151,600 people die every day. If there were a heaven and/or hell they be filling up pretty quick, wouldn't you say!

Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know, but things are not always as they appear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, your eyes can lie to you.
Then, you are seeing only what you want to see?

Old 06-23-2018, 09:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Did you discipline your kids with an eye toward correcting them and teaching them skills or did you just punish? The concept of hell is straight punishment.
You know full well that perverting the Truth is harmful to a child's developement.
There are already laws in place in many countries that will remove children from certain homes.

Conflating the subject is not even liable to this discusion
reconcile your past and move on.

Don't think for a second you are the only lied to by adults concerning the Love of Yeshua.

And don't think for minute there is no spiritual warfare concerning the Kingdom.
Satan will do anything to entrap the innocent.
And typically his kind use the account of iyov as a go to for blasphemy.

Be vigilant late grape.
Babylon has fallen.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:13 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,922,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The idea of universalism saying that hell is just temporary and everyone is granted entry into heaven is false doctrine and possibly demonic.

Christian theologians will tell you that hell is real and separation from the Lord is permanent for the damned. There several passages you can read. A few verses about hell as eternal is pasted below. Yet, Universalism where everyone is saved ignores God’s Word.

No eternal hell means no need for repentance of your transgressions. No turning away from sin and you will never have a relationship with Christ. No relationship with the Lord will not gain faith. If no faith there is no reason to know God. This is EXACTLY what Satan desires.

Do not listen to these false teachers. Shun them for their way will lead you to eternal death

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Thessalonians 1:5-9 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

While I would love Universailism to be true, just based on Jesus' words alone it cannot be. Unless you're saying what he was saying about separating the goats from the sheep and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth where their worm dies not is a bunch of hogwash and he was just saying that for ***** and giggles.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:29 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
While I would love Universailism to be true, just based on Jesus' words alone it cannot be. Unless you're saying what he was saying about separating the goats from the sheep and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth where their worm dies not is a bunch of hogwash and he was just saying that for ***** and giggles.
Well, you might notice that those things are conditions of environment and placement within that environment. Nothing is said about responses to tnat emnvironment, the idea that no change is possible is just assumed by those who wish to use it as a scare tactic in contravention to the nature of justice.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
A mirror to one's soul...

Old 06-24-2018, 04:53 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

And don't think that I didn't notice your little dig their in the beginning of your port...You are such a nasty little thing saying something like that about my daughter, so your true Christian colors are shining through, as usual...

No wonder everyone is more and more becoming disgusted with Christianity, considering the likes of you as its self-proclaimed representative...
wow so you had to go there .. because in actuality I was avoiding that place of truth and accuation that you just had to go too.. .. but since you went there with a false accusation. I will go there with some truth.
YOU see I wasn't speaking from a place of un experiences with such issues.. But My daughter was a legal adult on her own when she did those things. now your baby wasn't , as well as my sister wasn't. What Does the Bible Say About the Sins of the Father?
and
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...Of-The-Fathers

But Yahovah / now called Jesus makes it clear that when a household has sin in it .. Look to the fathers.

Look to the Covering!
I could start a list of my husbands sins against his family or my Fathers sins against his family.... and start guessing which sins your sins are and have been against your family .

or MAYBE I could pray for such insight. But I won't do that because I really really don't want to know your sins Richard, I really don't .

so Sir if any of this rings true and (you know it does )I think you owe the Lord and I am the apology for your nasty STATEMENTS IN THIS WHOLE THREAD.. . as I was not being mean at all . IN ACTUALLITY I was avoiding speaking about your sins against your family.. but we sure could go there if want too?

Gal 6:7

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Gal 6:8

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Gal 6:9

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Gal 6:10

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

my statement about your daughter was about how all of our sins will catch us all one day and that includes yours mine and your daughters and in the natural we will reap what we have sown .

But for those in Christ, He has taken away His children eternal punishment for our sins. Amen!!
not so much the natural consequences for those sins.. and can I hear an "OH darn it.."

so when it says For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption your daughters' sins of the natural will be reaped in the natural as will all of ours.

and where it says "but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."
and I pray she find the Lord for his eternal forgiveness for her sins sown against the spiritual, sins against the Father , Son and Spirit which will no doubts be be reaped eternally both for the good seed and the bad seeds. seed time and harvest is a fact not a theory. and spiritual seeds are still seeds.... because God will not be mocked on that issues either.
please seek his forgiveness while it can be found.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-24-2018 at 05:10 AM..

Old 06-24-2018, 05:04 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,018,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
The problem you have, my friend, you cannot just base your words on what the Christ spoke in the Gospels (ALONE). Many of His words were totally above the minds and hearts of His disciples! "How can these things be?" sums up what was their dilemma.

Enter Pentecost

The great mighty Wind of the Holy Ghost filling formerly discombobulated men with the mighty anointing of the Presence. "When the Spirit is come He wil take of the things of Mine and reveal them unto you."

"If I be lifted up, I will draw/ drag off with power all mankind unto Me."

Old 06-24-2018, 05:43 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,007,717 times
Quote:
Readers are asked not to add to or take away anything from the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity