Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 08:24 AM

889 posts, read 821,461 times

Advertisements

Does the Assembly of God Church teach that Catholics are NOT Christian? I will not reply either way so please be honest. I just want to know what they teach. This is a personal thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 08:38 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,069,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Does the Assembly of God Church teach that Catholics are NOT Christian? I will not reply either way so please be honest. I just want to know what they teach. This is a personal thing.

No idea but it certainly would not be surprising. Many Protestant sub-sects hate the Pope. It's understandable really, what with the cool hats, spiffy artwork, and the Popemobile. Jealousy is a real thing among the sillier, more simple sub-sects.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:50 AM

7,530 posts, read 2,981,631 times
Quote:
I know one of the finest auto mechanic's ever visited. He happens to be a devout Roman Catholic. The last time I saw him in a social environment he greeted me with no salutation but this>>>>>>>

"I love Jesus Christ"

I know not what the A.G.C. believes (I actually do), but any person that declares to me he loves Jesus Christ, I love him with an "L".

Old 06-24-2018, 08:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,267,131 times
If you mean could a pastor take a pot shot at Catholicism or Democrats or gays..on any given Sunday....oh yeah...so, is it, then, a subtle teaching?
I'd say.
Will they admit it in an interview? Another story...

(I walk out then and there, btw....from any Charismatic, Evangelical sermon of that sort
for all to see.)

Old 06-24-2018, 09:21 AM

22,956 posts, read 10,309,742 times
Quote:
Yes, I was raised Assembly of God and that is pretty much what is taught.

Thing is, The people at the Assembly of God are also Catholic, they just do not know they are Catholic but they prove they are Catholic by following what is wholly Catholic Law instead of Biblical laws, Sabbaths and feasts, they follow what is wholly Catholic, and so why they claim to be Protestant, Protestant is just another word for Catholic, just another denomination of Catholic.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,267,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yes, I was raised Assembly of God and that is pretty much what is taught.
Thing is, The people at the Assembly of God are also Catholic, they just do not know they are Catholic but they prove they are Catholic by following what is wholly Catholic Law instead of Biblical laws, Sabbaths and feasts, they follow what is wholly Catholic, and so why they claim to be Protestant, Protestant is just another word for Catholic, just another denomination of Catholic.
Since you were raised in AOG you are best to know!
Fascinating.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Since you were raised in AOG you are best to know!
Fascinating.
Should have seen me when I was a Pentecostal preacher prophesying over thousands, slaying hundreds in the spirit, preaching in churches everywhere, every prison in Texas. I don't know how many times people have spoken prophesies over me, but they were all the same prophesy.....But that was when I was a Pentecostal. I spoke in tongues for 40 years and stopped, then converted to Judaism. But it sure was fun being a Pentecostal.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:29 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,022,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
. But it sure was fun being a Pentecostal.
There's your answer. 😀 ...somehow though I don't think you're not having fun - you were made to be who you are.

AOG is my background as well, but I've given up much of their dogma so am not too up on it now. But I did go to my uncle's funeral remembrance service a month ago, and it was the most Pentecostal service I've been in for a long time. He was a lecturer in church history at the UK AOG college, and all these retired ministers and lecturers were at the service, telling their stories of him. And the hymns and the singing - it was glorious and wildly nostalgic for me. It was nice that they had this little pocket expression of what I remember from years ago, but AOG has lost its way - the Pentecostal experience is gone from most of their gatherings - they're tormented largely by the feeling of needing to board over the windows and what lighting rig to install, rather than whether they really want the presence of God to come.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,253,698 times
Assemblies of God Experience - Spiritual Abuse

Old 06-28-2018, 04:47 PM

It was the slain in the spirit that got me, I had watched hundreds of people fall in the spirit and although they would do it under me, it never happened to me, and I was desperate for it, and I went out searching everywhere for it. I had come to a small Pentecostal church that I just happened to bring my mother to. When we were singing, me and mom started clapping our hands, and then the preacher got real angry and stopped the music where he began to rail against me, he began teaching against David saying,'' That was something evil they only practiced in the old Testament and we do not belong to the old.'' Then he preached the whole sermon against me while I just sat there and smiled. At the end, he began singing and laying out people in the Holy spirit, everyone but me.

As I was walking out, the preacher reached out to shake my hand and when I took his hand, I became drunk and almost hit the floor. That was the very moment I stopped being a Pentecostal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity