Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:24 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Bet you also believe in talking snakes and donkeys?

Is that evolution or majik?
first thanks for the reply,

LOL, yes I do, and I have meet some silver tongue devils in my time. and they did speak with fork tongues. and I have also meet some Jack asses in my day to. so that's nothing new.

but back to the story, yes animals talk, don't you hear the birds singing each morning, dogs barking. my dog used to let me know when someone was in my yard...... Just because he didn't say, "hey 101c someone is in the yard", in my "perception" of what I thought that language is. is don't mean he couldn't talk.

it's very arrogant of us to think that what we consider languagable communication is the only means of communication, that's ignorance on our part. Koko the Gorilla prove that to us. and no it's not Majic ..... just fact.

Peace in Christ Jesus, Yeshua.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 06:27 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
FWIW and right, wrong, or indifferent, think the "traditional" understanding of (most) Christians is that we are "the image and likeness of God" because we not only have will and intellect but also an immortal soul/spiritual component---supposedly all attributes of God which He is supposed to possess as eternal Creator and "Father" and we possess as His creation and "children".

Image refers to God's invisible attributes; intellect, love, compassion, a mind etc. Those man has.

Likeness, which was not created but formed from dust, refers to God's visible attributes when He takes the form of man in a theophany. those we also have, arms legs etc.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:31 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I don’t believe in a literal seven day creation.

How donyou explain neanderthals and evolution? Were Adam and Eve neanderthals?

Neanderthals we just a early type of man. They were not as evolution likes to describe them.

Evolution is a false religion created by man. It is not based on science. Nothing it says can be proved.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:01 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Since so many of you fail to understand the science of evolution, you should refrain from showing the world how much you do not know.

Besides, this is not the Science forum. There are a few of you that have posted about evolution so many times after being warned that you have gotten dangerously close to earning infractions if you do so again.

Like we said in the "no science" rule, if somebody posts something in error, post a correction, but don't turn threads into arguments about science. (You far too often demonstrate your lack of knowledge of science.)

Old 07-26-2018, 07:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
There's much confusion over the definition of soul & spirit.

A spirit that inhabits a body is called a soul.
A soul without a body is called a spirit.

No need to over-complicate the matter.
What? You did just simplify it!!!

Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
It doesn't need to be scary. Fear is just a reflection of the unknown.

I love the cartoon analogy of the little Devil sitting on the left shoulder & an Angel on the right. Who is one listening to?
The negative ego is fed/encouraged/inflamed by pride, jealousy, anger, fear, greed, etc. The Spark of the Divine within is developed by love, compassion, empathy, for e.g.

The voice of the negative ego is loud & noisy. The voice of that Spark is soft & subtle (Why the Mystics of Old advised to learn 'to be still') One can 'train' the negative ego to be quiet (through meditation for e.g.) so that we can hear the soft voice.
Omg...are you married?
or maybe we were separated at birth. It's like I'm listening to myself !!!

(Except not just the Mystics of OLD advise to "Be still"....)

Old 07-26-2018, 08:03 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I was not discussing science or evolution. I was commenting on a remarrk someone said about neanderthals.

I know more about genetics than you do. You can't explain how parents with no bones, no need for bones and no gene for bones can have a kid with bones.

You also cant prove anything the TOE says. This and what I just complained about you is probably going to get me banned for good. If this was the only forum like this I might be concerned, but it is not. So do your best and get rid of me.

Children: Don't let what happened to omega, happen to you. Stay in school. Pay attention in class, especially Science, or you could end as damaged as he.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:12 AM

919 posts, read 609,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I don't believe in a literal seven day creation either.

all the variety, species, class, or group, and the diversity of life on this planet is by God allowing it, or guiding it.

You "don't believe in a literal seven day creation"? (Well to be pedantic it was only six. The Big Fella put his feet up on the seventh) So you just pick & choose which bits of the Bible to take literally or not? Fair enough, I do the same.

So you don't believe in the basic principle of 'free will'?
It's not only man who has free will. If nature didn't function under free will, species would not be able to adapt to changing environment & most flora & fauna species would have perished.

The theories of Evolution & the Big Bang describe the PROCESS of Creation from a scientific perspective.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 AM

'Made in His image' had a whole new meaning to my little pea brain when I found out
a thought literally looks like a tree in the brain...ie, a trunk with many branches...made
up of cells called
neurons.
We have about 100 trillion trees in our brains capable of growing up to 70,000 branches.
that means we have approx 3,000,000 years' worth of storage space in our brains.

That jaw-dropping day for me was very similar to realizing that all that I see is a hologram.
Hmm, maybe my next exciting, mind-blowing day was finding out according to quantum physics we are 99.99999% empty space.

(I had a minor fun day when I found out a 'day' to the Creator could be a 1000 years.)
My thinking has become very expansive and very open to more and more...with few old
rigid concepts now.

**mensa...oops, I think that was scientific...I was just talking about my jaw dropping moments in opening my mind.** Don't hate me.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 AM

919 posts, read 609,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Omg...are you married?
or maybe we were separated at birth. It's like I'm listening to myself !!!

(Except not just the Mystics of OLD advise to "Be still"....)
And a good morning to you too Miss Hepburn (just turned midnight here)

Just love the sayings from the Mystics of Old. (Why couldn't the Biblical writers at least have woven the Mystics wisdom through it? After all, Jesus himself was sent to study at the Mystery Schools in Egypt after his Bar-Mitzvah)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity