Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are in deep trouble.

KJV 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
your both right.. if you continue in a sin you know is a sin you did not repent. but he is alwasy revealing levels of sin first and then lack of life and love. so that you are always growing into being more like him who is our older brother and Lord.. there is always a new level to reach for and repent of ..
but he is right in that you do not keep walking in deathing / sins unto death if you are really his child you will one day stop worshipping and submitting your body to sins which cause death to some part of you and prevent you from fully entering into life and his love and all he has for us .. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 08:50 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Whatever. You seem to think you're exactly like God, so I'm sure you obviously know exactly how He thinks. Tell me, how is it being infallible?
See. Your thinking like man.

Didn't Jesus tell Peter to think like God.

It is possible if you "believe".

Old 06-23-2018, 09:42 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
See. Your thinking like man.

Didn't Jesus tell Peter to think like God.

It is possible if you "believe".
Well, aren't we fortunate to have someone in our midst who is like God. I just can't imagine what we did to merit being graced by the presence of one so humble as you.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:47 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, aren't we fortunate to have someone in our midst who is like God. I just can't imagine what we did to merit being graced by the presence of one so humble as you.
Was Jesus humble claiming to be the Son of God.

People back then thought as you do about me. You being all sarcastic.

Being humble is serving God as Jesus instructed and being sent as He was with His words.

Doing so gives one insight into things that are hidden.

I have accomplished certain things that some haven't.

I'm not bragging just saying. I've found things I didn't set out to find. Discovered shocking things I sometimes wish I hadn't.

But humble, yes.

Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for your soul for my yoke is good and my burden is light.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:17 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times
This is part of the Christian faith I struggle with.

Christ's Sacrifice was once and for all. It was a perfect sacrifice. No other sacrifice is needed.

We are required to be perfect before entering heaven (Revelation 21:27) yet we are not made perfect by this Sacrifice. Something is missing (Col 1:24)! Especially when we are not in the Garden of Eden.

We're still imperfect here on earth, so why didn't God create us perfect in the first place, since that is His expectation?

I want to be perfect because God requires it to get into heaven and I want to be with Him. But how is it possible?

Old 06-24-2018, 06:54 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
There is a difference between sin and temptation. Satan tempts us to sin but Jesus gives power to resist that temptation which leads to spiritual death. The soul that sins will die.

James 1
[12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
[13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:34 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You are forgiven of sin. Not cleansed from what brings you to sin. THE CAUSE was never treated. You simply have symptomatic treatment. I sin>I go accept Jesus> I am forgiven> I sin again> I repent> etc.

You need etiological treatment. Treat the CAUSE of why you sin. Not symptoms.

Sinning ask forgiveness, etc,etc--is not repentence--See the statement at 1Corinthians 6:9-11--It says--- that is what some of you were= past tense. They stopped doing the sin.= real repentence.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I have accomplished certain things that some haven't.

I'm not bragging just saying. I've found things I didn't set out to find. Discovered shocking things I sometimes wish I hadn't.

But humble, yes.
And you're rather proud of your humility, aren't you?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:21 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine Boy View Post
Forgiven of sin, why do we still sin?

😊😊 Hi, brothers and sisters! We've been forgiven of sin since believing in the Lord Jesus. As long as we sincerely pray to the Lord, we can gain peace and joy and the abundant grace and blessing that the Lord bestows upon us. But a question has been troubling me: why do I still often get angry? Such as when I have a different opinion with my colleagues, I sometimes argue with them and lose temper, unable to treat them with love according to the Lord's word; when it comes to my own interests and face, I reason and justified for myself, can't be honest to glorify the Lord... I'm still in the state of often sinning and confessing, can't break away from the bondage and restraint of sin! I also fellowshiped with many brothers and sisters to seek the solution, but the problem still wasn't truly solved.

🙏🙏 For that, I often prayed and called out to the Lord. The Lord heard my prayer, under the Lord's guidance, one day, I saw a reading video. The words reveal the root cause of our being bound by sin. Thanks be to the Lord! The problem that has troubled me for many years has finally been resolved!
Now sharing this video with you. Hope we can benefit from it and find the way to cast off sin!

Buona sera, bruv. <3

Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
This is part of the Christian faith I struggle with.

Christ's Sacrifice was once and for all. It was a perfect sacrifice. No other sacrifice is needed.

We are required to be perfect before entering heaven (Revelation 21:27) yet we are not made perfect by this Sacrifice. Something is missing (Col 1:24)! Especially when we are not in the Garden of Eden.

We're still imperfect here on earth, so why didn't God create us perfect in the first place, since that is His expectation?

I want to be perfect because God requires it to get into heaven and I want to be with Him. But how is it possible?

You should read the bible. The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the bride of Christ, the144,000 of Revelation 14:3-- only these are promised heaven.
The great multitude was given this promise from Jesus-Matthew 5:5--Happy are the meek for they will inherit the EARTH. The psalmist knew that reality as well-Psalm 37:9-11, 29

Those telling all they go to heaven do not have Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity