Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 03:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

There is coming a day when the name of Jesus will no longer be associated with the traditional beliefs about Jesus from the so called bible believers(i personally don't believe it is a bad thing, and i know for saying such a thing how i will be looked upon) .

The name of Jesus actually is wonderful because he represents the man who God in his own image created(Yes, you who are condemned by sin, he represents your true reality, YES he sees you ( poor miserable sinner and poor miserablre christian unworthy to be loved >>>>>perfect in his own eyes), not to measure us up against him(THE SON) just to hear "sorry mate you have fallen short ", but "this Son of mine is truely who you all are".

Now, that my friend in my best Michael Caine Accent - Is bloody Good News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 04:11 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is coming a day when the name of Jesus will no longer be associated with the traditional beliefs about Jesus from the so called bible believers(i personally don't believe it is a bad thing, and i know for saying such a thing how i will be looked upon) .

I agree. This is the major problem with not knowing the Hebrew origins. It strips meaning. I personally think there is some link between Joshua and who we know as Jesus. Their Hebrew names are similar:

Joshua - Y'hoshua

Jesus - Yeshua

Isaiah (Yesha'yahu) is also close. I think this means something. What? I have no idea. And see the final one, in Hebrew, is Yeshua HaMashiach.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:39 PM

168 posts, read 69,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb448 View Post
Every Christian knows that Jesus is the "Son of God." I have a personal interpretation of the phrase that is different from how the phrase is commonly understood. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." It is my understanding that the phrase "only begotten" is the translation of the Greek word "monogenes." However, some bible scholars, rather than translate that phrase as "only begotten," would actually consider a more accurate translation to be something like "one-of-a-kind," "special," or "unique." This latter interpretation could be corroborated by the verse Hebrews 11:17-19. In this verse, Isaac is referred to as the "only begotten (monogenes)" son of Abraham, even though Isaac was not actually Abraham's only son; he also begat Ishmael, but Isaac was Abraham's "special" son.

Furthermore, there is a group of beings in the Bible who are referred to as the "sons of God." Some examples are Genesis 6:1-2 – Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they [were] beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose, or Job 1:6 – Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD . . . . My belief is that Jesus considers himself to be one of these "sons of God." This can be corroborated by John 10:34-36 – "Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?" In the first verse, Jesus is referring to Psalms 82:6 – I said, "You [are] gods, And all of you [are] children of the Most High"; this verse is addressing the sons of God. So Jesus is saying that he himself is one of the "gods" or "children of the Most High" mentioned in Psalms.

So putting these two observations together, I come to the conclusion that Jesus is not just one of the sons of God but is a special, unique, one-of-a-kind member of the sons of God. This might disagree with the traditional interpretation of the phrase, but I think my interpretation is more biblically accurate. Do you agree with my conclusion?
Look at the root words for monogenes, a compound word should not have a different meaning then the root words. Then look at begotten by itself, gennaō G1080. It will show you exactly what monogenes means and it is not only unique.

Also read here https://godsplanforall.com/

Old 07-22-2018, 09:56 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I agree. This is the major problem with not knowing the Hebrew origins. It strips meaning. I personally think there is some link between Joshua and who we know as Jesus. Their Hebrew names are similar:

Joshua - Y'hoshua

Jesus - Yeshua

Isaiah (Yesha'yahu) is also close. I think this means something. What? I have no idea. And see the final one, in Hebrew, is Yeshua HaMashiach.
Lot's of symbolism with Joshua, with many people.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
This is so simple, even a child could understand it, if you apply Torah to it. Father is a Spirit, and according to the law of the seed, each seed must produce after it's own kind. Yeshua was the Spirit Seed Son of the Father, enrobed in the flesh of man, because He and only He, is the Father's kind. He is the only begotten Son of the Father, but through HIS Seed implanted is us, He becomes a many-membered body, producing HIS own kind (who shall declare/show openly His generation). This is why He said when you've seen ME (perceived through the mind of Yeshua, which is Spirit), you've seen the Father, not because HE is God as He said many times He was not, but because He was the Father's KIND = SPIRIT.

This is also why Peter's reply had to be given to him by the Father, because as Yeshua said, flesh and blood (including that of His own) DID NOT reveal this unto you, but my Father, which is in heaven. And why when Paul was knocked off His high horse, it was said He SAW NO MAN, yet Yeshua told him he was persecuting His BODY. A Spirit Head has a spirit body. This is the dividing asunder of flesh and spirit and it extends even to Him. Blessings...

Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
This is so simple, even a child could understand it, if you apply Torah to it. Father is a Spirit, and according to the law of the seed, each seed must produce after it's own kind. Yeshua was the Spirit Seed Son of the Father, enrobed in the flesh of man, because He and only He, is the Father's kind. He is the only begotten Son of the Father, but through HIS Seed implanted is us, He becomes a many-membered body, producing HIS own kind (who shall declare/show openly His generation). This is why He said when you've seen ME (perceived through the mind of Yeshua, which is Spirit), you've seen the Father, not because HE is God as He said many times He was not, but because He was the Father's KIND = SPIRIT.

This is also why Peter's reply had to be given to him by the Father, because as Yeshua said, flesh and blood (including that of His own) DID NOT reveal this unto you, but my Father, which is in heaven. And why when Paul was knocked off His high horse, it was said He SAW NO MAN, yet Yeshua told him he was persecuting His BODY. A Spirit Head has a spirit body. This is the dividing asunder of flesh and spirit and it extends even to Him. Blessings...

Old 07-22-2018, 05:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

GINOLJC, to all.

I have read your post. if Jesus, Yeshua is the same KIND, I have a question. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

here is my Question, "is the Lord Jesus Equal "WITH" the Spirit, whom is called God". notice I didn't say equal "to" God but equal "WITH".

so knowing this, is there anyone "EQUAL" with God, Yes or No.

before you answer please read, Isaiah 46:18, Isaiah 40:25, Isaiah 46:5, Isaiah 45:5, Isaiah 45:18, Isaiah 45:21.

study these verse very carefully before you answer.

I'll be looking for your answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all.

I have read your post. if Jesus, Yeshua is the same KIND, I have a question. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

here is my Question, "is the Lord Jesus Equal "WITH" the Spirit, whom is called God". notice I didn't say equal "to" God but equal "WITH".

so knowing this, is there anyone "EQUAL" with God, Yes or No.

before you answer please read, Isaiah 46:18, Isaiah 40:25, Isaiah 46:5, Isaiah 45:5, Isaiah 45:18, Isaiah 45:21.

study these verse very carefully before you answer.

I'll be looking for your answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
Correction, Isaiah 46:1 not 46:18.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
Look at the root words for monogenes, a compound word should not have a different meaning then the root words. Then look at begotten by itself, gennaō G1080. It will show you exactly what monogenes means and it is not only unique.

Also read here https://godsplanforall.com/
God's Plan For All

Has 28 chapters and it is absolutely free for all to read here online.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
God's Plan For All

Has 28 chapters and it is absolutely free for all to read here online.
thanks for the post, but when I got to chapter 3 I had to stop. David and Zoë have no Idea of who the Son is.

example, they said, "God is a Family, not a Trinity. God is the Family of God the Father and God the Son. The most important and central truth of the Bible is that there is only one true God, who is Father God (John 17:3), and there is only one true Son of God, who was begotten (birthed, not created) by His Father God before the world was created (John 17:5, 1 John 4:9). So, the true Christianity of the Bible is totally and absolutely founded upon believing in the one true Father God AND in the one true only begotten Son of God".

my first question is, "how did God "birthed" his son ...... before the creation?".

please explain.

then this, "Yes indeed, there is only one true God who is Father God because He alone is truly eternal with no beginning and no end, and He alone is the source of absolutely all things, all living and non-living things".

Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last". is not this the "LORD", the Father? listen, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God".
if there is no other God beside him, and that's God with the cap "G". that means that God has no biological, nor Spiritual OFFSPRING after his KIND. let me say this again, God has no biological, nor Spiritual OFFSPRING after his KIND.

for if the Lord Jesus is any KIND that is God, as a son, either biological, or even Spiritual then this Son must be in the NATURE as God.

if so then we have a problem, and here it is. Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me”.

to be a "KIND" that is God, it must be the same nature that is God. if one follows the thinking, "reproduce after it KIND". but Isaiah 43:10 buts an end to any notion like that.

and he makes it very, very, very clear in Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any".

but in the book of Hebrews the son is God, listen, Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom".

here the definite article is used, so there is no mistake in knowing that this is the "ONLY" true God.

but how do we know that the the son is the "ONLY" true God? because the same book of Hebrews tell us so. listen, verse 10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands". ok, the son laid the foundation of the earth?, lets see,

Psalms 102:24 "I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

Psalms 102:25 "Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands".

but to be sure that it's the LORD, all caps, the one who you calls Father, Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him".

so, it's the LORD who laid the foundations of the EARTH. what are these scriptures are trying to tell us? the Father and the Son are title of the SAME "ONE" person.

did you not hear the apostle THOMAS?. John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God".

the Lord, Son is the God, Father in Flesh.

this process is called by the Greeks, G243 Allos. or the "ANOTHER" of oneself. meaning the GOD "KIND".

knowing this, it eliminate the false notion that John 17:3 as the Spirit, God is the only true God and not Jesus the Christ. the bible clearly says that reasoning is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity