Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 06:11 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just got this really weird visual inside my head...never mind...
Yep, me too. We live in a world filled with phallic symbols. They make giant monuments to represent them. I have never seen a statue of a woman proud of her parts (thank goodness).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 06:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Says the guy that almost daily badmouths others and their faith...
When they and their faith are expressed in bigotry it is warranted, but I notice you have no real answer for the observation, just the usual ad hominem.

Will you ever make an honest reply?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just got this really weird visual inside my head...never mind...
I wish you had not said that

Old 07-06-2018, 06:31 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Of course Christ is the head of the church. And in Christ there is neither male nor female. The stuff about women obeying their husbands and being in subjection to them is inspired by the desire of fallen men. You need the Holy Spirit to guide you through the imperfect book. The bible is not perfect nor is it infallible. I know you think it is, and so you have a relationship with a book, not with the Spirit of God.
Hmmm.... So Paul was correct about the bolded, but lost touch with the Spirit in the second half of the sentence?

I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband.

1 Cor. 11

Old 07-06-2018, 08:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Hmmm.... So Paul was correct about the bolded, but lost touch with the Spirit in the second half of the sentence?

I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband.

1 Cor. 11

Paul was afraid of women. As are all weak men who look to him for "guidance" when it comes to dealing with them.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:

1 Cor. 11
Yes, it should read, "The head of every person is Christ." The rest of the quote is simply cultural prejudice. "In Christ there is neither male nor female" means just that.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes, it should read, "The head of every person is Christ." The rest of the quote is simply cultural prejudice. "In Christ there is neither male nor female" means just that.
That would be more accurate.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:

1 Cor. 11
Paul was not right about everything he wrote. That's exactly what I am saying. Not all women marry. But Christ is still their head. Paul said it was better NOT TO MARRY. But God disagrees with that in many other places of scripture. Paul did have a hang up about women - it's pretty easy to see. Doesn't mean God did not use him. I love the book of Romans which was supposedly written by Paul. It is the definitive New Testament book teaching Universal Reconciliation. However, you can find UR in many books of the bible.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:39 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Paul was afraid of women. As are all weak men who look to him for "guidance" when it comes to dealing with them.
This is true. Men have always been afraid of women and not really respected them. So they create a God who thinks this same way. They actually create an entire theology and volumes of books which support this attitude. They would rather justify their own attitudes than try to understand and respect women. This is ongoing throughout the ages.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:02 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Paul was not right about everything he wrote. That's exactly what I am saying. Not all women marry. But Christ is still their head. Paul said it was better NOT TO MARRY. But God disagrees with that in many other places of scripture. Paul did have a hang up about women - it's pretty easy to see. Doesn't mean God did not use him. I love the book of Romans which was supposedly written by Paul. It is the definitive New Testament book teaching Universal Reconciliation. However, you can find UR in many books of the bible.
It seems illogical that he would drift in and out of the Spirit mid-sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity