Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:12 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times

Advertisements

Salvation is how I see Christ at the Cross

Three stages of confessions
raised Christ, raised your heart, confess your sins, without confessions there is no Salvation

Christ show me how to call Him
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(Matthew 27:46)

If you confess with your mouth the (saying) Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
(Romans 10:9)

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise.
(Psalm 51:17)

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(Romans 10:10)

And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water."
So He said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.

But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!"

And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
(Matthew 14:28-31)

Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
2 Corinthians 2:14

For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
(2 Corinthians 2:15)

To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?
(2 Corinthians 2:16)

For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.
(2 Corinthians 2:17)

Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you; Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past.
( Isaiah 26:20)

Confess with your mouth to be saved

A broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise.

With the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

Beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!"

Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him

Being saved
(2 Corinthians 2:15)

Jesus cried out with a loud voice
(Matthew 27:46)
Christ cries out to His Father
be like Him as I am as I will be

WE READ, LORD, I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. (Psalms 141:1-2)

And my prayer goes up like incense as a sweet-smelling aroma

Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy, That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!
(Psalm 90:14)

That your days be satisfy by praying early
while there's still time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Where did you copy this from?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:00 PM

Post Just studying salvation is limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Greeting
in a shall way when I study, I may take maybe six hours of searching the scripture I look to see if Christ is around as like He says, John 5: 39 which states “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! (Christ)(NLT2)

S0 I continue just like anyone that is searching for some form of truth in the scripture, it says this truth is called the Gospels. So I need to camper between what people say, and what the scripture says about true salvation.

Timothy said, You have been taught the Holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15 (NLT2)
yes as a child I look at the Scriptures as the eyes of a child and open my eyes to give you what I saw, it’s not a copy per se, but what I saw looking for salvation, comparing scripture with scriptures, or verses with verses, meaning shall phrases, like (Romans 10:10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Breaking it down, the mouth confession is made for salvation, or salvation is calling out, but with my heart, not my mind, we read, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

I need to believe, salvation is based on my eternal heart, a heart that is been afflicted

Acts 13:22-23 (NKJV) And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, 'I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.'
From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior--Jesus—

A man after My own heart meaning rising up Christ, the heart is the key to salvation

we read Jeremiah 17:9 (NKJV) "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

So we see that heart is the key, as a child, I go to Christ for salvation, because my heart was deceitful

Jeremiah said I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

I test the mind because He can read your thoughts
Jeremiah 17: 10
Salvation is experience, being baptized with fire by Holy Spirit Mark 9:49

I leave you with this Proverbs 24:12 (NKJV) If you say, "Surely we did not know this," Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?

Christ said you know who I am, you knew of me I have your souls, and I knew you. Salvation knowing, is showing my heart, is giving heart as a living sacrifice.

Romans 12:1 (NKJV) I beseech (implore) you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Afflicted heart
A broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart

I may read all of this, this way?
Believe Confess your sins with all of your heart and let it be known your words so salvation can be attained, LOVE Is Your key

be saved
The heart show your speech or words

This not just copying and pacing, but searching, studying, and hoping, knowledge is power: A Revelation

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 07-13-2018 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: r

Old 07-13-2018, 05:18 PM

Exclamation What is salvation according to the true Gospel

Quote:

What is salvation according to the true gospel, there is a mystery according to Revelation the Spirit of God

We read First Corinthians 2:7-8 (NKJV) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

A mystery, the hidden wisdom, as the Lord said, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory
Salvation is a hidden wisdom, mystery to reveal, or to unveil at the proper to the His Saints.

In Romans 16: 25-27 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;

The revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, meaning just as the crucified was keep was hidden, salvation also.

In First Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Stewards of the mysteries, the Lord’ He uses the word Stewards
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
First Corinthians 2:9

In Ephesians 3: 1-9 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward; How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;

(as I wrote afore in few words). (Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.)

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

Whereof I was made a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Unto me who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unreachable riches of Christ.

And to make all men see what the fellowship of the mystery is, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Note: the mystery, which from the begin been hidden the world hath been hid in God
Hid in God in God as crucifixion which none of the rulers of this age knew not
First Corinthians 2:7-8
Just as salvation was keep on till now

In Acts 17:11 (NLT2) And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

Berea were more open-minded searched the Scriptures day after day, People new believes, searching for Christ the LORD, search the heart, and test the mind, by the individual who searching for Chris, and much time you search

In Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
The Spirit of God is everywhere searching for Chris

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither anything hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
Luke 8:17 (KJV)

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it is of God, or whether I speak of myself.
John 7:16-17 (KJV)
Jesus said this doctrine is not mine, just as this information is not mine, but the Spirit of God

Isaiah 34:16 (KJV) Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

First Corinthians 2:9-16 (NKJV) But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:55 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,636 times
If those in Christ are saved, how does one get in Christ?

Old 07-14-2018, 01:18 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
By loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't as Jesus instructed His disciples to do.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:38 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Quote:
Repentance and prayer and loving God and loving the saints of God will bring salvation in Christ , where people can get proof of the cross of Jesus Christ through their salvation

Old 07-14-2018, 11:58 AM

Post extraordinary

Quote:
Greeting
Do something extraordinary like Christ, show Him your heart

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 07-14-2018 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-14-2018, 12:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
By loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't as Jesus instructed His disciples to do.
Really? That's how 3000 were added to the church in one day in Acts? By loving God and each other every day?

Old 07-14-2018, 04:32 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Really? That's how 3000 were added to the church in one day in Acts? By loving God and each other every day?
The question was how do we get in Christ, NOT how do we become a member of some church!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity